Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

Alot of yard work. Are you getting more sleep yet? Im so proud of you getting on that treadmill and letting it know who's boss lol. As for the jeans, maybe it goes back to like in the begining where the weight stops but we lose inches? Have you done any measurements lately? Im trying to sleep more, I have been trying Melotonin(sp?), I still dont sleep through the whole night yet. Maybe it has to build up in my system to work better.

My sleep has been horrible the last couple of nights! I might try melatonin too.. You know I never really took measurements.

I'm hoping that the increase in exercise will pay off though :)

It definitely will!! :)

However, do realize the scale may go up initially because of more Water in the muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Do not be discouraged though!! It will pay off.

It definitely will!! :)

However' date=' o realize the scale may go up initially because of more Water in the muscle and muscle weighs more Han fat. Do not be discouraged though!! It will pay off.[/quote']

I'm not fiddle.. I paid good money for that damn treadmill and I'm going to keep at it if it kills me and it! :P

I was told I could count the Fluid in shakes, Soup.< /p>

Also in coffee or tea if it is Decaf.< /p>

Hello all. I wanted to drop my two cents in on this conversation of weight loss, healthy style. I have been trying to lose weight for a lot longer than I care to mention. My wife eats twigs and berries so to speak (she eats incredibly healthy). She turned me on to chinese medicinal herbs and super foods. I lost a LOT of weight and I have even more energy. I'ven been on the herbs and superfood powder for 4 months now. Life changing is all I can say. Has anybody had the same experience?

Hello all. I wanted to drop my two cents in on this conversation of weight loss' date=' healthy style. I have been trying to lose weight for a lot longer than I care to mention. My wife eats twigs and berries so to speak (she eats incredibly healthy). She turned me on to chinese medicinal herbs and super foods. I lost a LOT of weight and I have even more energy. I'ven been on the herbs and superfood powder for 4 months now. Life changing is all I can say. Has anybody had the same experience?[/quote']

If they work then why did you need weight loss surgery??

I was overweight for a long time, I had the surgery which went great at first but after about 3 month the weight loss started to slow down. I haven't been a very energetic person for a long time regardless, and that is my explanation for gaining the weight over my lifetime. The herbs and superfood powder were "force fed" to me by my wife, it was not something I openly accepted. After taking them for a few days I started losing weight much more rapidly and I even wonder if that was all I needed in the first place. I'm happy I did the surgery as the entire journey has led me to a healthier way of living, I'm more active as a result of the surgery and the herbs, it just worked for me. What I took wasn't designed for weight loss and I was taken back by how well my body responded to the herbs. This is all very new to me. Thank you.

I think the answer to that question is there are many alternatives that can enhance the post op experience on top of the restriction offered by WLS. Some people use WW after a while to help with accountability and a support system. Others use herbs or super foods to enhance energy or general well being during post op. Others even may use fat burners to help the process. There should not be any shame or even explanation required to defend such position. I say use as many tools as you want to help with success or faster results, whatever works for you. I have done quite a lot of experimentation with different techniques post op, including those mentioned by parent poster. Most work well, some do not. All in all I am happy with the type of health and fitness I have achieved. If it is not harming you or anyone else, then an approach of choice is fair game. The more open you are about opportunities, the better you will be at identifying your path to success. Make sense?

It was his first post and he just joined so I thought it was spam again...

Ah, I can see what you were thinking. Regardless, No worries! Just wanted to pipe up on my point of view about it, not anything personal at all! Not an attack, a judgement or a lecture, I promise, given some of the rant threads today.

I agree with Fiddleman on what works, works, do it. My wife is terrified of everything our family eats and I understand why. The foods I ate as a kid growing up are much different than what is offered today, or should I say shoved in ones face today. My wife, and yes, I will mention her name in just about every post as it was her idea for me to take a very active step (surgery) to lose the weight I lost. And I love her for that. She is my resident health nut. I could never take the diet pill fat burners you suggested. She has me scared of them. I told her she should start her own health blog. When you get older, it's tough to lose the weight, especially if you don't have the "will" to do it totally natural. It seems like I took the "easy" way of doing it, the surgery. And I want to be clear, I don't regret the surgery one bit. The surgery did not give me the energy I have now, the herbs did and the superfood powder did. I don't eat particularly health on my own. And from what my wife says, it's hard to get ALL the nutrients you need from the foods on display to us today. She says I couldn't eat enough spinach to equal the amount of nutrients in one tablespoon of superfood powder. She must be right because I never felt this good on spinach. The Chinese Herbs are the one I don't understand one bit. I also don't understand why more people aren't aware of these alternative methods. I'm a curious person, and this has struck my curiosity in a profound way. I just still don't understand why I feel so great after feeling so miserable after so many years. Where has this stuff been all my life.

But what exactly is this stuff? I don't understand.

What diet pill fat burners did I suggest?

Laura-ven,

I will have to check the cupboard tomorrow morning and write down the list of ingredients for the superfood, she gives me several of the herbs also, I will ask her a bit more about what does what and get more information for you. I want to be very clear that I am NOT qualified to give any medical advice, I know very little about them. This is just what works for me and that entailed my wife spending her lifetime searching for the healthiest possible lifestyle...which I think she is crazy for doing. But she still looks amazing and no plastic surgery, so who am I to criticize.