Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not everyone here was put on a liquid diet. If I recall correctly, the "a lighter me" program in Mexico allows you to eat what you want up to the last minute.

Seriously? Lemon Water and chili diet? I adore chili, I could do that! The sweetness of the Protein drinks for two weeks straight gets old quick for a person that wasn't much of a sweets person in the first place. I was allowed chicken broth - the first one I had was like a fine steak to me! :lol:

Trust me, I was shocked when she asked me if I could drink lemon Water. I can eat lemons like oranges. I also, am a very huge fan of Chili. So my two week diet before surgery was like heaven to me. Plus, from what the surgeon said about my liver during surgery, it appears to have worked. Just tried reintroducing chili today as a matter of fact. Hoping hot sauce will be ok with me too. I have bottles of that stuff, that I do not want to just get rid of.

I found that finding a Protein Shake before surgery' date=' is sometimes a mute point. The one that I found I liked before surgery, I was not able to stomach after surgery, and ended up using a totally different one. Just a warning in advanced, not to buy to much of one before hand, because that change might happen.[/quote']

Oh GREAT! More stuff to look forward to, lol

Am I the only one that was not on a liquid diet before surgery? I had a fatty liver and was told if I did not get it small enough' date=' they would not do the surgery. My dietician put me on a diet of lemon Water and chili. Said the lemon Water is good for detoxing the liver and so are all the ingredients in chili. Like kidney Beans, peppers, tomatoes, and lean beef. Was told to stay away from any type of potato. So for two weeks I ate all the chili I wanted (I did limit myself) and drank nothing but lemon water. Was shown pictures of my liver they took during surgery and the surgeon told me it looked like I had a new liver. He said he was shocked that it was the same liver that was shown to him by ultrasound less then a week before. Everyone was on a liquid diet? Really?[/quote']

I will also be on a liquid diet when the time comes, and no mention of an ultrasound although I had an EGD(scope, endoscopy)

I'm about to start my 2 week liquid diet. My surgery date is 17 June. So I have a little over a week before I start. Any tips?

I myself am having june17 start my diet June 7

Where can we buy already made chilli? Also did u just add lemon to the Water or did you buy already mixed? Thanks

You can make chilli in huge quantities. It's easy.

All liquid diet? Yikes!!!! With mine u can have Protein Bars, one square (healthy) meal, fruit, and as many plain veggies as I want!!! If I has to do an all liquid diet, I'd probably just dope myself up with Benadryl and sleep the whole time!!!! Lol J/K.....but I'm freaking out about this diet too!!! I don't like being starved, I'm already sort of a sarcastic biatch...oh boy, I feel bad for the people around me!!!!

You are having to do a 2 week liquid diet? The diet they put me on before my surgery' date=' which accomplished its goal, was a liver detox diet. Two weeks on nothing but liquid before surgery, that just sounds cruel. I had a killer time on the liquid diet after surgery, I could not imagine how it was before then. Good luck...[/quote']

Did you get the same one I got?!?!

post-54210-13813666044321_thumb.jpg

Where can we buy already made chilli? Also did u just add lemon to the Water or did you buy already mixed? Thanks

Any store should have premade chili, but is best to make your own. That way you know you are getting lean beef. Plus no additives to keep it on the shelf. As far as the lemon, I just bought store brand version is real lemon juice and then added it to the Water. The diet I was on said you only needed to drink it first thing in the morning and then before bed. However, the more you drink, the better. Since I loved the taste, it was all I drank, all day. Was told the lemon water is what helped me the most.

Did you get the same one I got?!?!

No. Mine was very simple. Sounded to simple. Lemon Water and chili. Basically dark Beans like pinto or kidney, hot peppers, and Tomato. Which my NUT basically said, if you like chili, eat that.

I am having surgery on Thursday (May 30th) and have been on a liquid diet for 4 weeks in total! I am shocked and slightly jealous lol that this seems to not be "the norm". Then again a huge lesson I have learned on this site is there isn't really a "norm". Every program can be different and everyone's body can also react differently. Cheers to the journey:)

Wendy's makes chilli.

Started sippin today to prep for June 10th surgery date. I bought the ready to drink OhYeah! shakes. I found Syntrex nectar to be ok...I let mine fit for about 10 min before I drink it so I'm not surprised by slime in my mouth. Yuck!

Lemon Water and chili pre- op diet??? OMG now I have heard everything!! Up until now I thought the people that had to drink nothing but MILK for a three week diet was the weirdest! But yours takes the cake! Or should I say chili :P