Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

I don't think any precors fold.. So I guess I need to look at another brand or not putting it in the living room.

Yoohooo.... Leeann?? How was the day?

Exercise 30 min on the bike

Water kinda sucky...

Did you spread the Peanut Butter on the turkey! Inquiring minds...

Did you spread the Peanut Butter on the turkey! Inquiring minds...

Smart ass!

NO!!!

I had the Peanut Butter before my bike ride!

And the piece of turkey.., well I had to go to the dentist and knew I wouldn't eat for a while so I stuffed it into my mouth this afternoon :P

Im here, why is everyone hounding you lol. Today was ah... so so. Got 50 Protein and 60oz Water. No excersize today, been one of those down days. Tomorrow is a new day, I will be better.

If we could return this thread to its original intention please, for a minute -

Today is exactly one month since returning to vigorous exercise and food monitoring, 2 weeks since turning to weight-training focus, and 10 days since going IIFYM/TDEE on diet. And, as far as the scale or clothes fit goes - nothing. I have not lost any weight, my clothes do not fit any better. I'm not quite up to the 1500 recommended, more like close to 1100, but I'll get there.

When I was obese, 2 years before I had surgery, I followed a faithful diet of 1400 calories a day, and an hour of vigorous (for my abilities at the time) exercise and in 6 months I lost only 20 pounds. One would think that a body trapped in 260 pounds would eagerly shed the excess weight, but mine didn't. Just thought I'd throw that info out there, since this eating at a higher calorie level is, once again, not doing anything for me...

Laura- what is confusing? Increasing calories to TDEE? The extreme caloric deficits we are on after surgery has a place and it helps almost everyone drop weight. However, it puts your body into extreme catabolic state also even if you are trying to eat the required Protein. The body will lose its ability to effectively burn calories if deprived of calories for too long.

EXACTLY, my nutritionist said that even at 800 calories a day, and getting the proper protein, by having the surgery, you have still put your body into a starvation state. It's physically impossible for us to eat much more than that, if eating extremely low carb, and so the body has no choice but to use it's reserves. Which is why the nutrition is so critical. I still can't eat much over 2 ounces at a time, so I make sure to drink at least 30 grams of protein a day, and just trying to get the nutritional requirements uses all the alloted calories.

BTW, I am really enjoying your posts. I am learning a tremendous amount from you.

If we could return this thread to its original intention please' date=' for a minute -

Today is exactly one month since returning to vigorous exercise and food monitoring, 2 weeks since turning to weight-training focus, and 10 days since going IIFYM/TDEE on diet. And, as far as the scale or clothes fit goes - nothing. I have not lost any weight, my clothes do not fit any better. I'm not quite up to the 1500 recommended, more like close to 1100, but I'll get there.

When I was obese, 2 years before I had surgery, I followed a faithful diet of 1400 calories a day, and an hour of vigorous (for my abilities at the time) exercise and in 6 months I lost only 20 pounds. One would think that a body trapped in 260 pounds would eagerly shed the excess weight, but mine didn't. Just thought I'd throw that info out there, since this eating at a higher calorie level is, once again, not doing anything for me...[/quote']

Hey GT. I'm sorry that ur in such a place. That must be frustrating as hell. Did u lose the 3-4 pounds that u gained, or are u still up? Secondly, I'm curious about the food that ur eating. I bounced from 128-131 off and on for about 4.5 months. Until recently I was eating crap food but still staying under 1200 or so cals- sometimes it'd be more. On Sunday I started the 12 week challenge and I chose to eliminate most processed food (including Protein bars). Even with this I'm still hitting 98 grams of protein and my carbs are a little under 200. Here's the kicker- I've been losing like crazy. I've dropped three pounds since then. It's crazy. I've been eating lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meat. So my point is I'm still eating the same cals, but the food is really different. I hope things work out for u.

If we could return this thread to its original intention please, for a minute -

When I was obese, 2 years before I had surgery, I followed a faithful diet of 1400 calories a day, and an hour of vigorous (for my abilities at the time) exercise and in 6 months I lost only 20 pounds. One would think that a body trapped in 260 pounds would eagerly shed the excess weight, but mine didn't. Just thought I'd throw that info out there, since this eating at a higher calorie level is, once again, not doing anything for me...

Have you had any metabolic or endocrine studies done? I found out 40 years ago, I have no thyroid, so without the supplement that I have been taking for my whole life, I wouldn't have lost the weight well either. It wasn't what got me or kept me fat, or kept me from losing. I have had it monitored every 6 months for 40 years. Even with that, I could pack the food in. But, when I was trying to lose my 6 months requirement of 26 lbs, it was agonizingly slow, even with exercise. It took this surgery, and once again another medication adjustment to make sure my metabolic rate stays normal.

Working on my Protein, calories, Water, and just got back from a short bike ride, I actually made it to the top of a hill (small) that I always have to walk my heavy bike up! I almost died of an heart attack but I made it :P

Oh and the weight?? Hasn't budged a pound in WEEKS...

Did walk 30 min today. Protein got it in Water not all yet. Im right there with you Laura haven't lost a lb in a few weeks.

Did walk 30 min today. Protein got it in Water not all yet. Im right there with you Laura haven't lost a lb in a few weeks.

WHY???? Why???? We do everything right!!!

Girl I'm going to crazy and eat a donut or something!!!

Talk me down :P

On a up note I found a treadmill I like today (used) and no fiddle not a precor!

My husband is going to luv me. He leaves for a few days and I buy a car and a treadmill.

Hehehe...

Laura I think our weight will miss us to much so it doesnt want to leave. I dont know what Im doing wrong. We just have to keep taking it one day at a time. That is great to hear about the treadmill, I want one too. I'll just have to sneak it in when hubby isn't watching lol. I am buying a punching bag, I want to punch out this stall I've been and change it up. I am never gonna give up and niether will you. No matter what it takes we will win this battle!!!

Oh yeah walk away from the donut, remember a moment on the lips is a lifetime on your hips!!!!!