Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

I walked for about 30 minutes. Still working on Protein. Tomorrow will be better.

Good job! Lets both try for better numbers tomorrow oh and my liquid intake sucks today :(

My liquid didnt go so well either. I promise to do better tomorrow! We got this Laura I know we can do this.

So fiddlerman' date=' with an intake of 2179 cal/day, what would be the Protein requirement ?[/quote']

Hi - sorry for the late reply, traveling all day. As OTR said above, you should consume about 1 g of Protein per lean muscle mass weight. This formula is easier to work with then the one I posted above.

For me, I am 183 lb (woo-hoo - dropped 5 lb this last week. Thanks to transformation program). Do not know what my fat percentage is at the moment, but assume it is still 17%. That places my lean mass body percentage at 83%. My lean mass body weight is 183 * .83 = 151 lbs, requiring me to eat 151 grams of protein daily. I am going to round this down to 150 g. If i eat 6 x a day that is about 25 grams of protein per meal, very doable. I can actually do a little more without too much trouble if consuming 30 g after a training session.

If you recalculate using the 1 G protein / lean body weight in lb, what do you get?

I am having a really hard time hitting my new IIFYM taget of 1545 cals. I can unfortunately hit the carb level no problem, but cals and Protein is difficult. Today for example I just cannot bring myself to eat, just no appetite and what I do eat just sits in my chest. So I've only had 460 calories today, it's after lunch, which means dinner will have to be like, 600 calories of pure protein and Fiber. :(

I was also more than usually tired yesterday and did NOT go to the gym ... feel like the aforementioned slug - The Triple S :/

I know I cannot imagine eating 171 grams of protein.. 0__o

I'm able to eat a good bit more than most sleevers and really need extra Protein and I still can't get close to that number. Even on days I lift and really need the extra Protein, I usually only get 120-130 and that's really trying all day on getting in extra protein. Not sure a sleever can get 171....

I'm able to eat a good bit more than most sleevers and really need extra Protein and I still can't get close to that number. Even on days I lift and really need the extra protein' date=' I usually only get 120-130 and that's really trying all day on getting in extra Protein. Not sure a sleever can get 171....[/quote']

I know I'm at a loss... I think I'm just going to try and get them up to 90 to 100 if I can..

I struggle to get on 60 g p.....I might be able to push 80 by adding another meal....

I know I'm at a loss... I think I'm just going to try and get them up to 90 to 100 if I can..

Hey Laura-

90 or 100 grams of Protein a day is a great place to be for moderate active lifestyle (say, 30 min exercise a day). You will find it easier and easier to eat more Protein as your exercise increases. You will just be hungry and your body will need more to support that BMR of yours. It is not necessary to try and rush progress. It will happen over time, one day at a time. One week at a time. One month at a time. Before you know it, you will be easily hitting 125 G protein to support your future ramped up exercise.

A person should be eating 6-7 x a day of 25-30 grams of protein per meal to sustain the numbers of an athlete (150+ g of protein a day). For you, your activity levels do not require so much protein. Instead, try 5-6 x a day at 15-20 grams of protein a meal. Use the Protein shakes to make it easier to hit the numbers for first and last meal. Start eating early in the morning when you wake. Finish eating when you goto bed. Eat at least every 3 hours and keep the meals small, but balanced. Last meal should be a long lasting protein that will engage your metabolism for 5-8 hours while you are sleeping. The gold standard casein protein works well for me and makes a huge difference over night. A fast acting whey protein is good for when you wake as your body does not want to wait around for the protein.

By following these guidelines, you will train your body to be burning fat and building (some) lean muscle 24 hours a day. You have to eat small protein based meals all day long to increase efficiency of the fat burning furnace in your body. It will get easier the more you do it, like breathing after a while. And your residual hunger you have now will vanish.

I know you all are experienced with the sleeve and I'm not ( not until June 18th anyway--sorry, i'm excited because I got my date!), but I've been experimenting with unflavored Proteins and adding them into my Soups, homemade sugar free Popsicles, Jello, drinks, etc...wondering if this would be an option for those of you struggling to get your Protien in...to add it into the existing food and drinks you're consuming to obtain those extra grams? I'm also aware that too much Protien hinders absorption, or rather that your body will only absorb about 30 grams at a time, but...it's just an idea. I guess I'm brainstorming for my future consumption as well. Not sure what's going to work.

If you have yet to try the unflavored Proteins, I like GNC's unflavored whey. I cant really taste any difference at all, just a slight thickening to the texture; and I just ordered Muscle Feasts unflavored Premium Protein Blend (this one interested me because it contains 1/3 Pure micellar casein, 1/3 hydrolized whey and 1/3 whey isolate). Reviews on different sites and forums rave about this product. If your interested ill let you know how this one goes (shipped today, so I'll have it soon).

Hey Leeann here's a tdee calculator that some people are using the Protein #s are a little crazy but....

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Ok I don't get this...which one do I use and which formula am I supposed to pick ? I want to try this out . Help a girl out please:)

Use the second one it will have a tdee in the beginning part. And just leave it on the pre picked formula..

Thanks

We are doing the Fatloss one right? Cautious,textbook or aggressive?

We are doing the Fatloss one right? Cautious' date='textbook or aggressive?[/quote']

Lol girl aggressive fat loss!! But so far nothing's happening .....