Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

I didnt get all my Protein in today :-(.I got all my Water in though' date=' but not all my excersize :-.[/quote']

You and me both :(

I was thrown for a loop yesterday I got a call that a friend that I just saw two weeks ago has only days to live (he has pancreatic cancer and didn't know until a couple of days ago when he fell very sick and was taken to the hospital)

I went to say goodbye to a man that just two weeks ago was "healthy" and strong.

I am confused, sad and trying not drown myself in the comfort of food right now..

I was thrown for a loop yesterday I got a call that a friend that I just saw two weeks ago has only days to live (he has pancreatic cancer and didn't know until a couple of days ago when he fell very sick and was taken to the hospital)

I went to say goodbye to a man that just two weeks ago was "healthy" and strong.

I am confused' date=' sad and trying not drown myself in the comfort of food right now..

[/quote']

OMG Laura, I have been there for the last 6 weeks. But, food doesn't comfort you, it makes you feel sick and guilty. Life sucks. It challenges you and hurts you and tears out your soul. And it kind of makes you realize that whether we are fat or slim, we are the lucky ones because we have choices. Your friend has no more choices so for his sake, choose to be happy.

Exercise helps me when my heart is broken. Especially just a walk outside. I am thinking of you Laura-Ven and Aussie Lady.

Lynda

I am confused' date=' sad and trying not drown myself in the comfort of food right now..

[/quote']

My heart goes out to you. My prayers are with you. This year has been a hard one so far so much tragedy. Im here for you, if you need someone to listen. Food will not solve these feelings of despair I believe only the emotion of crying will.

Thanks guys.. I know this thread is about metabolism. Yesterday was just really unexpected.

I think not soothing with food is getting easier but the tendency to want to is still there sometimes.

You need a punching bag Laura! Its a great work out plus its great to take you emotions out on. Hubby got me mine yesterday. I love it. Dont worry about yesterday we all will have something going on in our lives whether good or bad that we need to vent and get positive support from. Thats what this is all about, how to deal with all these emotions without food. The one thing that never discriminated and always comfort us when the we were happy, sad,angry and ect... I love that you are human like the rest of us and have all these feelings. We learn from you everyday. Thank you for being a superior role model.

Oh punching bag good idea! My son has one I'm going to hit it a few times and see how I feel!

Role model? Ok now I think I've been called everything on this sight!

I'm not a role model... You know what I think? I think everyone of us is! We are all working everyday to better ourselves and also learning about others and trying to become better people!

I'm so glad that all of us are there for one another. It makes the challenging days a little easier :)

Exercise helps me when my heart is broken. Especially just a walk outside. I am thinking of you Laura-Ven and Aussie Lady.

Lynda

You are right. I feel better just getting a couple of productive things done today.

It's funny I didn't "overeat" yesterday, as a matter of fact my calories were low along with low Protein. But I still get the guilt that's comes wanting to overeat.

I mean I don't binge anymore but I still feel that inside me so even though I don't, I feel like I did.

I wish I could explain it. I need to think on it more.

Laura dont be so modest! You are my role model on here. You take everything in stride and have taught me some ways how to deal with issues and keep me positive. You kept me from leaving this site and I appreciate you for it. Please keep the title I am giving you,I am pretty sure alot of folks on here would agree.

Ok I'm having one of those weird "tight sleeve" days.. Not getting enough of anything in.

Calories in the 600's Protein 58 grams.

I might get a shake in later I don't know..

Oh and the weight ! Nada! Anyone up for a month stall!

Laura it is shocking to hear the bad news of a friend that was healthier 2 weeks before. My cousin had the same thing. Going to options class for the sleeve and then 4 rumors and 3 weeks later we had to pull the plug. :( it was hard to not be able to turn to food. I did keep myself busy.

Laura it is shocking to hear the bad news of a friend that was healthier 2 weeks before. My cousin had the same thing. Going to options class for the sleeve and then 4 rumors and 3 weeks later we had to pull the plug. :( it was hard to not be able to turn to food. I did keep myself busy.

It was just as much as a shock to him me and everyone...how can someone be doing ok and two weeks later find out they have stage 4 cancer and given two weeks to live!

I said my goodbyes yesterday and I'm happy for that because he isn't letting anyone see him like this because he wants to be remembered how he was just a couple of weeks ago..

But he gave in and let me come into his room so I could snuggle and kiss him and tell him that I learned so much from him in these years.

For that I am happy I got to kiss, touch and talk one more time with my friend his name is Ken and he will be missed by so many people.

It was just as much as a shock to him me and everyone...how can someone be doing ok and two weeks later find out they have stage 4 cancer and given two weeks to live!

I said my goodbyes yesterday and I'm happy for that because he isn't letting anyone see him like this because he wants to be remembered how he was just a couple of weeks ago..

But he gave in and let me come into his room so I could snuggle and kiss him and tell him that I learned so much from him in these years.

For that I am happy I got to kiss, touch and talk one more time with my friend his name is Ken and he will be missed by so many people.

Laura...sorry to hear about your friend. My mom came down with the same thing, and just like you say, it was extremely sudden. The day we found out she was positive for cancer, they were already suggesting hospice. My Mom was like "F*** that" because she felt fine. But that didn't last long at all. It was painful watching her go downhill so fast. Pancreatic cancer is nasty because by the time it starts showing symptoms in most people, it's so far advanced there's nothing that can be done.

I am glad you got to say your goodbyes the way you did.

Laura...sorry to hear about your friend. My mom came down with the same thing' date=' and just like you say, it was extremely sudden. The day we found out she was positive for cancer, they were already suggesting hospice. My Mom was like "F*** that" because she felt fine. But that didn't last long at all. It was painful watching her go downhill so fast. Pancreatic cancer is nasty because by the time it starts showing symptoms in most people, it's so far advanced there's nothing that can be done.

I am glad you got to say your goodbyes the way you did.[/quote']

Thank you for that butter, I guess that's been the part that was so confusing, is the speed of all this... I've had a hard time consolidating in my mind. I didn't know it was something that happens with this particular cancer..

I'm sorry that you lost your mom this way also.

Stats for today.... Got 120oz Water 100gr of Protein about 6hrs of yard work. Also I finally hit onederland 198.0 thabk you sweet jesus lol. Lost 4lbs overnight. Only thing I did different was up my fluids and the punching bag. Oh I also started drinking 12oz of gatorade. Finally broke my 7 week stall yes yes yes