Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow-losers/Low BMI ers.... do you ever reach goal?!?!

Aggi congrats on the weight you have lost. Don't get discouraged, we are all unique and lose differently. It's sounds like your bmi is on the lower end and ppl with lower bmi's than 42 lower lose much less and slower than those with a higher bmi are the ones to lose more faster.

I had my WLS on 11/14/13, 5'7 hw 266, sw 244, cw scale at doc ofc read 242, home reads 230. I'm on my post-up week 7 and not losing weight like others for my timeframe, however I'm losing inches like crazy, so don't only look at scale, look at your body transforming. I'd rather lose inches than weight and ok with it as I do see inches melting off

Is it worth it? I'd have to day yes, if it wouldn't be for the surgery I wouldn't be down to where I'm at today and would have still prob gain more weight through the holidays. So I'm happy and comfortable with my own progress so far, slow but being patient.

Oh and not to forget to mention I haven't been able to exercise due to major low back bulging disc pain and healing from right knee arthroscopy. Off my hb and diabetes type 2 meds and luckily didn't have to start Meds for cholestral. I think it most definitely worth it.

As long as you drink lots of Water and your 50 to 80mlg of Protein daily or eat it, is the key to WL success. You might be building muscle dunces toyed exercising 4x a week. Maybe reduce on calories, try to go back to the liquid diet for 1 or 2 weeks to see if that gives you that jump start again.

You will lose weight and be successful, give your body time to adjust and you will see it before you expect it. Hang in there and keep following your doctors advise.

Hang in there and keep up the great job!! ????

Hi ladies! Im slower then slow I'm 7 months out and well I've only lost 33 pounds total ;-( so sad! I'm 5'0 and staring weight was 204 I haven't lost any weight in 4 months now I haven't been able to see my doctor. I know I have thyroid and hormone issues. What can I say... I just hope I continue to lose. I feel like a total loser! Full of guilt every time I eat. Anyway it's hard for me to be on this form I can't help but to compare my weight loss with other hope it get better!

I can totally relate to you. How are you doing now?

Scorpion11 Thank you for u kind words at this point I am very discourage 13 weeks post op and only lost 13 lbs and 3 inches and nothing seems to work plus I am still in so much pain

I am glad u think it was worth it and u doing good happy to hear that and wish u all the best

keep me posted

Aggi congrats on the weight you have lost. Don't get discouraged, we are all unique and lose differently. It's sounds like your bmi is on the lower end and ppl with lower bmi's than 42 lower lose much less and slower than those with a higher bmi are the ones to lose more faster.

I had my WLS on 11/14/13, 5'7 hw 266, sw 244, cw scale at doc ofc read 242, home reads 230. I'm on my post-up week 7 and not losing weight like others for my timeframe, however I'm losing inches like crazy, so don't only look at scale, look at your body transforming. I'd rather lose inches than weight and ok with it as I do see inches melting off

Is it worth it? I'd have to day yes, if it wouldn't be for the surgery I wouldn't be down to where I'm at today and would have still prob gain more weight through the holidays. So I'm happy and comfortable with my own progress so far, slow but being patient.

Oh and not to forget to mention I haven't been able to exercise due to major low back bulging disc pain and healing from right knee arthroscopy. Off my hb and diabetes type 2 meds and luckily didn't have to start Meds for cholestral. I think it most definitely worth it.

As long as you drink lots of Water and your 50 to 80mlg of Protein daily or eat it, is the key to WL success. You might be building muscle dunces toyed exercising 4x a week. Maybe reduce on calories, try to go back to the liquid diet for 1 or 2 weeks to see if that gives you that jump start again.

You will lose weight and be successful, give your body time to adjust and you will see it before you expect it. Hang in there and keep following your doctors advise.

Hang in there and keep up the great job!!

Colemon 70 I hear you but we have to stay positive at all times I am stuck at 172 lbs I want to get it down to 150lbs but is just not happening plus the pain under my ribs and lower back is horrible

Hi ladies! Im slower then slow I'm 7 months out and well I've only lost 33 pounds total ;-( so sad! I'm 5'0 and staring weight was 204 I haven't lost any weight in 4 months now I haven't been able to see my doctor. I know I have thyroid and hormone issues. What can I say... I just hope I continue to lose. I feel like a total loser! Full of guilt every time I eat. Anyway it's hard for me to be on this form I can't help but to compare my weight loss with other hope it get better!

I can totally relate to you. How are you doing now?

Colemon 70 I hear you but we have to stay positive at all times I am stuck at 172 lbs I want to get it down to 150lbs but is just not happening plus the pain under my ribs and lower back is horrible

How are you feeling? I hope things are better for you.

I was a low BMI'er but not as low as some of you. I'm 5'2" and starting weight was 206. I got to goal in about 10 months. I'm below that now, but I wouldn't consider 10 months to lose 81 pounds slow exactly. Felt fast. Stick to your plans and you'll get there!

Hello Colemon 70

How are u doing?

I was in hospital I needed blood transfusion I have severe anemia but still didn't loose anything I gained 5 lbs

I have no idea why I cant loose that weight

Tell me u progress

Hello Colemon 70 How are u doing? I was in hospital I needed blood transfusion I have severe anemia but still didn't loose anything I gained 5 lbs I have no idea why I cant loose that weight Tell me u progress

Omg that's crazy :( is it related to your sleeve? Are you out of the hospital yet?? I'm doing well just super slow losing. I'm at 175 and around 10 months out so I'm down about 50 pounds. Discouraged but not giving up and happy about the what I've lost

Hey Colemon

I am home now but I am not feeling well I have headaches and no energy at all so tired all the time plus my hair is coming out I will be bold soon

My anemia is due to sleeve but I had problems with pain and all since the beginning I so regret this only lost 13 lbs in over 3 mts

Hello Colemon 70 How are u doing? I was in hospital I needed blood transfusion I have severe anemia but still didn't loose anything I gained 5 lbs I have no idea why I cant loose that weight Tell me u progress

Omg that's crazy :( is it related to your sleeve? Are you out of the hospital yet?? I'm doing well just super slow losing. I'm at 175 and around 10 months out so I'm down about 50 pounds. Discouraged but not giving up and happy about the what I've lost

Hey Colemon I am home now but I am not feeling well I have headaches and no energy at all so tired all the time plus my hair is coming out I will be bold soon My anemia is due to sleeve but I had problems with pain and all since the beginning I so regret this only lost 13 lbs in over 3 mts

I'm so sorry to hear that. I haven't lost more than 13 in 3 months but I haven't had any other issues. Are you in touch with your surgeon? When do they expect you to be better?

I went to Mexico to have mine done and they don't follow up with me never did I had a lot of problems since then including bad infection in and out and when I email my surgeon he said it was something I had to have before surgery and he said that he will sue me for defamation it was funny at the time cause I have all the test to prove it and I only talk about my personal experience so I told him to double check the word what it means

Hey Colemon I am home now but I am not feeling well I have headaches and no energy at all so tired all the time plus my hair is coming out I will be bold soon My anemia is due to sleeve but I had problems with pain and all since the beginning I so regret this only lost 13 lbs in over 3 mts

I'm so sorry to hear that. I haven't lost more than 13 in 3 months but I haven't had any other issues. Are you in touch with your surgeon? When do they expect you to be better?

My surgery was in August 2012 and I've lost next to nothing. To date I've lost 39 lbs and haven't gone anywhere else. I'm so disgusted and a little bitter when I go on this board. I don't get why so many are doing so well and I'm not. I follow the plan. I don't want to be ultra skinny but i want to be healthy and feel good about the way i do. So disappointed.

I'm three weeks post op with no energy and haven't lost any weight this week. Granted I have lost 25 since the date of operation but I'm struggling with the Protein and I'm getting tired of fish Beans and turkey. I am also struggling with the Water. Any advice?

I'm three weeks post op with no energy and haven't lost any weight this week. Granted I have lost 25 since the date of operation but I'm struggling with the Protein and I'm getting tired of fish Beans and turkey. I am also struggling with the Water. Any advice?

Water was never a problem for me. Try using small cups and sip like crazy

Wow! I'm really worried now. My surgery date is Feb 5, 2014. I know, not even 2 weeks. My BMI 32. I'm worried my surgeon didn't make my sleeve small enough. I never get nauseated are as full like other people that had it. My stomach is supposed to be 3 ounces, but I just drank a 11oz Protein Shake in 10 minutes. Sure I'm full, but give me a hour. My stomach will feel empty agin