Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been crying my eyes out all day. Gonna attempt to appeal but idk how to feel about anything right now.. Really let down, discouraged and feeling defeated in life. Prayers needed and words or encouragement .. Thanks..

Did they say why? Or did you cover all of your bases?

Yeah I did everything.. I knew in my heart I would get it then got denied today after months of dietician , doctor apts and wasted money .. Mom said insurance companies are getting more strict due to Obama care.. We're gonna try and fight it but who knows what will happen ..this was suppose to change my life , now idk of ill ever get the chance to be healthy

Don't despair! Appeal!!!!

What insurance do you have? I'm sure someone who had the same will chime in

Sorry to hear that. Start a new post with your insurance name and it should help you get more feedback.. :-) Good luck

Why were you denied?

Does your insurance cover Bariatric insurance? Or no?

They said I haven't been obese for more then two years which is BULL I've never in my life been under 240-278 for the past 6 years ad they said I never completed a 6 month diet dietician thing when the insurance coordinator for Aetna gave me a 3 month diet dietician thing with physicals and clearance from doctors and psychiatrists I did everything they told me to and they are saying I didn't I'm SO mad I'm at a loss for words

Obama care??? Omg. Look it's up to you to provide the supporting documentation showing you've been obese for greater than two years. You have to ensure you have all your ducks in a row. If they cover it...just ensure you've met the requirements. Tell your mom to get her head out of the mud.

These are both resolvable. They're just going to make you work for it but I'm sure you'll get it approved eventually. You just have to play their game and persevere. DON'T GIVE UP!!

They said I haven't been obese for more then two years which is BULL I've never in my life been under 240-278 for the past 6 years ad they said I never completed a 6 month diet dietician thing when the insurance coordinator for Aetna gave me a 3 month diet dietician thing with physicals and clearance from doctors and psychiatrists I did everything they told me to and they are saying I didn't I'm SO mad I'm at a loss for words

Ok if you've been fat that long your PCP must have records of your weight when you go in for care... So get those and send them..

Next get clarification as to if you are supposed to do 3 or 6 months of a supervised diet :)

Excuse me Naroby80 if you want to be rude and make comments like that then get off of my forum this is for support not arrogant responds. And I DID submit all my information LIKE I SAID if you read^ my insurance said they didn't have the supporting documents. So again, don't rub me the wrong way I am in no mood for your rude remarks at a time like this! And for everyone else we are going to appeal it tomorrow, we think the surgeons office missed a document and we will get to the bottom of it tomorrow thanks for all your support, It's appreciated all my VSG loves. Ill keep everyone in touch.

Oh my God, sweetie...I'm so sorry!!!! As you know, I have Aetna, too. Maybe the plans are different, but I had a 3 month supervised diet, not 6 month. Call them up & get the precise reasons for denial. Maybe it's just a paperwork thing...maybe they needed to records to be in a certain form or something. I know you must be so frustrated & disappointed, but this does not have to be the final answer! ((hugs to you))

Yes defiantly make sure your surgeon office sent ALL the papers in.. The first time I got denied was because my surgeon office didn't send in my co morbidity or my psych eval... So I had to appeal it then wait... That's all I did for over a year was wait... It's sucks but don't give up just appeal it... I assumed my surgeon office ha it under control but everyday it was something that they would forget or just not do... Hopefully you figure it out soon :)