Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery need help with Protein

I was sleeved on the 11th and still can't do Protein. And I've tried... ALL of them! Lol Doc said I can stay on clears for a few more days' date=' that it's just extra swelling (since I was a revision) and that eventually I will be able to tolerate more. So back to clears I go!! Feel much better on them anyway. Gonna just try again in a few days! :) Good luck![/quote']

Hey Heather, I haven't been sleeved yet ( waiting for insurance approval) , but my surgeon recommends Isopure that is a clear Protein drink in a glass bottle for the first week. I've been trying different types just to prepare myself. Isopure has got 40 grams of Protein per bottle. They sell them online, GNC, I bought mine at the The Vitamin Shoppe. They ruun about $3.75 a bottle but tastes sooooo much better than the powder Protein drinks. I was told to freeze it into icecube trays and then add to Water. This way you get your protein and Water in. It kinda taste like Gatorade but kinda leaves a chalky after taste. (Only if you drink it straight from the glass bottle). My favorite is Grape Frost. Try it and see what you think. Good luck and let us know if you try it! ;)

Don't know.if this will help but maybe try the pure Protein New Whey i bought the watermelon kind and they have grape fruit punch n others at Walmart poured 2 tubes in a liter of smart Water and drink that 42 grams of protein per tube and u get ya water in....maybe that might help

Don't know.if this will help but maybe try the pure Protein new whey i bought the watermelon kind and they have grape fruit punch n others at Walmart poured 2 tubes in a liter of smart Water and drink that 42 grams of Protein per tube and u get ya Water in....maybe that might help

The Protein Shots you can get at most grocery and drug stores are not very good for our needs. Most of them are primarily collegen based, which is not processed well by our bodies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

I had my surgery on May 15th. Everything is going well except I know I need to be getting in Protein. The best way to do this is through the shakes my doctor has preapproved. Before surgery I didn't have any problems drinking them. Now I can take about two sips and they make me sick to my stomach. I know my stomach isn't full. I can keep down broth' date=' milk, sugar free Jello, and Water, but when it comes to these shakes I just can't do it. I am nervous that if I don't start getting my Protein I will have some problems. Any advice would be appreciated. There have to be other options then the ones my doc approves. (Bariatric Advantage, Chike, and New Direction).

Thanks for any advice.[/quote']

Muscle Milk light is more than tolerable, my kid's even like it. In 8oz, it gives 20 grams of protein, it's premade so there's no fuss. I also substitute and drink Isopure but only like the green apple and 32 oz of that has 40 grams of protein but it does contain Water so you get more Fluid in.

The Protein shots you can get at most grocery and drug stores are not very good for our needs. Most of them are primarily collegen based' date=' which is not processed well by our bodies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST[/quote']

Oh ok my doc actually has this on my sheet she recommends this but thank you i will def be asking her about it

Oh ok my doc actually has this on my sheet she recommends this but thank you i will def be asking her about it

There are a few out there which have a more bio available form of Protein, but I'm pretty sure that the kind you can get at Walmart wasn't one of them. My research and conversations with dieticians and nutritionists pointed to avoiding these, but if you get some additional info from your doctor it would be great to hear!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Oh ok....well this is about to suck big time if its not the right one ugh my next nut visit isn't till June 6th but i will see my surg sometime next week God willing and i will make sure i have a tube of the stuff with me....i didn't think wls would be so frustrating i hate Protein Shake and the ones i do like turn out to not be good for us....and all the lil tedious things that come a long with this journey at times can be frustrating as hell

Even though the Protein bullets may not be the most bio available form of Protein. It's better than no protein. I have drank them for years when needed with my lapband , and continue to drink them today.

I'm not getting as much Fluid as I should so i put one in 32 oz of Gatorade no sugar. If the taste is still a little off add a sleeve of crystal light type drink powder. I sip on that all day to boost my protein along with my liquids.

Good luck

Even though the Protein bullets may not be the most bio available form of Protein. It's better than no protein. I have drank them for years when needed with my lapband ' date=' and continue to drink them today.

I'm not getting as much Fluid as I should so i put one in 32 oz of Gatorade no sugar. If the taste is still a little off add a sleeve of crystal light type drink powder. I sip on that all day to boost my protein along with my liquids.< /p>

Good luck[/quote']

Thank you Im really gonna to talk to my doc about this i have a hard time even like Protein Drinks i found 2 that i likesthis first one had to many calories and way to.much sugar and now this one with half the cal and no sugar now i have to worry about collagen i know all this in the end will ve worth it but its truly frustrating lately the closer i get and my pms may have a lot to do with it too (tmi) but i just wanna pull.my hair out (but i guess wls surg will take care of that one for me so i better not) ok Im done venting