Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here, how did you all pay for surgery? Finance?

I am needing to pay for part of my surgery and I found this website on grants on here that I'm gonna try, I don't know much about it but I thought it be worth a try.

http://www.wlsfa.org/looking-for-help/how-to-apply-for-a-grant/

Leslie, I use credit karma and its great. When looking at financing options, I considered getting a personal Loan from my bank. I actually used their "what if" tool and found out putting the extra $ I needed for surgery on an existing credit card affected my credit score less than taking out a new loan.

Hi Kindle - I know isn't it fab ? I hesitated to post that yesterday as I sounded like an infomercial ! But I use it all the time and for reasons that you said. It tells you the outcome of a particular decision and I love that. I definitely learned so much from it - also that I have a lot more control over my credit than I knew.

i used my ESOP and taking a lil out of each chck until 10/10/13...

My credit is no bueno either and I do not want to wait to save up money. I've waited long enough. I was turned down buy the finance companies so I asked my mom to co- sign. She agreed but the bank said no, she would have to finance without me and I could make payments to her. Mom said, ok we will work something out. I sent in my deposit. And two days later in the mail I received a card from my awesome beautiful mother who said... I love you and know how much this surgery means to you... Best wishes... Happy healthy journey... Inside of the card was a check with the rest of the surgery money. My mom is my best friend, I'm truely blessed and grateful to be paying cash.but if I had to collect aluminum cans, work 80 hours a week, walk people's dogs, whatever it takes I was going to find a way!