Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there - I just signed up for this forum and found lots of helpful suggestions. It helps to hear from people who know what you are going through. I am in the process of scheduling my lapband and hope to have it done in the next month or 2. Just need to lose about 4 more lbs.

I am sure I will be visiting often and looking for advise or just acknowledgement that I am not alone. I have support at home, but my husband doesn't really understand how I feel and why this is so important to me.

My current weight is 291 or was before I started this journey. I am down to about 280 right now. My goal is to be down below 160 when all is said and done.

bleb0803

New Hampshire

Welcome! Getting the band was the best decision of my life. This is a wonderful site with lots of wonderfully helpful people!

Welcome to the lapband forum. You will find this site to be really insightful. Good luck with your procedure. It was the best thing I ever did.

I have a quick question....did your Dr. give any reason to drop some lbs. before the surgery? My Dr. hasn't said anything about a special diet before surgery or to lose some weight. (except the few days before to prep) Just wondering.

I'm waiting to get my surgery date too, probably will be Feb or into March, I hope not too much longer than that.

Good luck to you! we can do this!

They said it was because it decreases the size of the liver so it is easier to manipulate during the surgery. The bigger the liver the harder it is to hold up to place the band and sometimes causes it to get bruised. It was only 5% of my current weight so not too bad. I had lost that much many times before

My insurance company will cover the Lap Band procedure in 2007. I am looking forward to the beginning of becoming me again. The me that is lost in more weight that I ever thought I would gain.

I go for an appointment on Dec. 18 to see what I need to do to start the process.

I'm nervous, excited, and .... scared.

However, I'm not willing to spend another Christmas being obese.

:welldone2:

I understand that...being obese most of my life, I am ready for a change. it took me 3 years to make this final decision, but I am so ready right now.

Welcome to LBT bleb0803

Congrats on begining your journey to lapbandland...I is a very exciting new start for your life! Wow and you are already on your way....Fantastic work with you weightloss so far...Best wishes on getting your surgery date.

Keep us posted.

:welldone2: BECKY

hi there - I just signed up for this forum and found lots of helpful suggestions. It helps to hear from people who know what you are going through. I am in the process of scheduling my lapband and hope to have it done in the next month or 2. Just need to lose about 4 more lbs.

I am sure I will be visiting often and looking for advise or just acknowledgement that I am not alone. I have support at home, but my husband doesn't really understand how I feel and why this is so important to me.

My current weight is 291 or was before I started this journey. I am down to about 280 right now. My goal is to be down below 160 when all is said and done.

bleb0803

New Hampshire

I have had all the pre op tests for my surgery and have been medically approved. The problem is that I have the Choice Plus plan with United Healthcare and that plan does not pay for the surgery. I do not qualify for any loans to get the surgery. Any suggestions on what I should do? My job just signed up with United Healthcare in October 2006 and I have the highest plan that they offer. Should I try to get an individual plan with better coverage? I don't know what to do. I was so excited about getting the surgery, I am 35 years old and I'm 5'5 and 300 pounds.

I have had all the pre op tests for my surgery and have been medically approved. The problem is that I have the Choice Plus plan with United Healthcare and that plan does not pay for the surgery. I do not qualify for any loans to get the surgery. Any suggestions on what I should do? My job just signed up with United Healthcare in October 2006 and I have the highest plan that they offer. Should I try to get an individual plan with better coverage? I don't know what to do. I was so excited about getting the surgery, I am 35 years old and I'm 5'5 and 300 pounds.

Hi,

I'm Desiree and I'm so excited to have found you all!!

I'm due to have my surgery somewhere around the middle of January...I'm still pre- screening. I have United Healthcare and my doctor is Dr. Carson Liu in Newport Beach CA

:clap2:

MOMONEY:

Check with your insurance plan as to changes for 2007. My plan BC/BS Anthem just added the procedure starting this January. Good Luck

Thanks, Impersons

I will call the insurance company and see what I can found out. Did you deal directly with the Insurance company or your job? Did you have to wait for the next enrollment on your job?

momoney:

My dr's office found out when they submitted for the lapband last month. My job doesn't know anything about this, and I plan to keep it that way!!!!! Every year insurance company's make changes to their plans and that is what happened to mine. Also lapbanding is considered a new procedure so it is taking a while for the insurance to catch up. Also check to see if there is a 'standard' or 'high' option for your plan; sometimes one will offer things that the other doesn't.

Take care

Hi Bleb :)

Good luck with your surgery. I just made my first appt. today with the Weight Management Group...I can't wait to get this thing started.

I noticed you have NH in your signature...howdy neighbor, I live about 10 min. from the NH border in Mass.

We also have to drop 5% of our weight before the surgery, I didn't know it was because of the liver, I just thought they wanted to jumpstart us with healthier eating habits and get us started on the weight loss.