Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting My Pre-op Diet Today!

So I start my pre-op diet today. That means two weeks from today, June 17th, I'll be sleeved. Weighed in at 317.6 this morning. I have a YouTube channel that I'm hoping to document my beginning to end on. I'm a former pro wrestler turned med student. Recording all my intake on My Fitness Pal. If you're interested in seeing my page my user name is mkd117 on YouTube. There are just wrestling videos now, but soon I'll be posting a timeline Vlog of my sleeve surgery. From body slams to a slamming body!

Best wishes to all my pre-op diet buddies this week!

I found the pre-op liquid only diet extremely challenging but sounds like many others (from what I've read) didn't have a tough time with it. I can do a strict diet but I can't stand artificial sweetener, I struggle with Protein Shakes and I just want real food - luckily, it's not that long that until I can start having real food again. As a former pro-wrestler, I'm guessing you will have better go at the liquid diet since you are maybe used to rigid diets/training. Best wishes to you on your surgery and on-going success!! :)

Just keep reminding yourself you will will NEVER weight this much again.. And each day gets easier!! the preop is the most difficult part..

What does your prep op diet look like? I started today as well and had a Protein Shake (w/1% milk) for Breakfast, broth for lunch, non fat yogurt for snack and shake for dinner. I feel like the milk and yogurt are no no's. The Dr. didn't say I had to do a pre op diet but I feel its for the best. Any Advice? Thanks in advance.

What does your prep op diet look like? I started today as well and had a Protein shake (w/1% milk) for breakfast' date=' broth for lunch, non fat yogurt for snack and shake for dinner. I feel like the milk and yogurt are no no's. The Dr. didn't say I had to do a pre op diet but I feel its for the best. Any Advice? Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I haven't started yet but I have my list, yogurt is fine just keep the sugars to 15grams or less ...I use unflavored Fage with some sugar free vanilla Syrup (or any other sf flavor) I find Fage has the mildest taste of the unflavored if that makes sense lol

So I start my pre-op diet today. That means two weeks from today' date=' June 17th, I'll be sleeved. Weighed in at 317.6 this morning. I have a YouTube channel that I'm hoping to document my beginning to end on. I'm a former pro wrestler turned med student. Recording all my intake on My Fitness Pal. If you're interested in seeing my page my user name is mkd117 on YouTube. There are just wrestling videos now, but soon I'll be posting a timeline Vlog of my sleeve surgery. From body slams to a slamming body!

Best wishes to all my pre-op diet buddies this week![/quote']

Is that your name on mfp also? Are you looking to add people?

Good luck!

I started today too! I don't have to do all liquids (clear) until the last two days. For now I'm supposed to stay "lean & green" per my nut. High Protein, low carb, 1200-1500 cals per day.

I am also having Protein Shakes, had one for breakfast mixed with Water, so I can try out all the different flavors in a sample pack I got from my doc's office.

Dealing with head hunger primarily, I know that will be the hardest part for me.

What does your prep op diet look like? I started today as well and had a Protein shake (w/1% milk) for breakfast' date=' broth for lunch, non fat yogurt for snack and shake for dinner. I feel like the milk and yogurt are no no's. The Dr. didn't say I had to do a pre op diet but I feel its for the best. Any Advice? Thanks in advance.[/quote']

How is it going with your pre op diet? I'm doing well with mine. I had a bit of a rough day on Sunday. Overdid it on Saturday and got a total Migraine on Sunday and my blood sugar tanked. I had to do a few sips of juice and sugar to get it back up again then I had my breakfast. Definitely make sure your liver is detoxing. It sounds like what you're doing is helping. But I would definitely be getting some leafy green vegetables because those help cleanse your body. My nut told me to have at least two shakes a day and one small salad plate dinneror lunch with 4 ounces or less of Protein and half a cup of low carb vegetables. she didn't specify what my calorie count should be or how many carbs should be getting or should not be getting but I found that if I follow this diet then I am getting about 700 to 900 calories and 50 or less carbs a day. the one thing she did tell me was to get at least 70 grams of protein a day to prevent hair loss and muscle atrophy after the surgery. I have really good protein so I seem to be getting about 80-90 grams of protein each day!

one huge thing that I forgot to mention is I'm down 14.4 pounds since Monday June 3rd!

one huge thing that I forgot to mention is I'm down 14.4 pounds since Monday June 3rd!

You are doing AWESOME!! I am doing well. I'm actually not that hungry. But feeding the family is hard. The food is so temping but I haven't cheated at all. I modified the broth to a fish and vegetable brothy Soup, in order to get some greens and more Protein in. I have only lost 8 lbs. But a loss is a loss.

You are doing AWESOME!! I am doing well. I'm actually not that hungry. But feeding the family is hard. The food is so temping but I haven't cheated at all. I modified the broth to a fish and vegetable brothy soup' date=' in order to get some greens and more Protein in. I have only lost 8 lbs. But a loss is a loss.[/quote']

Thanks so much! I started at 317.6 so I expected a good amount of weight loss pre-op. My goal is to be under 300 by Monday. 20 lbs would be awesome! I've found that cooking isn't that difficult. I've made shrimp, chicken, and fish tacos and stirfry (the healthy way) and the only real difference is I don't give myself a tortilla or rice. Meals have been very Paleo, which my husband doesn't mind. I even managed to go to a baseball game. Drank a shake on the way and 2 celery stalks. Had a grilled chix sandwich minus the bun and a 1/2 cup rosted peanuts when dinner time rolled around. I was still under my cal and carb count for the day! I noticed that I need to eat when I get sleepy during the day. It's like an engine is running on fumes feeling. Keep up the good work! We've got this!

If you're interested in seeing my page my user name is mkd117 on YouTube. There are just wrestling videos now, but soon I'll be posting a timeline Vlog of my sleeve surgery. From body slams to a slamming body!!

I just subscribed (and watched some wrestling!) :D

I just subscribed (and watched some wrestling!) :D

Lol! Thanks :-) I am waiting to post my Sleeve Intro video till after my surgery. It'll help me compile some stuff so I can make weekly posts, and I won't jinx myself. Thanks again for subscribing :-)

Hi I've also started my Protein diet this week end its been tough but feel great I also get sleeve on the 17th I'm just starting to get nervous. Good luck on your journey!!

Had VSG yesterday. Had a ton of gas pain. Felt like a heart attack! Found out Morphine makes me so sick and doesn't even touch my pain. Started vomiting blood..ugh Switched me to Dilaudid. Doing so much better now. Eating my ice chips SLOWLY. Been on 3 walks and doing well with my inspiration spirometer. Cough or sneeze or hiccup with a pillow squeezed to your stomach. I'm getting sleepy, but just wanted to check in. How are you all doing? Follow me on YouTube mkd117 or myfitness pal mkd117. peace and love!