Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone lost 10+ lbs. after plastics and if so how did that affect your results?

Hi all,

I was sleeved in January 2011, and my weight has been fairly stable for the past 14 months (unfortunately I didn't hit my ultimate goal, and am not likely to with the level of exercise/diet I am able to realistically maintain). I had been putting off having plastic surgery with the idea of losing the last 10-15 lbs., and finally I have decided to just schedule my first surgery (breast lift/reduction) because the weight is really not coming off despite diet and exercise. I'm going to make a big push to lose as much weight as possible this month (amping up the exercise and cutting daily calories down to <1,000 per day) before my surgery but don't expect to lose more than 3-4 lbs, max.

I do wonder, though, what would happen to my results if I were able to lose that final 10 lbs. after having my breast lift surgery. Has this happened to anyone, and what did it do to your results? I obviously don't want to spend $6K on a procedure only to be unhappy with the results six months down the line. Realistically, I don't expect to lose 10 lbs. after surgery, but in case it happened I wondered how it would affect my ta-tas.

Any experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated! I am really excited to finally have my first procedure and looking forward to the "next phase" of life after WLS! :mellow:

Hi all' date='

I was sleeved in January 2011, and my weight has been fairly stable for the past 14 months (unfortunately I didn't hit my ultimate goal, and am not likely to with the level of exercise/diet I am able to realistically maintain). I had been putting off having plastic surgery with the idea of losing the last 10-15 lbs., and finally I have decided to just schedule my first surgery (breast lift/reduction) because the weight is really not coming off despite diet and exercise. I'm going to make a big push to lose as much weight as possible this month (amping up the exercise and cutting daily calories down to <1,000 per day) before my surgery but don't expect to lose more than 3-4 lbs, max.

I do wonder, though, what would happen to my results if I were able to lose that final 10 lbs. after having my breast lift surgery. Has this happened to anyone, and what did it do to your results? I obviously don't want to spend 6K on a procedure only to be unhappy with the results six months down the line. Realistically, I don't expect to lose 10 lbs. after surgery, but in case it happened I wondered how it would affect my ta-tas.

Any experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated! I am really excited to finally have my first procedure and looking forward to the "next phase" of life after WLS! :mellow:[/quote']

Yes I have lost at least 10lbs post op of my mommy makeover (boobs, butt, tummy, etc) but the reason I have lost is because I'm back on high/all Protein and eating very small amounts again like right after my sleeve. My Dr instructed back on higher Protein before and after for healing! And boy OH boy was he ever right!

I did lose 5-6 lbs of abdomen fat and loose skin- but I'm still swollen from tons of Lipo on my back that he did for my fat transfer to butt- so after a while I think it will be down to about 15lb loss- but as of right now I'm down 10-11 and I'm almost 4 weeks post op plastics.

(Had my plastics 9 days shy of my one year surgiversary)

For optimal results I'd say push yourself very hard to get off the extra weight first!

Yes I have lost at least 10lbs post op of my mommy makeover (boobs' date=' butt, tummy, etc) but the reason I have lost is because I'm back on high/all Protein and eating very small amounts again like right after my sleeve. My Dr instructed back on higher Protein before and after for healing! And boy OH boy was he ever right!

I did lose 5-6 lbs of abdomen fat and loose skin- but I'm still swollen from tons of Lipo on my back that he did for my fat transfer to butt- so after a while I think it will be down to about 15lb loss- but as of right now I'm down 10-11 and I'm almost 4 weeks post op plastics.

(Had my plastics 9 days shy of my one year surgiversary)

For optimal results I'd say push yourself very hard to get off the extra weight first![/quote']

Not to be too noisy but do you mind if I ask how much that much work costs? (Boobs butt tummy etc) ?? Gotta start my piggy bank ASAP! Lol thanks

Not to be too noisy but do you mind if I ask how much that much work costs? (Boobs butt tummy etc) ?? Gotta start my piggy bank ASAP! Lol thanks

You're not nosy at all- and no I don't mind at all. I looked for people to answer my questions about all this beforehand- and everyone was so tight lipped about everything! Guess I have loose lips- oh well-

Every surgery is different - it just depends on your body and what he feels like you really need.

Also I wanted all if the accommodations and garments paid for before I got there- so my price was higher- I paid 8600$

So what I had done would be closer to 76-8. Please don't quote me- that'd be unfair to my surgeon since everyone is different. I may have paid more for my implants- but I can't remember.

I had breast reconstruction- (mine were BAD from breast feeding, and pumping to donate for years) my glands were shot- so he reconstructed (did a FANtastic job with them) and implants, (cohesive gel, Gummy bear implants) full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, Lipo from my shoulders down to my bottom, (I don't wish the pain if LIPO on my worst enemy) and fat transfer with some if the LIPO fat to my butt lift. :-) any other questions just ask- I'm not shy- and I will tell you the truth.

I'm 4 weeks post op- and am in the process if the after photos- I just want to do them in the same setting where I did my befores- so the photos are not up yet :-)

Fantastic. Now I have a number to shoot for. It's going to take me quite a few years but hopefully once I get the weight off my back and knee problems will subside and I will be able to get back to full time work and save up faster. I know almost 100% that I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck. I lost 115lbs before when I was a teenager and had excess skin on my stomach... Add on 2 children 200 lbs and 10 years later, there's no saving it I don't think. :( lol

And possibly a boob job. Hopefully they don't get too flat/saggy. Don't really want implants I like the idea if them being smaller again because of the back problems...

And maybe a butt lift.. i got pretty good muscle back there ... but we will see.

So woohoo it's within reach, just going to be a bit of a wait to get there. Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it.

Fantastic. Now I have a number to shoot for. It's going to take me quite a few years but hopefully once I get the weight off my back and knee problems will subside and I will be able to get back to full time work and save up faster. I know almost 100% that I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck. I lost 115lbs before when I was a teenager and had excess skin on my stomach... Add on 2 children 200 lbs and 10 years later' date=' there's no saving it I don't think. :( lol

And possibly a boob job. Hopefully they don't get too flat/saggy. Don't really want implants I like the idea if them being smaller again because of the back problems...

And maybe a butt lift.. i got pretty good muscle back there ... but we will see.

So woohoo it's within reach, just going to be a bit of a wait to get there. Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it.[/quote']

You are so welcome <3

I wish I had enough not to do implants.... But the flat pancakes didn't have enough of anything, I went in with an open mind and let the artist do his magic- and boy did he ever- I'm well proportioned all over. Dr Neibles (niebles) is a miracle worker :-) I thought I was beyond repair.

:-) good luck in your journey

You are so welcome <3

I wish I had enough not to do implants.... But the flat pancakes didn't have enough of anything, I went in with an open mind and let the artist do his magic- and boy did he ever- I'm well proportioned all over. Dr Neibles (niebles) is a miracle worker :-) I thought I was beyond repair.

:-) good luck in your journey

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

You're very welcome

Most plastic surgeons want you to be stable 4 or more months before plastic. And what I have read from PS... is that losing another 15 pounds or so after PS... will not change your results much. But losing 30 or more... will change the results and you might have to have a revision.

My gastric sleeve surgeon set my goal at 185... which seemed pretty high. He said because of my excess skin and fat.. I probably wouldn't hit my BMI goal of 150. And that PS can help motivate you to keep it off and take alittle more off. He said I could consider PS after one year from my sleeve and be 185 or less. I will be one year post op in early September and have my PS scheduled to August 29. I am at 175 weight wise... 10 pounds below my surgeon goal!

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Dottie

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and an especial thanks to mylifeinpink for all the info! I am now only 10 days away from surgery (it's on July 1st), and doggone it I have not lost any weight. Grrr. I'm stuck in the high 140s. I think I'm just going to end up here forever. My body seriously does not want to let go of any more poundage. I think it would take a military boot camp or something to get any more lbs. off. :angry:

I had my pre-op consult on Monday. I had to get the "before" pics taken, which was embarrassing but at the same time exciting because I know soon my "girls" will look so very different and SO much better than they look now. My breasts are very pendulous and deflated looking, and painful (almost all the tissue is at the bottom of my breasts, with the top half of my breasts being really not much more than very loose skin, so when I take my bra off each night my breasts hurt like crazy). I really am excited to have my surgery done.

I'm currently wearing an overflowing 40DD bra size (I'm sure I'm a 40DDD really). I told the surgeon I want to maintain proportion to my hips (which are about 40") and he said he thinks after surgery I'll be at about a 38C, which is fine with me ... I think after I get a lower body lift and remove the loose skin and fat my hips would be 38" or so and my waist would be 29" or 30" or so -- very Marilyn Monroe-ish (those were my stats when I was a young thang before I got married and I would be thrilled to get that shape back!).

Based on Mylifeinpink's results, I am really determined to get the rest of my plastic surgery done in Mexico. I had my sleeve done in Mexico but freaked out a little about having plastic surgery there; but now I regret not doing the plastic surgery there too. I could have saved a bundle of $$! Well, I still have LOTS of work to get done after the breasts ... I need a neck lift/face lift to remove the turkey neck, a lower body lift to remove the fat and skin from my torso and thighs and butt, and an arm lift to remove the bat wings. And I am definitely not combining the arm lift with the lower body lift though!

I'll share my before and after pics once I'm a few months post-op so you can see the transformation.

Wish me luck! :lol:

Hi all' date='

Thanks for the feedback and an especial thanks to mylifeinpink for all the info! I am now only 10 days away from surgery (it's on July 1st), and doggone it I have not lost any weight. Grrr. I'm stuck in the high 140s. I think I'm just going to end up here forever. My body seriously does not want to let go of any more poundage. I think it would take a military boot camp or something to get any more lbs. off. :angry:

I had my pre-op consult on Monday. I had to get the "before" pics taken, which was embarrassing but at the same time exciting because I know soon my "girls" will look so very different and SO much better than they look now. My breasts are very pendulous and deflated looking, and painful (almost all the tissue is at the bottom of my breasts, with the top half of my breasts being really not much more than very loose skin, so when I take my bra off each night my breasts hurt like crazy). I really am excited to have my surgery done.

I'm currently wearing an overflowing 40DD bra size (I'm sure I'm a 40DDD really). I told the surgeon I want to maintain proportion to my hips (which are about 40") and he said he thinks after surgery I'll be at about a 38C, which is fine with me ... I think after I get a lower body lift and remove the loose skin and fat my hips would be 38" or so and my waist would be 29" or 30" or so -- very Marilyn Monroe-ish (those were my stats when I was a young thang before I got married and I would be thrilled to get that shape back!).

Based on Mylifeinpink's results, I am really determined to get the rest of my plastic surgery done in Mexico. I had my sleeve done in Mexico but freaked out a little about having plastic surgery there; but now I regret not doing the plastic surgery there too. I could have saved a bundle of ! Well, I still have LOTS of work to get done after the breasts ... I need a neck lift/face lift to remove the turkey neck, a lower body lift to remove the fat and skin from my torso and thighs and butt, and an arm lift to remove the bat wings. And I am definitely not combining the arm lift with the lower body lift though!

I'll share my before and after pics once I'm a few months post-op so you can see the transformation.

Wish me luck! :lol:[/quote']

Awe you're so welcome! I'm super excited for you! Can't wait to see before and afters of this bod!!!!

Yes a Marylyn Monroe figure is just exactly what I have. My husband tells me all the time. My MX coordinator, husband and Dr N all told me I was like Barbie .... I'm very curvy, not fat at all, short, and you may stay in the 140s like I do with my weight- you may just lose what your PS takes off and then that's it.

I'm learning to love me they way I am- and I'm gaining my life back!!!! One day at a time.

Any questions you have my info

Xoxox