Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

swimsuits that cover loose skin?

Hi,

Has anyone lost a lot of weight after their sleeve, and found a swimsuit that covers upper arms and thighs? I love to swim and saw a lady at the pool recently with some kind of exercise wear in the pool, but didn't have a chance to ask her about it. Thanks!

swimsuit that covers upper arms and thighs?

jandseakin

never heard of such an animal!!! :angry:

those bathing suits that supposed cover up your upper thighs - don't really hide anything

and when they get wet - nothing is left to the imagination :angry:

bought a new one piece bathing suit after my WLS/goal

looks good - buttttttttt excess skin on my inner thighs, arms - i can't hide :(

i do Water aerobics

i'd rather have excess skin showing - and be thin

then no excess skin from WLS - but extra skin "hanging" around with me being fat

easier said than done - but sometimes we can't let others "possible" thoughts upset us

we/you/me/all know that we're great!!!! excess skin or not!!!! :)

take care

see you at the pool :)

kathy

Hi,

Has anyone lost a lot of weight after their sleeve, and found a swimsuit that covers upper arms and thighs? I love to swim and saw a lady at the pool recently with some kind of exercise wear in the pool, but didn't have a chance to ask her about it. Thanks!

Your post reminded me of an article I read online about the actress, Mayim Bialik (she played the lead role on "Blossom" in the 90's and is now Amy Farrah-Fowler on "Big Bang Theory"). Mayim wrote a blog about wanting to wear modest swimwear to honor her Jewish beliefs, and she included a website link to a page called Hydrochic. Their stuff looks awfully cute to me, and would probably cover most loose skin issues.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://hydrochic.com...-swimsuits.html

In Australia we have something called a "burkini", favoured by devout Muslim girls. Literally head to toe covering! Personally I recommend you just enjoy the beach!

Go online and check out Lands end. Get a tankini with swim shorts and a nice rash guard. Covers and protects from sun. And cute

I am still pre op but have a cruise scheduled for November. I was thinking board shorts or a cute pair of boys swim trunks to cover the thighs with a tankini top. Not going to even try to cover the bat wings.

What about a wetsuit...my friend wears one that covers her arms but they have them that covers your legs as well (whole legs like pants or half legs like shorts) she wears it because she is a skin cancer survivor but it shouldn't matter

If you are still in the plus sizes check out Junonia.com. They have some good coverage options but are pricey.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4

Your post reminded me of an article I read online about the actress' date=' Mayim Bialik (she played the lead role on "Blossom" in the 90's and is now Amy Farrah-Fowler on "Big Bang Theory"). Mayim wrote a blog about wanting to wear modest swimwear to honor her Jewish beliefs, and she included a website link to a page called Hydrochic. Their stuff looks awfully cute to me, and would probably cover most loose skin issues.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://hydrochic.com...-swimsuits.html

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! I am apostolic Pentecostal and like the Jewish ladies we do not uncover ourselves in public either.

We are taking our children to a resort in the Smokey Mountains this fall and they have a huge indoor Water park. I have been worrying about what I was going to wear (my children are autistic/ blind/can't swim so they can't be left alone). I will definitely be shopping this site!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I would check out "modest swimwear" on google there's LOTS out there.

I am always looking for modest swimwear for me and my daughters for religious reasons myself! Thanks for sharing this info!!

Thank you for posting the question. Thank you all for the great responses. I have stopped worrying about my upper arms, but would love to cover the upper thighs, without looking like I'm trying. On to my research....into the great links that were given!

Thank you all so much for your great ideas! I will check them out. Also I found some great swim shorts and shirts at coolibar.com that I think I might like for swimming and Water aerobics.