Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone feel amazing post op?

Obviously I understand soreness and some pain, but anyone have a really easy recovery? I'd like some positive stories! :)

I really did -- I had my surgery on a Wednesday and out of the hospital on Thursday. I didn't need the pain meds after Saturday night and was shopping in Target on Sunday.

I had a relatively good recovery, i had little to no gas pains I was up walking a few hours post op and pain was minimal during the day. At night i had a hard tine being confortable, so thats when i really needed the pain meds. Had yogurt a day an a half post op in the hospital and had zero issues.

I did fine. Walked around the surgery center h til the staff told me to stop and go back to bed. Went to the OR around 2pm on Wednesday, discharged 7:30am Thursday and was gardening and shopping on Friday. No real pain. Little nausea but nothing that an occasional zofran didn't fix.

Me. Had surgery on Thursday and went back to work on Tuesday. I felt some gas discomfort, but it wasn't bad -- and some soreness on my tummy, but again nothing I had to take pain meds for. I think I only took like 3 pain pills total, and that was for the day after surgery and the plane ride home. I only took 2-3 days of antacids. The gas discomfort tends to travel to different sites on your body, like your shoulders, but it wasn't that bad for me. Thank goodness.

I had really bad nausea from the narcotics, so I switched to Tylenol and found I didn't need that after day 3. The gas pains dissipated in a few days after lots of walking. My incisions are healing with hardly any pain or itching. I did have a hard time eating - small amounts and liquids only for almost two weeks.

My surgery and recovery went so easy. I am soooooo lucky. I was sleeved in the morning and back in my room by noon. I was up walking at 3 and didn't get back in the bed till I went to sleep that night. I sat up in a comfy chair in the hospital and was walking every hour. No nausea. At all. I did take pain and nausea meds while in the hospital just in case, my surgeon says that what they are there for. I kept down Water and ice and was given the choice to stay a second night or go home. I chose to go home so was in the hospital for barely 24 hours.

Recovery at home was easy, was taking in 60 grams of Protein and 60 oz of liquids by the end of the first week. I have yet to throw up. Was walking about 2 miles per day after the first week, split up into to walks.

I followed the Dr.'s orders to a T and it has served me well. My diet is not carb restricted, just balanced with Protein and fruit/veggie. No room for bread, Pasta and sugars. I eat dense protein including steak without issue. I will say though with all the horror stories about salad I have been to chicken to try it yet but all indications point to a sleeve of steel for me so not sure why I have wussed out on trying it. I guess I don't want to push my luck.

I enjoy a cup of coffee each day and drink about half of it. I enjoy a glass of wine each weekend, hubby and I are wine lovers with the blessing of my surgeon and NUT I enjoy wine. Not nearly as much as before though.

I will be 3 months out tomorrow and and have lost 33 pounds since surgery and 46 since pre op. I think I would be a few pounds more if I didn't partake in the wine on the weekends. My NUT says at 6 months out she wants me at 165. I am at 173 today. I will be well past that by then.

I am enjoying life more than I can say and love my sleeve! I feel better than I ever have in my adult life. I was self pay in the states and at this point the $12,200 cash that I forked over seems like a bargin at twice the price! I would do it again in a New York minute!

If you are looking for positive, I am a walking, talking (and newly size 12 thank you very much) example of the life that the sleeve can be.

Wishing you the very best! :)

I also had a very easy recovery. I had surgery on Monday, left the hospital by early afternoon on Tuesday and I felt I cold have returned to work by Wednesday (desk job). Like others said, I had very little gas pain as well and I was no more sore than a good ab workout would cause. I didnt need any of my vicodin post op, just what they gave me in the hospital.

I will caveat that with my surgery being robotic and it is much easier on the body due to more precise and minimal movements.

Thanks everyone! Doctor called this morning and confirmed my surgery date of July 3rd! After 6 months of excitement, I'm getting nervous because now it feels real!

I did just fine. Had surgery on Wednesday, was back to work the next Tuesday with no pain. Today and yesterday are the first days of pain I've had, and that's only because I over-exerted myself and pulled an abdominal muscle!!

Thanks everyone! Doctor called this morning and confirmed my surgery date of July 3rd! After 6 months of excitement, I'm getting nervous because now it feels real!

The worst part of surgery for me was the first hour postop. Besides feeling groggy I felt a gas pain that would not go away. As soon as they started giving me painkillers it got better. From the point that I got to my room it got better by the day.

One thing I want to leave you with: don't fret at any weight you gain in the hospital. I gained 6lbs and freaked out :lol: . A week postop and the 6lbs and a little more are gone.

The worst part of surgery for me was the first hour postop. Besides feeling groggy I felt a gas pain that would not go away. As soon as they started giving me painkillers it got better. From the point that I got to my room it got better by the day.

One thing I want to leave you with: don't fret at any weight you gain in the hospital. I gained 6lbs and freaked out :lol: . A week postop and the 6lbs and a little more are gone.

Thanks! I'm soooo scared of post op nausea lol. But I told my surgeon and he's going to give me nausea meds before and after.

You probably won't want to hear this, but my answer to that question is HELL to the NO! Lol, it was a little rough at first - not pain, not vomiting, just feeling bad in general. I also had a really hard time waking up, and had gas pain in recovery. However, I was able to get up that night and walk the halls, and it was nothing that really kept me down. I think I just expected to feel like all the previous posters who said how it easy it was. I had 3 c-sections, and those were a breeze for me. I am not trying to scare you, but you just never know you your body will respond. So, even though I didn't feel amazing, it was still absolutely worth it to me. That was short term pain for long term gain. It was nothing that wasn't manageable, but I did wonder if there was something wrong with me for not feeling great. Good luck, and congrats on your date! (PS- I feel amazing now ;) )

I had it pretty easy! Had one full day of nausea (my wth did i do to myself day) in the hospital but I beat it! I'm 2 weeks out as of today and I forget that I just had surgery often. I'm often reminded to sit down and relax by my 3 children lol The most painful for me was having my drain tube removed last Thursday and even that pain only lasted a few minutes. Don't stress, be educated and follow your surgeons directions! I have no regrets! I'm down 30lbs and happy :) Good luck and enjoy your journey.

You probably won't want to hear this' date=' but my answer to that question is HELL to the NO! Lol, it was a little rough at first - not pain, not vomiting, just feeling bad in general. I also had a really hard time waking up, and had gas pain in recovery. However, I was able to get up that night and walk the halls, and it was nothing that really kept me down. I think I just expected to feel like all the previous posters who said how it easy it was. I had 3 c-sections, and those were a breeze for me. I am not trying to scare you, but you just never know you your body will respond. So, even though I didn't feel amazing, it was still absolutely worth it to. That was short term pain for long term gain. It was nothing that wasn't manageable, but I did wonder if there was something wrong with me for not feeling great. Good luck, and congrats on your date! (PS- I feel amazing now ;) )[/quote']

Thank you. I've had 2 csections. I'm totally ok with pain. It's the nausea/vomiting I'm nervous about. My surgeon laughed at me because I'm not even nervous about the surgery itself, just the way ill feel when I wake up!