Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my PCP today to get a letter required from my insurance to say that she believes the sleeve will help me greatly in weightless. I had gone 6 weeks ago to get the letter but she wanted me to lose weight first so she could see I could do it. So it helped that I was doing my medically supervised weight loss (also required by my insurance) and come to find out I've lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks! Which for me I awesome. So today she has the nerve to tell me I should hold off surgery and continue eating healthy and lose weight that way. It made me soo mad. I have been seeing this doctor for the past 8 years. She knows my history of weight issues. (Not to mentions she is overweight also) I would think that a medical professional would applaud someone who is taking action and wanting to stop this craziness. So now she wants me to continue eating well so I can get used to it then go back and see her in 6 weeks. I can't wait 6 more weeks. I need the letter so my surgeon can send my stuff for approval. I don't know what to do. I have a appointment with my surgeon tomorrow, maybe I can get someone from the office to call and have her write it. Sorry to cent just had to get it out.

I think you should have your surgeon place a call to ur pcp ... Sorry your going thru this :(

Wow that kinda sounds like she did a bait and switch on you! So she wanted you to lose weight to see if you where serious? But now that you lost a few pounds to prove so she says "I think you can do it without surgery... So what if you had not lost it? Sounds like she might have been against it from the get go?

I would ask her where is the logic in that?

And by the way most of us can lose weight in the short term, duh! It's keeping it up and keeping it off that is the problem 0_o

I might look for a different doctor.

Yes, and it's losing a LOT of it that an issue, too. Unfortunately, doctors aren't always our best advocate. I agree about getting your surgeon to call your PCP. Even if he has to get your records from her, he should be able to write the letter based upon your history with the PCP. If the PCP won't help you in any way, see if there's someone "above" the PCP you can make your case with.

I went to my PCP today to get a letter required from my insurance to say that she believes the sleeve will help me greatly in weightless. I had gone 6 weeks ago to get the letter but she wanted me to lose weight first so she could see I could do it. So it helped that I was doing my medically supervised weight loss (also required by my insurance) and come to find out I've lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks! Which for me I awesome. So today she has the nerve to tell me I should hold off surgery and continue eating healthy and lose weight that way. It made me soo mad. I have been seeing this doctor for the past 8 years. She knows my history of weight issues. (Not to mentions she is overweight also) I would think that a medical professional would applaud someone who is taking action and wanting to stop this craziness. So now she wants me to continue eating well so I can get used to it then go back and see her in 6 weeks. I can't wait 6 more weeks. I need the letter so my surgeon can send my stuff for approval. I don't know what to do. I have a appointment with my surgeon tomorrow, maybe I can get someone from the office to call and have her write it. Sorry to cent just had to get it out.

My PCP did the exact same thing which in turn sent me into a depression. I gained close to 15lbs without trying. Just depression eating, thinking it was over because I have struggled to do it on my on for so long. With my weight gain my Insurance approved me because my bmi is in a danger state. I am not suggesting that you gain at all! I will keep you situation in my prayers.

My pcp did the same thing. I switched to a pcp In the area that was known for having sleeved patients. I transferred my records, went and had my letter by the second visit. Maybe you should ask your surgeon's office who is the most frequently used pcp by their patients. Then call that doc, inquire, and switch. Worked for me!

My pcp did the same thing. I switched to a pcp In the area that was known for having sleeved patients. I transferred my records, went and had my letter by the second visit. Maybe you should ask your surgeon's office who is the most frequently used pcp by their patients. Then call that doc, inquire, and switch. Worked for me!

Curvy that is an awesome idea.

Well...chickie...I didnt have a PCP, but I had Gynocologist that wrote my letter for me...you might want to go that direction.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to ask my surgeon tomorrow what he thinks I should do. My husband said the same thing about going to another doctor. But I was sooo mad this morning I almost went to McDonalds and got 5 hashbrowns but I didn't cause I knew that would send me over and once that's happens there is no going back .

I don't know what a pcp is, a general doctor maybe?

Anyway I would get a new one. It's your decision to make and you did what she asked, thinking that she was going to help you on your journey and now she wants you to not have the surgery at all??

Is it easy to get a new pcp? I know you've been seeing her for many years so you might not want to get a new one but it could help

I don't know what a pcp is, a general doctor maybe?

Anyway I would get a new one. It's your decision to make and you did what she asked, thinking that she was going to help you on your journey and now she wants you to not have the surgery at all??

Is it easy to get a new pcp? I know you've been seeing her for many years so you might not want to get a new one but it could help

PCP = Primary Care Physician

Thanks everyone. I'm going to ask my surgeon tomorrow what he thinks I should do. My husband said the same thing about going to another doctor. But I was sooo mad this morning I almost went to McDonalds and got 5 hashbrowns but I didn't cause I knew that would send me over and once that's happens there is no going back .

Send me a private message maybe I can help.. mydetoxnurse@aol.com

On a completely different subject where do I find this "ticker" everyone talks about??? I have an iPhone so I don't know if I have to get online to get your started.

Did you speak to your surgeon?