Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diacouraged ... Gained a pound

And I'm only three weeks out. I really don't get it. I'm eating what's on the diet plan and eat small portions. I wait the allotted time between meals and drinking. I don't know what to do ? Eat more , eat less , more Protein? Less protein? Ahhhhh - will I ever leave the 200's and am I failing already :-(?

I was the same way but at four weeks I was saying in one of my posts that I started on soft foods and was feeling guilty because I thought for sure I wouldn't loose but low and behold I stepped on the scale and lost like 5 lbs in one week. I guess our body's just need to take a break for a min then remembers what it's supposed to do. Don't get discouraged just stick with Protein first and some type of excercise and

staying within the calorie range and you will be good.

Relax. Your body is adjusting. It will do all kinds of strange things now.

I am 47 down and regularly gain a pound or two then lose it and a couple of their friends and then repeat.

Im up 4lbs right now... Been here for two weeks. It sucks but itll pass.

I have gained 1 lb on two different occasions so far...I am 11 weeks out...the following week each time - i had a big loss...and I did nothing differently each week with those gains...it's just our bodies...hang in there!

Good luck to you!

Very common, your body isn't done dropping weight. It fluctuates ....down, down, up, down, up, up, down up, down....see a pattern there? Ya, no pattern. Bodies burn fat and muscle and gain fat and muscle. This all effects the scale. What you want is lose fat, gain muscle. During the course of that the scale can go up a bit. Muscle is heavy. Your weight will eventually go down.

If lowering your scale numbers is your primary goal you can get an old time non-digital scale that lets you set it at less than zero. That way if the numbers are too high you can just turn them down.

If losing fat is your primary goal don't take gaining a pound as a failure. It could, in fact, be a victory in the log run.

I have done this from the beginning- like he just said down, up, down, down, up, down, up, up- I will lose 5 and gain back 3 and then drop 4 and then gain back 2. This is why we shouldn't weight all the time! I'm okay with this fluctuation and it's normal I guess even though it's frustrating!

I lost 10 lbs in the last 2 days, but I'm sure it's just my body getting used to the lack of IV hydration. I've just been out of the hospital since Saturday. Trying to weigh just once a week might help the up and down weight not drive me crazy. I just have to know that over the next 18 months or so I will lose weight.

In the hospital someone came by that hadn't lost all of her weight in 18 months. But she kept at it and after 4 years she was at goal. It was an inspiration to see that not losing all my weight in a year isn't a fail. Consistency and Persistance will win the day :-).

Hang in there!

at my appt with my dietitian last week, she advised me to not weigh myself any more than once a week...of course I have not "obeyed" that part...I have stayed on the eating plan...just yesterday on these boards I was reading that a lot of us hit a stall at the three week mark (that was today for me)...wouldn't you know it that this morning when I got on the scale I was a pound heavier than the day before...I remembered what I have read on here so I didn't let it upset me too much...now if this continues you will hear me whining and crying on here <_<

I was the same way but at four weeks I was saying in one of my posts that I started on soft foods and was feeling guilty because I thought for sure I wouldn't loose but low and behold I stepped on the scale and lost like 5 lbs in one week. I guess our body's just need to take a break for a min then remembers what it's supposed to do. Don't get discouraged just stick with Protein first and some type of excercise and

staying within the calorie range and you will be good.

My Dr said he didn't care if I gained weight right now, my body is healing and I need the Protein so not to worry. I told him I'd have a heart attack if I gain weight after this surgery! My surgery (sleeve) was 5/15 and so far no problems.

I'm only three months out and there have been a few occasions where I gained 1-2 lbs and then a week later lost 5-7lbs. A pound is something as small as you need to go to the bathroom. You might need to up your calories too, if you get less than 700 -900 in a day you won't lose either. So god luck and don't get discouraged!

Hang in there...the key is more Protein less carbs! Do high protein very tiny amount of carb for 10 to 12 days! Go off for 2 days eating what ever you like. You have to do this to throw u body off because it will Plato!!! Drink plenty Water for protien has to be wash out of kidneys. I do high protein diets all the time it's great for skin and for those who don't like to exercise as much. You loose inches before pounds which stays off longer. Good luck????

Ok, I'm going to be blunt. There are a gazillion reasons to gain weight. Too much Fiber, too much sodium, not enough Water, milk intolerance, hormones, you haven't taken a ..err..dump.

You're going to drive yourself into the ground if you constantly weigh yourself and go by numbers. It's not about the numbers. Be realistic. You didn't gain this overnight and you won't lose overnight. There are so many varying factors. Don't beat yourself up. Seriously, you'll go batty. I'm constantly surfing the same 2-3 lbs and then I lose 4, or I gain 2. It's all about the long-term.