Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone on here juice...if so tell me what fruitz/veggies u use and how many times a day? How can u get all Protein in? Any info and recipes!

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 212# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 158#(5/14)

Does anyone on here juice...if so tell me what fruitz/veggies u use and how many times a day? How can u get all Protein in? Any info and recipes!

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 212# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 158#(5/14)

I am pre-op but I have been juicing for about three weeks. I will do 2-3 a day. For instance I will have a juice for Breakfast 8am then at 10am I'll have a boiled egg or two.

Then at 12:30 I'll have another juice and at 2:30 I'll have some cheese or something. Then a lean dinner. If Im craving something sweet in the evening I'll make a fruitier juice!

Apple beet detox (my fave!)

1 Granny Smith apple

1 orange

1/2 lemon

Handful parsley

Green juice

2 carrots

1 cucumber

3 celery stalk

1 lemon

1 Granny Smith apple

Carrot ginger

1 apple

5 carrots

1" ginger

3 huge handfuls spinach

1/2 lemon

'Slimming drink'

2 oranges

1/2 lemon

1 beet

3 handfuls spinach

3 celery

1" ginger

Mean green

1 cucumber

1 bunch kale leaves

4 celery

1/2 lemon

1" ginger

2 Granny Smith apples

I am going to ask my surgeon if I can add Protein powder to the fresh juices and use that as a meal instead if a RTD. I think it would be better for you.

We will see!

Enjoy!!

Sheena :-)

I am pre-op but I have been juicing for about three weeks. I will do 2-3 a day. For instance I will have a juice for Breakfast 8am then at 10am I'll have a boiled egg or two.

Then at 12:30 I'll have another juice and at 2:30 I'll have some cheese or something. Then a lean dinner. If Im craving something sweet in the evening I'll make a fruitier juice!

Apple beet detox (my fave!)

1 Granny Smith apple

1 orange

1/2 lemon

Handful parsley

Green juice

2 carrots

1 cucumber

3 celery stalk

1 lemon

1 Granny Smith apple

Carrot ginger

1 apple

5 carrots

1" ginger

3 huge handfuls spinach

1/2 lemon

'Slimming drink'

2 oranges

1/2 lemon

1 beet

3 handfuls spinach

3 celery

1" ginger

Mean green

1 cucumber

1 bunch kale leaves

4 celery

1/2 lemon

1" ginger

2 Granny Smith apples

I am going to ask my surgeon if I can add Protein powder to the fresh juices and use that as a meal instead if a RTD. I think it would be better for you.

We will see!

Enjoy!!

Sheena :-)

Protein in your juice is a bad food combination you will have bad gas trust me I've done it before wont be doing that again

Protein in your juice is a bad food combination you will have bad gas trust me I've done it before wont be doing that again

That's good to know!

Thanks for the post. How far out were you when you started juicing?

I havent been sleeved yet :-( I'm working towards the end of August.

I started juicing because I don't always have time to sit and eat a huge salad, but I do have time to take a juice with me. And I get more variety of veggies in my diet by juicing.

What kind of juicer did you end up buying?

What kind of juicer did you end up buying?

I bought a mid range one. It's called the Big Boss. It works really well for my needs :-)

Great thread. I loooove juicing, and am planning on drinking as much as possible during my liquid phase!

I recently bought a Omega J8006 Commercial Masticating Juicer at Bed Bath and Beyond and I love it! :-)

I juice and was cleared by my surgeon to start doing so (as long as it was juiced and not blended) a week post-op. my personal favorite is spinach, celery, cucumber, orange and pineapple. I aim for a 70% veggie 30%fruit ratio. I use a Breville

Good to know, jensjoy28! I'll ask my surgeon as soon as I see him in the OR Monday! Any of you probiotic takers/drinkers? Any experience drinking Kombucha post-op? I like Buddha's Brew, they're local here in Austin, Tx. Kombucha tends to be ever-so-slightly carbonated, so I'm rather hesitant about trying it post-op. It's been so beneficial to me, though, I sure will miss it!

I juice and was cleared by my surgeon to start doing so (as long as it was juiced and not blended) a week post-op. my personal favorite is spinach' date=' celery, cucumber, orange and pineapple. I aim for a 70% veggie 30%fruit ratio. I use a Breville[/quote']

I bought a breville juicer and its awesome! How much of each ingredient do u use? Do u add Protein to ur juices? I'm just worried I won't get enough Protein in daily.

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 157#(5/25)

Hmmm...I'm not especially precise in quantities...depends on how many ounces of juice I am making...I figure out how many ounces if veggies I need and juice those until the container is at "right" level and then add the fruit in same manner. As for unflavored Protein, I, personally haven't bought any if that, but I say definitely add it!!