Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so everybody pretty much starts eating norm...

I was on full liquids from day 1-21. Started mushy foods yesterday and can start to try new foods, but they must still be soft. No restrictions at 6 weeks.

I was Clear Liquids days 1,2

full liquids 1 week

pureed foods 1 week

soft foods weeks 3-5

regular diet week 6

I really don't see the difference between soft and pureed.

I've finally figured it out, as I start soft tomorrow...

Mine is:

Clear liquids day 1 and 2

Full liquids for two weeks

Puree for two weeks (applesauce consistency)

Soft food for two weeks

introduce a new food every day after that.

The liquid stage is about hitting the Protein and Fluid goals.

The puree is about separating eating from drinking

The soft food stage is about learning to chew into small enough bites. So it doesn't have to start out in the blender, but you have to chew it to applesauce consistency before you swallow it.

And it's soft food so if you screw that up, you don't hurt yourself (would be my guess)

So for my surgeon, the first 6 weeks is about healing and learning what to do differently.

I'm 8 weeks until regular foods. EXCEPT - my surgeon recommends waiting until 6 months to eat steak or pork. I have a week by week shopping list that introduces new foods each week -- by weeks 4 and 5' date=' I have a decent amount of variety from which to choose.[/quote']

Please share!!!!!

My diet is

First 2 days Clear liquids

Day 3-13 full liquids

Day 14-30 purée/blenderized

Day 31-45 soft diet

And I am guessing after that onto regular food as tolerable!

Same as mine

I've finally figured it out' date=' as I start soft tomorrow...

Mine is:

Clear liquids day 1 and 2

Full liquids for two weeks

Puree for two weeks (applesauce consistency)

Soft food for two weeks

introduce a new food every day after that.

The liquid stage is about hitting the Protein and Fluid goals.

The puree is about separating eating from drinking

The soft food stage is about learning to chew into small enough bites. So it doesn't have to start out in the blender, but you have to chew it to applesauce consistency before you swallow it.

And it's soft food so if you screw that up, you don't hurt yourself (would be my guess)

So for my surgeon, the first 6 weeks is about healing and learning what to do differently.[/quote']

So what it's considered "soft"... ?

Purée is taking scrambled eggs Soup chili whatever and pureeing it in the blender. Soft is scramble eggs etc not blended.

My dr has a 3 3 3 plan.

NOTHING by mouth until you pass leak test day 2 then

3 days clear liquids

3 weeks liquids

3 weeks soft

The nut is totally different. I like the drs better.

Please share!!!!!

Week 1 Clear Liquids: Crystal Light, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jell-o, broth, Propel, de-caffeinated tea/coffee

Week 2 Full Liquids: Protein Drink, milk, greek yogurt (no fruit), blended Soups, thin oatmeal, cream of wheat, vegetable juice, thin applesauce, grits, hot chocolate, fudgesicles, pudding (all sugar free)

Week 3 Soft Foods: eggs, natural nut butters, soft baked fish (cod, tilapia, whitefish), mashed potatoes, low-fat soft cheeses (cottage, string, sliced), canned vegetables or fresh cooked to mush, canned fruit in own juice, bananas

Week 4 Soft Solid Foods: Canned tuna blended with mayo, seafood, egg salad, low Fiber cold cereals (ie Cheerios), crackers (Ritz, graham or saltine)

Week 5 Solid Foods: Thin shaved deli meat (chicken or turkey), Tofu, soft Beans, Soup (no beef), avocado, melons

Week 6 Solid Foods: Protein Bars, spinach, romaine or iceberg lettuce, high fiber cereals, brown rice, quinoa, stir fry vegetables, steam cooked frozen vegetables, whole wheat tortilla

Week 7 Solid Foods: Soft fruits without skin, ground meats (turkey, chicken, lean beef)

Week 8 Solid Foods: Moist baked chicken or turkey, soft cooked wheat Pasta, raw crunchy fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, kale, swiss chard, collards greens

Month 6: Steak and pork (ie: pork chop)

So what it's considered "soft"... ?

Soft is "fork tender". I've had a meatball, chicken salad, and have been told Wendy's chili is also an option. And veggies! Of course, I'm only eating about 1/4 cup again, but I have hope.

I'm looking forward to (well, not really):

one month liquids (not "full" liquids, just regular liquids)

one month purees

four months soft foods

don't go back to "normal" foods until six months out.

I was on liquids 2 wks and soft 2 wks. I think it's really important to not eat reg food right away cause there are staples in your stomach and that need time to heal by letting what u eat slide thru easy and not getting too full. Good luck