Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Dr. Appointment

Hi! I will go to my first dr. appointment on Wednesday morning. Woo Hoo!!!

I want to take a list of questions I should ask him, such as:

Will he suture the band in place, will he suture the port in place....

Does anyone have any suggestions on other questions I should ask?

Thanks for your help!

You might want to ask him where he will put the port. My understanding is that research has shown there are fewer port problems when the port is placed just under the sternum (breastbone).

This is a question that I asked... what happens if I develope a stomach virus or food poisoning and begin vomiting my toe nails up.

Sounds grose, but its a reality.

Originally posted by paula

This is a question that I asked... what happens if I develope a stomach virus or food poisoning and begin vomiting my toe nails up.

Sounds grose, but its a reality.

It's definitely not good to be repeatedly vomiting with your band. I do know of people who's bands were compromised due to excessive vomiting from a flu/etc. Best advice is that you have something like Phenergran on hand at all times (so you may want to ask for a script for it), use it - then call to have your fill taken out until your virus is over.

Hope this helps!

Leatha

I did exactly what Leatha reccomended...After I got banded I went straight to my PCP and asked him for the anti nausea suppositories sounds gross but hey they work, 1 month after I was banded my entire family came down with the stomach flu..Thnk GOd I had those on hand ..I never got it!

LOL! I work for the Health and Wellness Dept. of a school district, so I help to organize district wide flu shot clinics. I will be the first to tell you that flu shots are extremely important! However, it is important to remember that not every strain of flu or stomach virus will be prevented with a flu shot. Best prevention is get the shot, second best prevention is wash your hands, and avoid exposure as much as possible. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now!:cool:

Went the doc this am. My surgeon is a cutie!!!! LOL, Penni, Dr. Billy has a rival!:cool:

He has a great manner and made me feel very comfortable talking about my history of weight problems. (very unusual for me!!)

Anywho, he is filing all the paperwork with the insurance and the waiting begins. Wish me luck....

Blossom, are you a self-pay or insurance? If insurance, do you know if they pay on the band? Best of luck to you in everything!

OK Blossom get a pic and post of the your hottie. We will have a contest to see who is the cutest.

GOOD LUCK with the process.

Marie, I am hoping to go with insurance, but will self pay as a last resort. I did call the insurance co and inquire about the band. I was told that it is possible to have them pay for it, but I may have to be persistant. Well, I can turn into a pit bull when I have to, so persitance shouldn't be a problem. Patience, on the other hand, is another story!:D

Penni, I will see what I can do! Maybe I should just tell him we are having a hottie dr. contest and see if he will let me take a pic, LOL!:cool:

Thanks, ya'll!

Heck, just take one he will never know what it is for. I am taking a pic of Dr. Billy when I go in for my checkup on Aug 10th. I would have taken one at the hospital before my surgery last Friday but I never saw him till after the surgery.

Penni,

Why were you disbanded? Where there severe complications? Do you plan to get the band back? This really scares me now -- I am having second thoughts.