Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buyer's remorse? 6 days post op

I was sleeved 5/28 and was discharged from the hospital yesterday. I ended up spending 2 extra nights because I was vomiting and having diaphragm spasms that made me regress back to an IV only source of liquids. So now I'm at home and this whole day I've managed to get about 8 oz of Water in and 30 g Protein. I'm so sooo afraid of vomiting again. When I drink it takes me an hour to drink an oz. My stomach is always rumbling and queasy. Is this hunger? Or is this a sign to slow down so I don't vomit? I'm so frustrated and scared. I can NOT go back to that awful hospital...

I am so sorry, it will get better. The rumbling is not because you're hungry, at least I'd guess it's not. Slow down, under eat your sleeve. Of course you're "eating" broth, not even full liquids yet, but early on, the first few weeks, I could NOT eat more than 1/8 cup of anything at a time. I started using the protein bullets or "shot" - only 3.5 oz, I got the ones from GNC. They don't taste good, but there is so little to drink and to me, not nearly as bad as the shakes!! I'd hold my nose and take a few sips in the morning, at noon and at night......rinse my mouth after sipping! I did this until 2.5 months out and then was getting all my protein from food.< /p>

I am so sorry your feeling this way. I felt the same way a couple of days ago but then I think of all of the things I will be able to do with my girls and that gets me through this. I have 3 beautiful baby girls and want to watch them grow and god willing meet my grandkids. Plus I dont don't want to be the chubby mommy of the group.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It has gotten a little better each day. My husband is a great source of support, as is this online community.

I second the Protein bullet and add it to a bottle of Gatorade. Sip sip! (Many will tell you it's not the best Protein, but it's better than none!) you can add some crystal light if the taste us still off for you.

Good luck it will get better.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It has gotten a little better each day. My husband is a great source of support' date=' as is this online community.[/quote']

How are you doing now?

Much better, thank you for asking. I'm able to get my prescribed Protein in, but still working on all 64 oz of Fluid. Feeling a little stronger every day though.

i could not stomach anything cold but warm liquids went down like a charm. I would try that. Don't lose heart though, no one feels good at 6 days out, especially if there were complications causing a prolonged hospitalization.

I just wanted to say that I had regrets many times up until about months after surgery - now 9 months after surgery I have really adjusted to my new life. I was very lucky to have an uneventful surgery and recovery - I wish you the best of luck - and hope that you realize that it may take many months to adjust. It is ok to regret, be sad, annoyed, etc.....if you are like me, by next year this time you will feel like this was the best decision ever! Sending good thoughts and weight loss fairy dust your way!