Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some help from others who hate veggies.

Hello all, I am doing my 4 week diet with the nutritionist-today is day one and I did okay. I truly hate veggies, don't particularly love fruits either. I am wondering what other people do to get the veggies in or what they have with their meals that are good? I have always been a picky eater-and I can try some new things, but not all at once. I am also wondering what sort of carbs everyone has. Thanks! :)

Personally I like to add frozen kale or spinach to my smoothies. If you have a good blender, you won't taste the greens at all. It's a great way to get some extra veggies.

Ummmm, never have like veggies, probably never will. I don't sweat it too much though, and I take my Multivitamin daily. I concentrate on getting all my Protein in and rarely have room for anything else. I do like most fruits, but only eat a bite or two. B)

Maybe a bit of a simplistic answer, but I've started buying the V8 splash. It's very tasty and gives you a serving of veggies/fruit with each cup. My kids even like it. Go figure. If I had bought it for them they would never touch it. But since it's mine they have decided that they would enjoy it as well.

Hello all, I am doing my 4 week diet with the nutritionist-today is day one and I did okay. I truly hate veggies, don't particularly love fruits either. I am wondering what other people do to get the veggies in or what they have with their meals that are good? I have always been a picky eater-and I can try some new things, but not all at once. I am also wondering what sort of carbs everyone has. Thanks! :)

I love veggies and fruits, but they don't play a big part in my diet now days. Typically for dinner I'll eat 2.5 - 3 oz of protein; red meat, chicken or my new favorite, grilled Cod or Haddock! Along with that I like to eat 1% cottage cheese, an eighth of a cup and then about that same amount of whatever veggie I've prepared. Some times we'll have two veggies. I was told to treat fruits as a 'treat' and I do. I'll usually eat something once or maybe twice a week. A small banana or apple, sometimes I go a few weeks and don't have any fruit, but that isn't abnormal, I did the same thing prior to surgery.