Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm am concerned about the loose skin issue. 3 of my friends who had GB done are very insecure about their bodies even though they lost significant weight they aren't happy with their progress because of the loose skin. They have not been approved from their insurance to have the excess skin removed. So my question is there any way to help minimize loose skin after bariatric surgery? Is there anything on the market to help such as Vitamins or skin care products?

I think it's just something you have to expect. Drink lots of Water, exercise, and eat healthy fats. Maybe even take fish oil supplements. How old are you and how much weight do you have to lose?

I am 32 yrs old, 5" 6 & 280lbs. My goal is to lose 130 lbs so I can be within my BMI

I'm am concerned about the loose skin issue. 3 of my friends who had GB done are very insecure about their bodies even though they lost significant weight they aren't happy with their progress because of the loose skin. They have not been approved from their insurance to have the excess skin removed. So my question is there any way to help minimize loose skin after bariatric surgery? Is there anything on the market to help such as Vitamins or skin care products?

Reign I have the same concern. I have been doing a bit of research and came across BeautifulBrwnBabyDol on Youtube and she had some awesome suggestions. Here is the link.

She actually lost over 100 lbs not from GB but her tips were helpful.

To a certain extent, if you will have loose skin, you will have loose skin. It will firm up some, but if your skin was damaged from your weight gain, it can't heal itself. It can shrink up some, but won't gain elasticity if it was lost. Light weight training can help, I've heard, so can keeping your skin moisturized, to help the collagen and elastin. The places where you have stretch marks- those are marks of the elasticity of your skin being damaged. I know I'll always have loose skin in those areas, unless I have cosmetic surgery. My calves will be fine, but my upper arms, thighs, belly and breasts will be loose and saggy.

I'm using Palmer's Coco butter Firming Cream....I read a lot of posts previously that said this cream/lotion helps "firming".

I just started using it--and it's had helped with external hydration to say the least :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm using Palmer's Coco butter Firming Cream....I read a lot of posts previously that said this cream/lotion helps "firming".

I just started using it--and it's had helped with external hydration to say the least :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

Since my Surgery is 4 months away I will start using some of these tips immediately! Prayerfully that makes a difference.