Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 24 yrs old 5'5 308lbs which puts my bmi at 53.5..I know ita crazy..im top heavy so all my weight is on my stomach n upper back..I hate it!!..im waiting for my June date..hopefullly I find out tomorrow when I met the surgeon. .I want to know if anyone has my same stats..and what kind of weiight lost you are having and what your workout consist of?..thanks for the help

Well I'm 5'3" I'm really 5'2" but they didn't push down on my fluffy hair. Anyways im 260 so my BMI is 47 and its pretty much in my boobs and tummy but I'm not looking at surgery nov/dec

If I hadnt switched my insurance in april I would of had to do a 6 month pre op diet..but thank god I was able to switch n my new insurance has no requirment if I do it in a certain hospital in the bronx..

Im 24 yrs old 5'5 308lbs which puts my bmi at 53.5..I know ita crazy..im top heavy so all my weight is on my stomach n upper back..I hate it!!..im waiting for my June date..hopefullly I find out tomorrow when I met the surgeon. .I want to know if anyone has my same stats..and what kind of weiight lost you are having and what your workout consist of?..thanks for the help

Hi Christina,

Our stats are similar. I'm 26 and 5'6 with HW being 293. I had surgery 4/1 and my total weight loss has been 50 pounds. Unlike you, I'm more bottom heavy. I have a little bit of a belly but nothing some clothes couldn't hide. My problem areas are mainly my legs and my butt. I've been at a stall for the past week or so so I'm hoping once I break the stall more weight will fall off. My exercise regimen has been okay. Since I'm more bottom heavy, I have pain in my hips which makes walking for long periods of time really painful. I did walk a lot when I first got out of surgery. I was wheeled into recovery at 11am and by noon I was already walking around. I walked at least 10 minutes every hour (even at night - couldn't sleep). Now, I'm comfortable walking for maybe 30 minutes until the pain starts to creep back up. I follow up with a swim or resistance exercises with weights or abs. Let me know if you have anymore questions :)

Hi Christina' date='

Our stats are similar. I'm 26 and 5'6 with HW being 293. I had surgery 4/1 and my total weight loss has been 50 pounds. Unlike you, I'm more bottom heavy. I have a little bit of a belly but nothing some clothes couldn't hide. My problem areas are mainly my legs and my butt. I've been at a stall for the past week or so so I'm hoping once I break the stall more weight will fall off. My exercise regimen has been okay. Since I'm more bottom heavy, I have pain in my hips which makes walking for long periods of time really painful. I did walk a lot when I first got out of surgery. I was wheeled into recovery at 11am and by noon I was already walking around. I walked at least 10 minutes every hour (even at night - couldn't sleep). Now, I'm comfortable walking for maybe 30 minutes until the pain starts to creep back up. I follow up with a swim or resistance exercises with weights or abs. Let me know if you have anymore questions :)[/quote']

Thats amazing ..I cant wait to start losing..my bottom hasnt gained any weight..lol I know once im able to hit the gym im gonna have to go hard cause when I was pregnant my tummy stretched a lil n never went back but then again I never exercised after.

Thats amazing ..I cant wait to start losing..my bottom hasnt gained any weight..lol I know once im able to hit the gym im gonna have to go hard cause when I was pregnant my tummy stretched a lil n never went back but then again I never exercised after.

In that case, I hope June comes soon for you :) I'm looking forward to seeing you on the losers side!

What insurance do you have?

Metroplus under medicaid

In that case' date=' I hope June comes soon for you :) I'm looking forward to seeing you on the losers side![/quote']

Thank you so much..sometimes I just wanna yell it at the top of my.lungs but im.not telling anyone yet besides mom n husband

Im 5 1 you can see my stats Im not sure when my surgery will be but eating right and walking at least an hour a day and its already coming down,.cant wait to get my surgery date. I have just a stress test to do then my nut class then I will get schedule hoping before fall but we will see......good luck to you!