Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone been feeling depressed and weak? Im so tired and depressed all the time. Lost 19 pounds in almost four weeks after surgery and none in the last week.

Has anyone been feeling depressed and weak? Im so tired and depressed all the time. Lost 19 pounds in almost four weeks after surgery and none in the last week.

Ur tired because ur not eating as much as before so the body is lacking nutrients, 19 lbs is better than 0, depressed because this is a total life change and we were able to eat whatever and whenever but don't be, give it time, u'll lose then stop then even gain but don't stop! Ur going to be fine and fabulous! Good thoughts, only good thoughts and b4 u know it, ur shopping cuz ur pants too big or ur bra don't hold ur boobies, u start to notice ur neck bones, ppl will ask of u've lost weight but u won't feel or see it for a few months baby girl... I'm 1 year post and 120 lbs down, depressed, hungry,annoyed but mostly hungry, lol don't feel 100% but look sooooo much better and shopping is so much easier... Take ur time but don't let depression get the best of u, to be honest, it'll slow ur weight loss....u have no idea the life change u have just made but like everything else, it takes time, I'll pray for u as I do for all my sleeve buddies! I don't care who says this is easy, this has been the hardest thing I've done in my life and I'm 35, I be starving and hating on ppl who eat everything but I look great and my self esteem is so much higher! I promise the same for u, now smile, take a deep breath, drink some Water, walk around da block a few times and know, everything is gonna be alright! :-)

Thank u so much for kind words and advice.

Thank u i needed to hear that i got sleeved on 5/14/13 and yesterday cryed i oreder chinese food for my kids and wanted a little bite soooooo bad and new i couldnt and asked my self y did i do this and u just reminded me y lol thank u

Yes it's normal if u go back on some of my post in the beginning I was depressed but one you loose all that weight u start feeling better you don't care about food anymore it's gone be alright hang in there .. I'm 4 months down 82 pounds and you can do it as well

Wow congrats im only 10 days out i have 2 admite cant wait 4 my journey lol