Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

don't think I should be able to eat...

I feel hungry often and it's not head hunger. I'm actually hungry now. Like I said before, I'm really not a pizza person but prior to surgery I would eat 2 slices of plain (cheese) pizza. I always under eat my sleeve because I'm sure I could over eat easily, that's why I feeli like I'm dieting :(

I hate to hear this. My question about the pizza was just trying to get an idea of how much you COULD eat, had you chosen to, prior to surgery. Wondering if you are feeling any restriction or feeling any different. For me, now....I can go eat Mexican food and eat one enchilada and a TB of refried Beans and about the same amount of rice. Prior to surgery, I could eat the entire entrée. Two enchiladas and all the beans and rice, not to mention, my husband and I would go through at least one and sometimes work on a 2nd basket of chips. Now I will 'pick' at a corn tortilla and salsa, rather than chips. To me it seems like a LOT of food until I look at what other people are eating and remember THAT use to be me!!! Talk to your doctor and dietitian.

Do you think that you may have stretched your sleeve by eating too much?

I completely agree with you Linda, at this point, I too feel like I am just dieting and not sleeved. I'm pretty disappointed but trying to keep my hopes up and stay positive. At least I'm losing...and thats the goal. But also like you said in the initial thread, I'm worried about long term...and how am I going to feel in 10 months. Will I feel restriction at all when I'm able to eat chicken and more solid Proteins? Like I said before, maybe I'm confused about what full feels like with the sleeve compared to what full is with the sleeve.

correction....maybe I'm confused about what full feels like with the band that I had versus what full feels like now with the sleeve.

Even though I do stop myself from over eating (like a diet) I could eat more but decide against it. I do get this feeling of...I think I had my limit for stomach size so I stop. Let me give you a for instance...I used to be able to eat 2 veggie burgers with cheese, pickles and onions on a bun and some potatoes salad cole slaw on the side. Now I eat ALMOST, 3/4 a whole veggie burger with the same stuff on it but on 1 slice of multi grain toast or a wrap ( better choice than a bun, hey I'm trying lol) I don't eat the salads with it anymore...well once in awhile I'll take a bite, but mostly not. Now, I wouldn't think other people sleeved the same time as I was could eat this same amount. It sounds like they are taking 2 bites and done. If I'm hungry or as a snack I'll eat a few almonds or a string cheese. It doesn't fill me, but I think my body may need it instead of me picking at other things. BTW, the question you asked me about the pizza...prior to sleeve I would eat 2 slices maybe another half if I was hungry, but now it's a slice and I stop...I could probably eat a few more bites if I wasn't being good

Linda I do agree, I would think that the sleeve is still so new it would be difficult or uncomfortable to eat that much. I'm baffled. Or maybe I'm just inexperienced. I'm hoping it will get better in time but I'm just not sure.

I can only speak from my 6 months post op experience. For me, the amount I can eat really depends on what it is. For example, I cannot eat more than 2 ounces of meat. However because I do not eat any bread, potatoes, Pasta, etc. I can easily eat the toppings of a slice of pepperoni pizza, probably more but I won't allow myself to have more than one. I can also eat the inside of two tacos no shells. There are also times when I feel more hunger but I just drink more Water. At different stages I have had different tolerances and so to be safe, I measure whenever I'm in doubt. I hope this helps.

I can only speak from my 6 months post op experience. For me, the amount I can eat really depends on what it is. For example, I cannot eat more than 2 ounces of meat. However because I do not eat any bread, potatoes, Pasta, etc. I can easily eat the toppings of a slice of pepperoni pizza, probably more but I won't allow myself to have more than one. I can also eat the inside of two tacos no shells. There are also times when I feel more hunger but I just drink more Water. At different stages I have had different tolerances and so to be safe, I measure whenever I'm in doubt. I hope this helps.

At your stage I could eat one slice of Canadian bacon and mushroom pizza.....but could not eat the crust, unless we were eating a sm pizza. Read up on pepperoni, calories and fat, DON'T eat it!!! :D

Have you tried antacids? I felt hungry in the beginning all the time then started taking Pepcid 2x day and don't feel like that anymore. For me it was stomach acid making me feel hungry. Also it depends on what I eat as to whether I feel full. I always eat Protein first so I very rarely am able to eat anything after ie potato, rice.