Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

I went back and tweaked per second formula and aggressive fat loss (lowers total daily calories a little) and now it tells me to eat 31.3 grams for each meal, 6 meals a day. That is a lot of Protein.

I need to start up my own farm to have readily available chicken, beef and pork! I know the zoning laws will let me have chickens...haha. Seriously, I am going to increase my Protein powder even more as I usually only get in about 25 g Protein when I drink shakes and between 17-25 g when not drinking shakes. Would the body actually know how to process 60 g of recovery shake if I took it after training? The Wheybolic 60 actually recommends people take 60 g after training, but I usually just do 25 g.

I cannot believe the tdee calculator recommends more protein (> 30g) than the body is capable of processing in a meal (30 g) . Maybe I should just woof metrx bars more often (30 G protein @ 400 calories) and call it a day. I typically do not eat these because i get icy stares from my wife, but i do enjoy the 2 i have tried so far in the last few months. Eating these bars are probably cheaper than trying to get in real meat all the time from costco. Gosh, that is expensive.

I still can't see how the formula works though I see a major difference between when I put little to no exercise and when I put 3x a week but how do they know how intense my 3 times is vs the average person or how long ?

I still can't see how the formula works though I see a major difference between when I put little to no exercise and when I put 3x a week but how do they know how intense my 3 times is vs the average person or how long ?

Consider intense level as that which raises your heart rate to 80% of max target heart rate for 20-30 minutes or longer. For example, It could be intense workout programs like Insanity, PX90, Jillian ripped, Bob Harpers Inside Out or any other high intensity organized program. It could be any HIIT workout that you do such as cross fit, running, biking, rowing, anything really as long as you alternate between 60 seconds of intense activity (out of breath) and 60 seconds of moderate exercise (catch breath). It could also be running a 5 k, 10 k or longer distance where you are challenged and your heart rate again is 80% of target heart rate. Intense exercise will drain you where recovery is required afterwards.

Performing an exercise where you are not challenged is what the average person does. For example, walking / jogging at a low intensity or uninspiring strength training where the motions are followed, but no challenge. There must be a high level of focused energy in order to be actively engaged in intense exercise.

You ever see those girls in the gym that are reading vogue while slowly biking for an hour while popping heir bubblicious? that would be classified as below average. :)

Just my two cents on intense versus average exercise and everyone is welcome to their own opinion on it.

Laura where are you? How did you do today? I got 90 gr Protein, 80oz of Water and 1000 calories. Im trying lol. Oh yeah I walked only 20 min today( didnt really want to mention that though lol.

Laura where are you? How did you do today? I got 90 gr protein' date=' 80oz of Water and 1000 calories. Im trying lol. Oh yeah I walked only 20 min today( didnt really want to mention that though lol.[/quote']

I suck! :( I had kinda a bad day. Got up at five to take my husband to the airport (he went on a 3 day hike in slot canyon) no exercise... I was baking bread all morning to bring to my sons school... I did walk it to his school though!

(About a block away) :P

Water good ok 70oz

Calorie; 565

Carb; 27

Fat; 18

Protein; 63

Oh and I had a bite of pizza tonight I need to add that in :(

Feeling kinda discouraged my weight has come to a stand still for way to long now

Ok I sound like a Debbie downer :P

Tomorrow I have no excuses to do everything right including exercise!

OMG I just saw your post in December sleevers!

That's it! I've become complacent!!

Follow through! My biggest obstacle, myself.

Yesterday I got in 1200 cals but still only hit 90g Protein, gah!! @Fiddle, I have some gold standard casein protein but it makes me break out in painful cystic pimples so it's a no go. I took 2 days off from the gym and feel like a worthless slug and I'm going on week 3 of weights-focus and I am SO puffy bloated! I suck down Water and my throat feels like dust, I crave protein now, I'm not hungry and its not head hunger, I just WANT protein.

OMG I just saw your post in December sleevers!

That's it! I've become complacent!!

Follow through! My biggest obstacle' date=' myself.

[/quote']

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself again. I have my family for support and motivation. It's like everything they say or do goes in one ear and out the other now. I am so stubborn, I feel like I'm a teenager rebeling against everyone and myself. I know what I need to do, but I just fight it always putting it off till tomorrow. Looking at the pictures tonight on my camera hit me like a brick wall. I can't believe I let myself get that way. And here I am now doing the same thing. I have just got to pull my big girl panties backup and start over again. I'm going to have those pictures developed tomorrow, have them blown up as a matter of fact and place them all over my house to remind me why I started this and why I need to finish it. I know we can and will finsh this it's just gonna take a little time. I have decided to open up my mind and heart and start hearing what my family has been telling and doing for me all along.

I've been watching this TDEE stuff with interest but I have only one concern. It seems like I remember that too much Protein is really hard on the kidneys. Any comment on that?

I've been watching this TDEE stuff with interest but I have only one concern. It seems like I remember that too much Protein is really hard on the kidneys. Any comment on that?

Yes it is. I got kidney stones and that is what the urologist told me. It was to much animal Protein so now I use other things with protein with them.

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself again. I have my family for support and motivation. It's like everything they say or do goes in one ear and out the other now. I am so stubborn' date=' I feel like I'm a teenager rebeling against everyone and myself. I know what I need to do, but I just fight it always putting it off till tomorrow. Looking at the pictures tonight on my camera hit me like a brick wall. I can't believe I let myself get that way. And here I am now doing the same thing. I have just got to pull my big girl panties backup and start over again. I'm going to have those pictures developed tomorrow, have them blown up as a matter of fact and place them all over my house to remind me why I started this and why I need to finish it. I know we can and will finsh this it's just gonna take a little time. I have decided to open up my mind and heart and start hearing what my family has been telling and doing for me all along.[/quote']

I wonder also, if I've settled here because I didn't really envision myself thin?

We need to have more faith in ourselves!

Talk tomorrow girly :)

Good point !!

Good night girls :)