Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your "go-to" foods?

I was cleared for eating anything at 3 weeks post op as long as I had 65-75 grams of Protein a day and 64 ounces of Water. At first I tolerated foods really well and did great, mostly I have been eating Protein, veggies and @25 grams of carbs a day. I was never sick or felt sick and no heart burn.

However i have had a really hard time eating in recent days, I don't feel sick but things don't seem to go down well. I am told this is partly due to another health issue and my body is adjusting to the change, it seems strange that this is happening 3 weeks after the fact!

I would love to know what others consider to be their "go-to" foods , maybe I can find something I haven't tried yet that will go down easier for me.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

What about Greek yogurt? Meatballs are another good one. They are soft but also have flavor and Protein.< /p>

I have tight tummy days where I'm not hungry and don't eat much and other days where I am hungry and can eat more. That said on tight days I might add a Protein Shake just to help out my numbers. My favorite Protein for the last three months are teriyaki chicken meatballs (I get the expensive organic, nitrate free one b/c I eat so little, it should be good quality). I also just started adding green smoothies with protein and green powders mixed in as well as salads because I missed veggies so much. My other go tos include dry roasted soy Beans and mixed nuts for Snacks and Quest bars (I travel a lot and need portable foods). I also eat lots of Dannon light & fit greek yogurt and string cheese. This making me hungry! :-)

hummus is my go-to right now. I just eat it alone. I love it. I'm two weeks out today. I still drink 2 Protein Shakes a day too though b/c I can't get anywhere near enough Protein through food yet. I just can't eat enough of it.

Quiche is good to have on hand...

also Laughing Cow cheese....

String cheese, is a main staple. meat balls also are great to keep on hand. For the early weeks on solids, tuna salad was a major staple. egg salad is also good, but i've never been very fond of it. cottage cheese and yogurt are also very good.

I boil several eggs at a time. They are a great source of Protein and keep well in the fridge. I use them in tuna salad and whole with salt and pepper. I also keep Dannon light and fit yogurt in the fridge. I always have jell-o sugar free puddings on hand for times when I want a treat! LOL I keep a couple of packs of Gortons Tilapia in the fridge. The portions are just right for me. I heat them up in a skillet and when I remove it, I pour a can of french style green Beans in the pan to warm them up. The seasonings from the Tilapia are actually quite tasty! My teenage daughter loves that meal also! ohhh and I always have campbells Soup at hand in my pantry for those meals that I don't feel like preparing! They are good tasting and filling and super easy with only 70 calories per can.

My program recommended returning to the previous eating stage for a few days I had any stomach issues. I had to do that a couple of times early out. I do think it helped give it a rest to heal up if something I ate bothered it.

My go-to foods early out:

Soy Milk

Fat free plain greek yogurt

Low fat string cheese

Low fat ham or turkey lunch meat

Saltine crackers

Unsweetened applesauce

Anderson's Split Pea Soup

unjury chicken Protein

GNC Gold Standard whey in French vanilla

Sleepy Time Tea

Lynda

I'm amazed at how quickly everyone has been able to reintroduce food... I'm on liquid phases for 4 weeks! (2 week clear, 2 week full). Plus with the 2 weeks clear phase pre op.... I'm losing my mind!!! would just love a bite of something with texture... sigh..... Only 3 more weeks to go, then I'm gonna LOVES me somethin mushy! BUT... all complaints aside, I'm down 20 lbs since pre op and no complications!! Yay!! Thanks for the food suggestions! I can't WAIT!!!!

I like to eat red peppers, costco steak strips and babybel cheese when I have an urge to eat a small snack in between planned meals. Also sliced turkey meat from costco is good, 1-2 ounces only. I do not think they will be "easier" to eat except for the baby bel or the sliced turkey meat. Sometimes Protein Bars like pure Protein become a goto snack, but I try and limit myself to only eating those when planning to, not because I am hungry. They are not the best choice because of higher calories versus "full" feeling.

I keep baby bel cheese in the fridge, pistachios in my purse when I'm on the go. I also love Greek yogurt, cucumbers and fresh apples and pineapple. Sometimes I'll snack on a small salad. I'm 5 months out.

Greek yougart , cottage cheese with diced avocado and chick peas with a pinch of oregano on r/f triscuits, home cooked lentil Beans with diced turkey is high protein&fiber, lean ground beef or ground turkey chili. Any meats slow cooked like chuck steak or BBQ pork butt in a crock pot. And at least one Protein Drink two on workout days!

Thank you everyone....I have written down quite a long list! I appreeciate your help :)

Oh, and I keep sugar free Popsicles on hand.