Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1st Florence hosp Lucerna hotel

Is anyone else having surgery July 1?

I might be at florence July 2nd....still trying to make up my mind! :wacko:

But I think I would be staying at the Marriot.

My mind is made up... I think! Lol

It's so crazy...My mind was absolutely made up this morning, but this evening, I'm wobbling. For me, it's choosing the surgeon. It's between Dr. Fernando Garcia, Dr. Velanzuela, and Dr. Lopez. Honestly, I can't keep them straight in my mind anymore. How does anyone ever choose? Right now, I'm leaning toward Garcia because he can perform the surgery a week before the other two, and I want as much healing time as possible before I have to return to work.

Have you done much research on florence, mooregirl? I know almost nothing about it.

It's so crazy...My mind was absolutely made up this morning' date=' but this evening, I'm wobbling. For me, it's choosing the surgeon. It's between Dr. Fernando Garcia, Dr. Velanzuela, and Dr. Lopez. Honestly, I can't keep them straight in my mind anymore. How does anyone ever choose? Right now, I'm leaning toward Garcia because he can perform the surgery a week before the other two, and I want as much healing time as possible before I have to return to work.

Have you done much research on florence, mooregirl? I know almost nothing about it.[/quote']

You can search florence on here. There are many many positive reviews of it. After reading as many of other people's experiences as I could find, I feel comfortable having surgery there. As far as choosing a dr., I can only say go with your gut instinct. I talked to several different ones before deciding. Almost anyone you ask will recommend their dr. It's a very personal choice and most defend their doctor fiercely. That's why I recommend speaking with them and going with your instinct. I believe the ones you are deciding between are all pretty good from what I have read on this forum. Time off work and adjusting to life with the sleeve would be an important factor to me.

OK! Mind made up! I have Lupus, and Dr. Garcia is the only doctor who requested extra blood work and a kidney function test before the surgery, and that sealed the deal for me. :)

Now, I just have to convince my family doctor to be there for me when I get home. He's a super hard-core athlete (heli-skiing, cycling up volcanoes, etc. ) and won't understand. I'm dreading telling him on Wednesday...but my mind is made up! :D

OK! Mind made up! I have Lupus' date=' and Dr. Garcia is the only doctor who requested extra blood work and a kidney function test before the surgery, and that sealed the deal for me. :)

Now, I just have to convince my family doctor to be there for me when I get home. He's a super hard-core athlete (heli-skiing, cycling up volcanoes, etc. ) and won't understand. I'm dreading telling him on Wednesday...but my mind is made up! :D[/quote']

Yay! When I told my family doctor she was completely on board. She said the benefits of losing the weight and avoiding all of the diseases that go along with being overweight were worth it. She volunteered to do follow ups with me and set me up on a schedule already. I was very hesitant to mention it because I have heard of so many doctors not being on board with it but she very much surprised me. If your doctor won't do follow ups with you, you may want to find a new doctor. Most of the sleeve doctors are more than willing to provide your family doctor with any information they need.

Yay! When I told my family doctor she was completely on board.

Turns out my doctor is on board too! He has another patient who had the surgery and gave him a great report of her experience. We live in a small town, and he just assumed that I heard about it from her....but since I don't know who it was, he's hoping to connect us so that we can be support for each other. :)

Oh my goodness...it's getting really real, fast! I'm so excited. So. Very. Excited!!!!

I'm so glad to hear that! I wish it would hurry up and get here. Lol. I will keep you in my thoughts for a successful surgery, smooth recovery as well as getting to your ideal weight!

Thanks for your good thoughts and right back at you! I think we'll probably see each other in person at florence.< /p>

My surgery is July 1st with Dr. Garcia at florence too! I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Garcia! Good luck to you and I'll probably see y'all down in Mexico!!

Hooray! I have two people to be on the lookout for! Just so you know, you might not recognize me by my profile pic! LOL

Which hotel are you staying at, GeorgiaSleeverCatLady? I'll be at the Marriott.

Mine is July 1st with Dr Ortiz. I'll be staying at the Marriott too!

Mine is July 1st with Dr Ortiz. I'll be staying at the Marriott too!

Yay! Swing by my room so I can buy you a popsicle!