Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain again 3 weeks later...

So I was sleeved April 23rd and was not painful, but sore. If I tried to move certain ways I felt pain in my abdomen which was to be expected. About a week out that went away and I could move, roll over in bed, or bend over all without that uncomfortable feeling in my belly. Last night I carried in the groceries and afterwards I noticed the same type of pain I experienced right after surgery. I also had my first post op visit yesterday and was poked and prodded quite a bit which didn't seem to cause any discomfort at the time. I wonder if anyone has experienced something like this before and if so was it just a back step in healing or was this something more serious? The bariatric surgeons in my town refuse to see patients who had their surgery out of the country so I am limited to my GP who said yesterday that everything seemed great. I don't feel like this is worth an emergency room visit since everything else is fine. I am hoping this wont be another week of slow careful movements since I am back to work already and can't take more time off. Any thoughts?

I've had this happen to me about 3 or 4 times since I was sleeved (January 30th, 2013). It always happens doing the same thing. Everytime I lift one of those cases of Water (probably weighs about 50 pounds) and have to put it in the back of my car I experience this kind of pain. I have asked my dr. about it numerous times. He is convinced that is nothing to worry about. He basically told me that there really isn't anything that I can do to "ruin" my incisions or that side of my belly. I have been basically stretching my internal sutures. For me, it takes me about a week for me to be back to normal again. I don't think it is lifting 50 pounds that gets me because I lift more than that in the gym. I think it is the lifting and twisting motion that is doing it.

That makes me feel better, I guess. If there was anything else wrong then I would go to the er but it doesn't feel concerning, just painful. Is it the left side or the right side for you? It's like a tight feeling under my left ribcage that I can feel in my back sometimes depending on how I move and the pain is worse if I take deep breaths.

I get the same pain. I think it's our nerve endings growing back.

I really hope this makes you feel better but I had the same thing. I did great the first week and went back to work at the beginning of my second week. My suregery was 4/23/13. During my second week I started hurting so bad. It was really bad when I would first stand up. Not isolated to one part. On my left side and back. The option my doctor gave was for a CT scan to see if anything was wrong or to allow the swelling to go down. I think I really overdid it my first week or two. Just this week I started to feel a lot better and have been super cautious with every movement. Hope you feel better. My fear that something was wrong was making it even worse.

It does make me feel better. It must all be a part of healing, I mean it is a pretty big change internally! Every week is a new part of the healing process and overdoing it really does make a difference. No more carrying groceries for a while!