Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wendys salad (berry)

Before VSG, I enjoyed the Mandaran chicken salad. I have not been back to Wendy's in a very long time (over a year), except to have a cup of chili from time to time. Today, I decided to try their berry salad. Sorry, no picture. I got an error when trying to upload about file permissions. The good part of this salad is that the dressing only has 50 calories, but is yummy raspberry balsamic vinegar. You might like this as a post op if you can manage salads ok.

fiddleman, remind me...about when can I try eating a salad with lettuce? I am one-month out today and am still a little scared to try raw veggies of any type

Usually salads work around month 5 or 6, but some get luckier and can do it sooner. Forgot to mention, I could only eat the chicken on top plus about 3 bites of salad (nabbed a strawberry in the bite). Gave the rest to my wife and it was still "loaded" except for the chicken. Not sure exactly how many calories I took in but I would say chicken was 4-5 ounces and salad was 1 oz. Only got a tiny amount of cheese and 2 berry 1/2s with the salad bite, yet still in between satisfied and stuffed. Burps and slight slimes.

thanks for the response...I don't think I will even attempt it until month 4 or maybe 5...did you have trouble with red meats at all? I definitely won't try something like steak for several months but what about something like ground meat or deli roast beef?

That sounds yummy! I'll keep it in mind when needing on the go ideas. I too, tend to eat around the lettuce and just a bite or so of lettuce. Lettuce is just green Water and I get enough water every day :D

thanks for the response...I don't think I will even attempt it until month 4 or maybe 5...did you have trouble with red meats at all? I definitely won't try something like steak for several months but what about something like ground meat or deli roast beef?

Yeah it took me until month 6 until I could comfortably eat red meat. Threw up on the 3 x I tried between month 3 and month 6. Now, no issues and can comfortably eat a patty, 5 oz steak or 4-5 oz beef Jerky without issues like sliming or throwing up.

That sounds yummy! I'll keep it in mind when needing on the go ideas. I too' date=' tend to eat around the lettuce and just a bite or so of lettuce. Lettuce is just green Water and I get enough Water every day :D[/quote']

Lol @ green water. I keep trying to tell my wife this, but she stands by nutrients that come from lettuce so I continue to eat it. I have my own green drinks I do every day in the morning that make me "immortal." :)

Studies show that there are absolutely zero nutrients in iceberg lettuce, but plenty in romaine. So since I read that, I made the switch. I love salads & will miss them after I'm sleeved, until I can eat them again!! Must make mental note to try that berry salad! YUM!!

On the salads that I make at home I use spinach instead of lettuce to get a bit more nutrition into it. Tolerance for these things is a big variable between people - I was starting to play with my little spinach/veg/meat salads at about a month out and did try an occasional bite of lettuce from my wife's salad when we would eat out. Others may have problem with lettuce (or other foods) for many months before they can tolerate them.

I never had much of a problem with red meat during this process, though my wife did have problems with ground beef for a while when she went through this a few years ago. The surgeon suggested that patients often tolerate filet better than ground beef (one of the best "prescriptions" that we have ever gotten from a doc!)

I was one of those lucky ones I started eating salads at about 2 and half months, no issues what so ever.... if you liked that Wendys one you'll also like Chick fil a's Grill Market salad (romaine lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, grilled chicken, apples, strawberries, blueberries) mix of nuts on the side to add and granola but I skip on that... with about a tablespoon of their lime avocado ranch! Delicious!

Studies show that there are absolutely zero nutrients in iceberg lettuce, but plenty in romaine. So since I read that, I made the switch. I love salads & will miss them after I'm sleeved, until I can eat them again!! Must make mental note to try that berry salad! YUM!!

It's not entirely zero, but close. Iceberg has a decent amount of potassium and Vitamin K in it, though romaine is better on both counts (along with a good dose of Vitamin A as well,) so romaine is certainly my choice when choosing a commercial salad, but I'm glad that I learned to like spinach for my homemade salads as it's another step up (though how much difference it made early on when I could only afford about 10 g of it in my salads is debatable!)

I was one of those lucky ones I started eating salads at about 2 and half months' date=' no issues what so ever.... if you liked that Wendys one you'll also like Chick fil a's Grill Market salad (romaine lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, grilled chicken, apples, strawberries, blueberries) mix of nuts on the side to add and granola but I skip on that... with about a tablespoon of their lime avocado ranch! Delicious![/quote']

That grill market salad sounds good, but unfortunately, I have never heard of "chick fil a" around where I live (Seattle area). Is that a regional fast food place to eat?

That grill market salad sounds good' date=' but unfortunately, I have never heard of "chick fil a" around where I live (Seattle area). Is that a regional fast food place to eat?[/quote']

Don't worry fiddle they will be there soon I'm sure. They just started building them here.

So like a cancer they will spread to your area :P

What Laura said! :-/.. they are definitely becoming more and more popular.... hope one comes around soon!

The Seattle area doesn't always get the big fast food chains, I've noticed. They must think we are part of Canada. BBC thought the bridge that collapsed a few weeks ago was part of Canada. :) little off topic but the salads sound so good! (Especially being on the post op liquid phase)