Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to reset your metabolism with excersize and food?

The TDEE calculator said to consume 2062 calories with 1 gram of Protein per lb I weigh. Thats alot of protein. 202 grams wow.

The TDEE calculator said to consume 2062 calories with 1 gram of Protein per lb I weigh. Thats alot of Protein. 202 grams wow.

Gradually work your way up to the TDEE number. It may take you 2 or 3 months. Please do not try and rush the caloric increase or you may find your body storing the calories instead of burning them. A gradual increase will be more natural for your body and allow you to retrain the BMR.

For the average adult, it is usually .8 gram protein per kg of body weight and there are 2.2 kg in a pound. Take your body weight and divide it by 2.2 to get your body weight in kilograms. Then multiply that number by .8 to get the amount of protein you should eat daily. For example, I weigh currently 188 lb. That is 85.45 kg. Now multiply that number by .8 to get 68.36. This is the minimum amount of daily protein I should eat as an adult that weighs 188. However, I am not the average adult. We have had WLS.

As WLS post op, we should be consuming at least 80 G protein a day. Everyone should definitely meet these protein goals, no questions asked. That is what the doctor recommends as the minimum, even without being active. I think you get this now.

Athletes need much more. If you are physically active like an athlete, you should consume at least 1.8 to 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram. This is to. Support a healthy BMR for the high levels of fitness. i am sure a lot of VST members who are far enough out can see themselves as athletes and should try and eat this much protein to keep the BMR running efficiently.

For example, I workout intensely daily so should consider the athlete protein levels. Taking the 85.45 kg body weight and multiplying it by 2 gives 170.9 grams of protein daily, on the higher recommendation side. I eat around 170 G lean protein now by focusing on lean protein every 2-3 hours and also drinking Protein shakes when waking up and going to sleep.

Lean protein is good for regulating your hunger, so do the best you can to gradually increase the number depending on how active you are.

Andy I got 700 calories and 91 grams of Protein today!

36 carbs 18 fat

Great job! You are 5 months out right? Try and move your calories up to 900 by next month and by 1200 in 3 or 4 months from now. Your carbs and fats can slowly increase as well, but do focus on good carbs and good fats. Make your food selections count! After that, reevaluate and continue to push up the calories as well as fitness. It will all seem natural after a while and feel like a lifestyle. You can do it!! you have done some great changes already in the last few weeks. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm 6 months.. I can eat more calories in a day. Today just came out low because I was upset about weight loss but what did go right today was upping the protein! I usually say ok as long as I hit 60 but today I tried to go higher!

What do you think of 800 to 900 calories and 90+ Protein

Oh and Leeann come back!! I've highjacked your thread!!!

I don't think an online calculator can accurately tell you how many calories you need to lose weight. Through trial and error, 1000-1200 calories a day makes me lose. Now that I'm working out, I will have to play around with calories again to find my number. I'm going to really try to eat every 3 hrs. It's really hard to stop and eat during the day! I think it's a great idea though.

...start by eating every 2-3 hours and increasing good carbs and fats over a number of weeks. You do not want to ramp up your calories too fast because your body will not be prepared for it and greedily store them instead.

I agree with Fiddleman 100% on this. You have to feed your metabolism, and spacing out your meals and Snacks every two to three hours, consuming quality carbs, Proteins and fats, will kick it up into high gear. Starving your body, fasting for long periods of time, makes your metabolism slow down to conserve energy. The more you feed it, the faster it burns it all away. I know it is time consuming to plan your meals, but it is a necessary evil to achieve what we all want to achieve--a skinnier, healthier version of ourselves.

Im here. Lol. Im reading everything everyone has posted. Im trying to write out a plan for eating and what I should eat and drink. Im starting to go walking in the morning for at least an hour and then raise it next week to 30 minutes to hour more. I appreciate each and everyone of you. You all are my true VST family. Thank you

Im here. Lol. Im reading everything everyone has posted. Im trying to write out a plan for eating and what I should eat and drink. Im starting to go walking in the morning for at least an hour and then raise it next week to 30 minutes to hour more. I appreciate each and everyone of you. You all are my true VST family. Thank you

Hehehe... We got this girl! Oh I feel more motivated today! I even drank MORE. Than 64 oz of water! :P. girl I usually hit 64 and say "ok I'm done" :D

You and I exercise tomorrow!

We will check in here! Where EVERYONE can see!

Laura-Ven,

I see you are hungry all the time. Are you using a PPI? Are you getting a good amount of your Protein and calories at Breakfast?

I agree that 800 to 900 calories per day is a good goal. I shoot for around 60 grams of Protein per day, but everyone is different.

Lynda

I don't take a ppi just because I never felt I had an issue with acid.. :P I know that's what everyone says!

I have a premier shake everyday for Breakfast or sometimes Greek yogurt with 1 Splenda and frozen blueberries ( from you) :)

In this six months I've only ever gone to 900 to 1000 calories a couple of times...

I think I spend my days trying not to eat very much at all.. Today I went to too seven hindered

(A little lower than normal) but kept with mostly Protein and some raw veggies and feel a lot more satisfied..

Honestly the last couple of weeks I stopped tracking but then I spent all day trying not to eat..

I might have been over eating but I might of been

UNDER EATING!! Because I was shocked today when I added up my totals earlier and they were not quite 400...

Breakfast; shake 160

lunch can of tuna in Water shredded cabbages and carrot and a bit of bolt house dressing...

No Snacks...

If you are tracking and getting 800-900 calories and you are still hungry, talk to your program coordinator about the PPI. For a lot of people, stomach acid feels like hunger. But with only 400 calories, you probably are legitimately hungry!

Maybe add more calories at breakfast too. If you can't eat more at once, maybe the shake or yogurt early and then an hour later more Protein.

Lynda

If you are tracking and getting 800-900 calories and you are still hungry' date=' talk to your program coordinator about the PPI. For a lot of people, stomach acid feels like hunger. But with only 400 calories, you probably are legitimately hungry!

Maybe add more calories at breakfast too. If you can't eat more at once, maybe the shake or yogurt early and then an hour later more Protein.

Lynda[/quote']

Thanks! I know I have to get on top of it because I'm going nowhere fast the last couple of weeks!

I will try a ppi and see if that changes anything..

I will say I feel totally bi polar with this "diet"

I need to find a routine that works!

Hehehe... We got this girl! Oh I feel more motivated today! I even drank MORE. Than 64 oz of water! :P. girl I usually hit 64 and say "ok I'm done" :D

You and I exercise tomorrow!

We will check in here! Where EVERYONE can see!

Yes we got this. I figured first thing in the morning 24oz of Water along with 1 protien shake and start walking. And I will figure it out snack and lunch when I get back. We CAN and WILL do this! !!!