Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Long Islanders :)

I'm from Suffolk county, getting my surgery done at St. Charles hospital in port Jeff with Dr. John Angstadt from MY bariatric Group. My paperwork is being submitted to insurance on 6/3 so I'm very excited and will hopefully be sleeved by July!!

I was sleeved by Dr Ahmad at Mather, it was the best decision I ever made!

Good Luck!.

I was sleeved by Dr Ahmad at Mather' date=' it was the best decision I ever made!

Good Luck!.[/quote']

Thank you!!! How have your results been? I'm so excited and nervous. I'm hoping this works!

I was sleeved by Dr. Gohil in Syosset in November. Also the best decision I ever made.

Hi I live in Nassau County getting sleeved at NYU by Dr Ren Fielding June 21st Started my 2 weeks of liquids today not happy:(

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi I live in Nassau County getting sleeved at NYU by Dr Ren Fielding June 21st Started my 2 weeks of liquids today not happy:(

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am a Nyer too!! Getting mine June 27! I am going to be sleeved at north shore.

JessicaAnn- how was your surgery? I'm hoping to have my surgery with Dr.angstadt also. Working on my last few items so that they can submit to my insurance company. Just wondering how yours went. Thanks

JessicaAnn- how was your surgery? I'm hoping to have my surgery with Dr.angstadt also. Working on my last few items so that they can submit to my insurance company. Just wondering how yours went. Thanks

My surgery is July 3rd! But he is absolutely amazing. He did my endoscopy too, so I got a sense of his bedside manor, and I couldn't be happier with him!

I did my endoscopy elsewhere because their anesthesiologist didn't accept my insurance. Just have my cardiology appointment left (next week) and then they can submit the paperwork. Glad to hear he had a good bedside manner. Looking forward to hearing about how your surgery goes. Ideally I'd like to have mine sometime in July if insurance approves quick enough. How far out was it before office was able to fit you into surgical schedule? And what kind of pre-op diet is he requiring? ( we didn't get to that part yet)

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

I did my endoscopy elsewhere because their anesthesiologist didn't accept my insurance. Just have my cardiology appointment left (next week) and then they can submit the paperwork. Glad to hear he had a good bedside manner. Looking forward to hearing about how your surgery goes. Ideally I'd like to have mine sometime in July if insurance approves quick enough. How far out was it before office was able to fit you into surgical schedule? And what kind of pre-op diet is he requiring? ( we didn't get to that part yet)

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

He does 2 week pre op liquid diet. They encourage you to buy their shakes but they taste bad and are expensive lol. Also he only does surgery on Wednesday. 1 week before surgery you go to st. Charles for pre op testing and a mandatory educational class. About 4 hours all together. Then after pre op testing, you have to have your results faxed to your PCP where you will go for final clearance

Edit: the liquid diet is 4 shakes per day, unlimited Clear Liquids, and one serving of either low carb yogurt or skim milk.

Thank you!!! How have your results been? I'm so excited and nervous. I'm hoping this works!

I was 8 months post-op yesterday and 30 lbs to go. You'll do fine, just follow what they tell you... I read posts on here all the time, people drinking soda, eating pizza and all kinds of crap and then say I only lost 20lbs in 6 months... it takes a little effort, but it is so worth it!

Good Luck!

He does 2 week pre op liquid diet. They encourage you to buy their shakes but they taste bad and are expensive lol. Also he only does surgery on Wednesday. 1 week before surgery you go to st. Charles for pre op testing and a mandatory educational class. About 4 hours all together. Then after pre op testing' date=' you have to have your results faxed to your PCP where you will go for final clearance

Edit: the liquid diet is 4 shakes per day, unlimited Clear liquids, and one serving of either low carb yogurt or skim milk.[/quote']

Did you find a shake that tastes better? Certainly not looking forward to 2 weeks of drinking shakes BEFORE surgery but j guess that's the price we have to pay. I'll be having mine done at Mercy hospital in Rockville Centre, he operates there on Tuesdays. I'm assuming they have the same kind of class held there. When the time comes I'm hoping I can schedule my PCP clearance for that same day so that I don't have to take so much time from work before the cruel surgery. Any other helpful hints for me? Thanks so much, it's great getting to speak to someone who has the same surgeon since they all seem to have different requirements!

Did you find a shake that tastes better? Certainly not looking forward to 2 weeks of drinking shakes BEFORE surgery but j guess that's the price we have to pay. I'll be having mine done at Mercy hospital in Rockville Centre' date=' he operates there on Tuesdays. I'm assuming they have the same kind of class held there. When the time comes I'm hoping I can schedule my PCP clearance for that same day so that I don't have to take so much time from work before the cruel surgery. Any other helpful hints for me? Thanks so much, it's great getting to speak to someone who has the same surgeon since they all seem to have different requirements![/quote']

Oh I totally forgot he's with other hospitals too lol. He wants us to use a "meal replacement" shake, not just Protein since it keeps you fuller longer. I like the Premier Protein from costco. Tastes yummy, not expensive, and even though it isn't Meal Replacement, it keeps me full. I start me pre op diet next week and I'm so nervous! Surprisingly, I'm not scared about the actual surgery, just about the recovery and how I feel when I wake up.

Oh I totally forgot he's with other hospitals too lol. He wants us to use a "meal replacement" shake' date=' not just Protein since it keeps you fuller longer. I like the Premier Protein from costco. Tastes yummy, not expensive, and even though it isn't Meal Replacement, it keeps me full. I start me pre op diet next week and I'm so nervous! Surprisingly, I'm not scared about the actual surgery, just about the recovery and how I feel when I wake up.[/quote']

I totally agree with you about not being nervous about surgery. For me it will be getting through those 2 weeks of pre-op diet and then recovery after. I've heard that afterward you feel similar to after having gallbladder removal. Not sure how true that is or not but I had mine out 2 years ago and felt fine. Was even back at work 4 days later. I'd love for it to go that smoothly, lol.

Have you told a lot of people? The only people that know are my husband, my parents and a few close friends. It's so hard to know how people will react when you tell them. Was everyone you told supportive?

I totally agree with you about not being nervous about surgery. For me it will be getting through those 2 weeks of pre-op diet and then recovery after. I've heard that afterward you feel similar to after having gallbladder removal. Not sure how true that is or not but I had mine out 2 years ago and felt fine. Was even back at work 4 days later. I'd love for it to go that smoothly' date=' lol.

Have you told a lot of people? The only people that know are my husband, my parents and a few close friends. It's so hard to know how people will react when you tell them. Was everyone you told supportive?[/quote']

My husband and immediate family and my inlaws since i may need their help with my kids while recovering. They both had the band and failed terribly. Everyone is very supportive. My husband is kinda downplaying it though, like he doesn't realize how life changing it is. He's always been fit with very little effort. He's in for a wake up call! Lol. We have a NY sleeve girls group if your interested in joining. The girls there are really nice and helpful!