Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my beginning stages of Lapband!

Hi there NW Washington folks.

I am starting the stages that I need to take to become banded. I am hoping that by the middle to end of 2007 I will be banded.

One of the things I am doing now is finding a Dr. Can you all sort of help me? If you had your Band done here in the NW could you let me know who your Dr or facility was that you used? I have a few names but am not going to post them at this time. I want to see if who I have is ones that you would give me.

I have a few dates in January for seminars that I have found so I guess I need to do those as well.

Any :help: you all can share is wonderful!!!! :huggie: :)

I went with Dr. Montgomery at the NWWLS in South Everett. I liked their approach to after-care, and had been impressed with how supportive they were with my DH after his banding. I don't have experience with the other two surgeons there, but I hear they are good also.

Many of those on their staff have been banded, so they really get what we are going through.

Thanks Lisah. So what can you share with me about him?

You can even IM me if you want if you have Yahoo. I am Tamgth there. Email as well.

Thanks Lisah. So what can you share with me about him?

The practice is exclusivly LapBand, so they can focus on us and our needs. They have a surgical suite in their clinic, and do most of the banding as outpatient. Last I checked, they had done more then 1,900 lap bands. He was a general Laproscopic surgeon for 10 years before deciding to focus on lap banding.

What I liked is that he took time to talk to me. To answer all my questions. To explain the risks, and what I would need to do after to make this work. I didn't feel talked down to at all. He is very compassionate.

And Jessie Ahroni, who wrote a book on banding, works in that clinic.

Is there anything in particular you are interested in as far as picking a surgeon?

I want to second Dr Montgomery. He did my band and is so professional and compasionate. I never felt embarased about anything and he really wants to help. He understands what we are all about and his seminars prove it too!

Well I am set up for a seminar! I am going on January 15th. I am very excited. My mom is going with me and hopefully my DH will be able to go as well. (he works really late some days) Onward I go!!!

Add my vote for NWWLS. Dr Montgomery did my DH's band as well. My DH is still the biggest person they've ever banded at the clinic, and he was in hospital for, I think three days, but he was Super, Super MO... BMI of something like 80+

Add my vote for NWWLS. Dr Montgomery did my DH's band as well. My DH is still the biggest person they've ever banded at the clinic, and he was in hospital for, I think three days, but he was Super, Super MO... BMI of something like 80+

That's good to read, I have a friend who is about a BMI 67 who is interested in surgery.

Hi, I was just banded last Thursday, Jan. 4th. Dr. Kevin Montgomery of NWWLS in Everett, WA did my surgery, and he is top-notch! From the seminar to the pre-op appointments, the front desk gals, the nurses... All made me feel welcome, comfortable, and supported. I am just beginning this, but boy am I glad I did it!

I was a self-pay, we were refinancing anyway, so we just took out more. My husband is very supportive, and I feel like I have the best chance of success FINALLY than at any other time in my life! Thank God I noticed a coworker's steady and dramatic weight loss and asked her what she was doing, or I never would have known about the Lap Band.:clap2:

Take Care,

Sandy

Im glad you are giving NWWLS a look-see by attending one of their semenars. I cant say enough about there professionalism. Ill be going to the next Thursday group session in January. I need a little more motivation after the holidays. Best wishes and Healthy New Year!

I was banded at NWWLS last Tuesday. I used Dr.Watkins and was very happy with the whole process. Everyone on this thread has pretty much covered my reasons for choosing them, their aftercare was one of the deciding factors. Dr.Watkins was also great about answering questions and their success rate is very good, in the high 90 percentile. I like those odds :)

I had surgery last Thursday. My Dr is Dr Ki Oh. I come from a family of doctors and he was investigated and recommended by them. I am really pleased with his process. Surgery was a textbook case. I am suffering from some depression, but I think it is because I am hungry. Haven't eaten since 12/31. Dr. Oh is in Federal Way.

I was really sick on Monday and was not able to attend my seminar:(. I am going to have to reschedual for another one. Finally getting over this terrible cold that I had so that is a good thing.