Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your staples?

In additions to all the great items the group mentioned - I also have these ginger candy I got from Trader Joes (I'm sure you can find them in other health and whole food stores). They were a life saver when it came to nausea.

They are called Gin.Gins - come in a green box or green paper bag - 100% natural and taste good too.

post-45488-13813665869076_thumb.jpg

Oh I am all about the ginger chews, they are the only thing that has ever really worked against my motion sickness. As for food, I am all about the plain greek yogurt, Brown Cow is the best. Also sardines, tuna, whole chickens that I roast and disassemble, Protein Powder (it can be added to SO much, not just made into shakes), shrimp, and Quest bars.

Whole Foods is great to shop at.

-Spinach (I put a cup of fresh baby spinach blended into my smoothie each morning)

-Protein powder packet samples

- Rotisserie chicken

-Steamed veggies from the food bar (lately they've also featured veggie dishes like stewed okra, sauteed mixed veggies, and grilled eggplant)

-Lemon caper shrimp from the deli counter

-Adora calcium/vitamin D chocolates

-Hint brand watermelon Water

-Turkey meatballs, marinara

-Cauliflower (to make mashed cauliflower like mashed potatotes; I also found a recipe for "breadsticks" made from them)

-Smoked turkey slices and low fat cheese (to make roll ups which I grill)

-Greek yogurt (I mix Torani Syrup into this)

-Fat free ricotta (mix inTorani sugar free vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice and microwave)

-Portabella mushrooms to marinate and stuff (I like goat cheese and roasted red peppers in them)

These lists are great - I'm just about 2 months out and struggling for new ideas....

For me, here's what I keep around:

liquid egg whites/beaters to make mini frittatas with

Greek yogurts (love chobani's flavors)

Boar's Head super thin sliced chicken, turkey & cheese

Perdue chicken tenderloin packs (you get 3-4 in each pack, and 4 packs to the bag....works great for you to use different marinades or spices on em, then grill them up)

Mio & Crystal Light liquids (i get bored with the taste of plain water)

Chike espresso Protein (gotta have my caffeine)

costco frozen veggie mix (5 lb bag of broccoli carrots and cauliflower...yummy stuff and cheap!)

And of course lots and lots of seasonings.....

Sriracha, Ponzu sauce, low carb Teriyaki, Old Bay cajun spice, Hoisin sauce, etc

Cherry tomatoes

Tub of spring mix

Avacado

Peanut Butter

Raw almonds (I roast them myself)

Chobani Greek yogurt

oatmeal

Fiber one Protein Bars

eggs

Bag of shrimp (makes 2-3 meals for my family)

Salmon

Kale for kale chips or sauteed for a side dish

I usually have 2 seafood, 3 chicken, 1 red meat, and one bean Soup dinner a week. These are things I am never without! Seems like we all have similar lists lol.

Some of my favorites:

Sukhi chicken curry. I love flavorful foods as I'm more satisfied that way. costco sells a large serving which I eat off of all week. I don't even miss a starch. I think can get frozen version at Fresh market.

Trader joes turkey meatballs

Trader joes turkey meat sauce just the sauce

Salmon burgers from whole foods

Sriracha so I can add it to anything from chicken and tuna salad to Soups

Amy's Tomato bisque soup--I add a laughing cow cheese to increase the creaminess and add Protein

Amy's lentil Soup

Kashi go lean crisp cinnamon --add it to Greek yogurt with some jam for Breakfast

Jiff to go natural Peanut Butter cups. Individual servings.

Bumble bee tuna salad in Thai chili and lemon pepper. You can buy them with some crackers too for an easy meal on the go

Laughing cow cheese...all flavors

Baybell cheese low fat

Individual breakstone 2% cottage cheese

Ak mak sesame crackers are amazing!

Yasso Greek yogurt Popsicles in various fruit flavors...70 cals and 6g Protein and it satisfies my sweet tooth

Giardheli 72% dark chocolate

Pickles, pickled asparagus to add to tuna salad

Pure Protein Bars (chocolate Peanut Butter is my favorite) and pure protein chocolate shake at GNC for 35g protein

Colby Jack cheese Sticks

eggs

1% Milk

Fage 0

Cottage Cheese

Frozen Edamame

Grape/Cherry Tomatoes

Chia Seeds

Frozen Strawberries

sugar free Jello

Frozen Shrimp (and some cocktail sauce)

"Just Grilled chicken Strips" Trader Joe's

Chicken Sausage

Canned tuna

Some of my favorites:

Sukhi chicken curry. I love flavorful foods as I'm more satisfied that way. costco sells a large serving which I eat off of all week. I don't even miss a starch. I think can get frozen version at Fresh market.

Trader joes turkey meatballs

Trader joes turkey meat sauce just the sauce

Salmon burgers from whole foods

Sriracha so I can add it to anything from chicken and tuna salad to Soups

Amy's Tomato bisque soup--I add a laughing cow cheese to increase the creaminess and add Protein

Amy's lentil Soup

Kashi go lean crisp cinnamon --add it to Greek yogurt with some jam for Breakfast

Jiff to go natural Peanut Butter cups. Individual servings.

Bumble bee tuna salad in Thai chili and lemon pepper. You can buy them with some crackers too for an easy meal on the go

Laughing cow cheese...all flavors

Baybell cheese low fat

Individual breakstone 2% cottage cheese

Ak mak sesame crackers are amazing!

Yasso Greek yogurt Popsicles in various fruit flavors...70 cals and 6g Protein and it satisfies my sweet tooth

Giardheli 72% dark chocolate

Pickles, pickled asparagus to add to tuna salad

Pure protein bars (chocolate Peanut Butter is my favorite) and pure protein chocolate shake at GNC for 35g protein

Where do you find the greek yogurt popsicles and is the curry chicken from costco premade in the cold food section? I have never seen it, I'll have to look for it.

Where do you find the greek yogurt popsicles and is the curry chicken from costco premade in the cold food section? I have never seen it, I'll have to look for it.

Also, where do you get the sesame crackers?

Yes the curry chicken is in the cold foods section. I think the costcos vary though. I have seen it at fresh market though.

As for the sesame crackers they have them at my local publix and also at whole foods.

I forgot to mention I also get Gordon's frozen grilled shrimp an add it to premade sauces like a curry

The Greek yogurt pops are at my publix but I know fresh market has a ton of flavors

One last post...I am 5.5 mo out if that makes a difference

The Greek yogurt pops are at my publix but I know fresh market has a ton of flavors

Shoot we don't have publix or fresh market around here. I think there is a whole foods fairly close though. And I'm fairly certain my costco doesn't have the chicken curry since I'm there like once a week. Darn, oh well there is a trader joes about a half hour away.

Shoot we don't have publix or fresh market around here. I think there is a whole foods fairly close though. And I'm fairly certain my costco doesn't have the chicken curry since I'm there like once a week. Darn' date=' oh well there is a trader joes about a half hour away.[/quote']

Do you have a BJs Wholesale club? They sell the Yasso pops. I eat them too...yummy.

No :(