Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Wait to be thin' date=' I was very curious too ;) I first watched the webinar and met with Dr. O; I felt very comfortable with him and easily trusted him, which is new for me. He gave me a list of things to do before I could schedule my next appt; including blood work, upper GI, chest xray, primary care clearance, psychological assessment, and attending another support group. Once I completed these things I was scheduled a few days later to review my test results. It was at this appt that I was given my surgery date. I had researched the surgery options here and there for about 2 years; so I felt ready to move forward. I work for AtlantiCare and carry their insurance so authorization was easy. The pre-op diet starts 2 weeks before the surgery and is basically no carb, high Protein. Start to finish the process only took about 2 months. Hope this information is helpful and good luck!![/quote']

Thanks so much!!!! I, also, work for Atlanticare so I'm glad to know the insurance process will be so easy! Whew! My biggest concern is/was the Pre-op diet! Your information helped me much!!!! Thank you!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. My surgery is july 3rd . I have had my share of lifes drama and everyone on this forum has been so supportive and gotten me through it all. Wishing you the best on your journey. ;)

Thank you VST addict :) Good luck with your surgery!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. My surgery is july 3rd . I have had my share of lifes drama and everyone on this forum has been so supportive and gotten me through it all. Wishing you the best on your journey. ;)

Congrats on ur date n God bless u n ur team. Can't wait to hear about ur successes. Dee

Congrats on ur date n God bless u n ur team. Can't wait to hear about ur successes. Dee

Thank you so much Deez!! It is truly a blessing beyond belief. I sincerely appreciate your support and look foward to keeping in touch and hearing about all your success as well!♥

As far as family support goes, for me it has not all been positive either. But I understand the negative input comes from a place of concern for my well being. I know that the "Nonsupporters" care for and love me and are just worried about my well being, and maybe yours are as well. I am not trying to negate how you feel about the lack of support your getting but just offering another prospective. I am a very vocal person myself and have trouble holding back when it comes to verbalizing my thoughts and feeling for those I care for. So when it's my turn on the hot seat I am open to listening the opinions of those that are coming from a place of genuine care and concern for me. Although it has not changed my mind about going through with the procedure. I get where they're coming from and respectfully afford them the right to be heard. I'm not suggesting you change your mind or not change your mind about going through with this but hopefully helping you to be at peace with it and with those who love and care about you.

As far as family support goes, for me it has not all been positive either. But I understand the negative input comes from a place of concern for my well being. I know that the "Nonsupporters" care for and love me and are just worried about my well being, and maybe yours are as well. I am not trying to negate how you feel about the lack of support your getting but just offering another prospective. I am a very vocal person myself and have trouble holding back when it comes to verbalizing my thoughts and feeling for those I care for. So when it's my turn on the hot seat I am open to listening the opinions of those that are coming from a place of genuine care and concern for me. Although it has not changed my mind about going through with the procedure. I get where there coming from and respectfully afford them the right to be heard. I'm not suggesting you change your mind or not change your mind about going through with this but hopefully helping you to be at peace with it and with those who love and care about you.

Thanks for sharing! I have been fortunate to have a wife who has been sleeved, so I have great support. However, a few years ago I was that person who would not have been supportive. I grew up a little bit and matured as a person! Now I am about to be sleeved myself and am seeking support! How is that for a bit of unexpected irony?

I work for a large police department and expected little support from work. Police are great people, but they can be inflexible and unenlightened on some issues. I have been really pleasantly surprised at the positive reaction from my coworkers. I hope you'll let us all step in and lift you up if you're not getting the support you need.

It sounds a little harsh to say, but you might just have to ignore family and friends who are unsupportive in order to take care of yourself. Sadly, they sometimes feel threatened when you take charge of your own life and make a major change. Listen to your doctors and ask us for help anytime!

Well I just want to say good luck! I really didn't tell anybody till I was getting ready to go for surgery for the fear they would think it was the easy way out, but I had to because I had to start a liquid diet 2 weeks out and wasn't able to eat with everybody like usual. Now for the great things soon to happen follow doctors guidelines and you will get results stray and it becomes a little harder. Take some before pictures and then put an outfit that you are comfortable in away and save it. I have a pair of pants that were a tight! 50 and 6 months out wear a size 38 to 34 depending on the brand. It will be amazing feeling when you go to put it on and it falls right off. On my second uniform size change at work also it annoys them but I love it. Good luck 365 was my highest now 209 surgery was nov 6 2012

Thanks for sharing! I have been fortunate to have a wife who has been sleeved, so I have great support. However, a few years ago I was that person who would not have been supportive. I grew up a little bit and matured as a person! Now I am about to be sleeved myself and am seeking support! How is that for a bit of unexpected irony?

I work for a large police department and expected little support from work. Police are great people, but they can be inflexible and unenlightened on some issues. I have been really pleasantly surprised at the positive reaction from my coworkers. I hope you'll let us all step in and lift you up if you're not getting the support you need.

It sounds a little harsh to say, but you might just have to ignore family and friends who are unsupportive in order to take care of yourself. Sadly, they sometimes feel threatened when you take charge of your own life and make a major change. Listen to your doctors and ask us for help anytime!

Thank you, I have decided to just ignore the negative comments; I recently told my co-workers and was pleasantly surprised with their support. A few people said that they have seen me trying so hard and are happy that I am doing something to help me along my journey. It was nice to receive this validation. In a support group I attended a member said that the negative comments are really about the person, not me; I am seeing this come to life. Thank you for your words of encouragement and congratulations on your success!

I had a consultation with Dr. O...didn't make it past his nurse. Never even saw him. That was a year ago. I am now seeing Dr. Attia. Go for my second appt June 25.

I had a consultation with Dr. O...didn't make it past his nurse. Never even saw him. That was a year ago. I am now seeing Dr. Attia. Go for my second appt June 25.

How come you didn't get past her!?

She said I didn't meet the requirements and insurance wouldn't approve me. I was so discouraged, but I tried again and I have not met any resistance this time.

She said I didn't meet the requirements and insurance wouldn't approve me. I was so discouraged' date=' but I tried again and I have not met any resistance this time.[/quote']

Well good thing you didn't give up!!!

Good for you Elhudge; was going to as the same question. Good luck with everything!