Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies: How many of you pre-surgery got the "Are you pregnant" question?

...When you weren't?

Because that just happened to me...for like...the 3rd or 4th time in my life and I'll tell ya....If I wasn't 100% sure about getting this surgery...I am now. I never want to feel like this again. I'm so embarrassed. I could crawl in a hole. Maybe I should have thanked the lady for giving me the final push I needed to go through with VSG. :unsure:

I have! One day I was wearing a new outfit and I thought I was totally rocking it with my cute red wedges. I was feeling fabulous when one guy (from the register I was paying at) said, "Awe...you're a cute pregnant lady! I bet you're having a boy?!" I smiled and said,"Close! But no, I'm having a girl." I continued my smile and said, "Thanks for the compliment," as I walked away with my stuff :(

I was never asked, but I was always worried that someone would ask.

So sorry, GOF. :( You could always do the "Dear Abby" comeback: "Why do you ask?"

I've never heard that one before. I'll have to store it away in case it happens again.

I have! One day I was wearing a new outfit and I thought I was totally rocking it with my cute red wedges. I was feeling fabulous when one guy (from the register I was paying at) said, "Awe...you're a cute pregnant lady! I bet you're having a boy?!" I smiled and said,"Close! But no, I'm having a girl." I continued my smile and said, "Thanks for the compliment," as I walked away with my stuff :(

OMG...Yeah...Right after I had my son (who was born two months early) I was asked "When are you due" I just gave her my actual due date and tried to get away as fast as possible. Also while I was pregnant (because I BLEW UP) some guy asked me if I was having twins.

Then...while I was shopping for my son's 1 year birthday party stuff I was asked If i was having a boy or a girl. I said I HAD a boy...A YEAR ago...and then I said..we aren't all Heidi Klum you know....with great genes and a personal trainer. Ugh...I'm so tired of this. Instead of being nervous about my first appointment on Thursday, I am looking forward to it.

I was never asked, but I was always worried that someone would ask.

It is quite possibly the most awkward thing that can ever be said to a female. Unless a woman's legs are in the stirrups and someone is shouting about seeing a head crowning....people should never assume someone is pregnant. LOL!

Yep, I've been asked. The last time a guy asked me when I was due, I just made up a due date on the spot because I couldn't handle the awkwardness of the truth. I am a woman who has never had children and desperately wants one...and quickly running out of time to have one so this question is doubly painful for me.

Yes, it was many many years ago after I had my second daughter. The couple in front of me handed me a birthing class business card and asked if I'd be interested. WTH.. I just said, thanks. My daughter is 30 and it still hits a raw nerve.

:( I wish there were more "No, this never happened to me" responses honestly because it IS such a painful thing on many levels.

And I couldn't be mad at her...not really. She didn't mean to embarrass me and I do look pregnant I guess...I've never totally gotten rid of my stomach after my son was born. This just makes me all the more eager to get started on my journey.

I was on an airplane and the lady beside me looked at me rather annoyed. 'Should you be flying this close to your due date?' I smiled and replied, 'It's a short flight, I'll try not to give birth on your lap, but I can't make any promises.' She did not talk to me the rest of the flight. ( I was about 8 weeks at the time but, being heavy, was wayyy too early to be showing.) Even being recently pregnant at the time, it still hurt.

I have never been asked by random people if I was pregnant but before any medical procedure I've ever had they always ask me. Even when I was 120lbs and getting my wisdom teeth out when I was in school.

So if its a medical person asking you don't feel bad, they ask everyone it's part of their job to make sure everything stays safe

I have never been asked by random people if I was pregnant but before any medical procedure I've ever had they always ask me. Even when I was 120lbs and getting my wisdom teeth out when I was in school.

So if its a medical person asking you don't feel bad, they ask everyone it's part of their job to make sure everything stays safe

No...this wasnt in a medical situation.

I am still pre-op but had to comment on this as well. Ive been asked twice recently! My winter jacket def made me look pregnant. A family member asked me and i just told them no and to piss off. Then I was at work and an older gentleman kept staring at me out of the corner of his eye and finally came up to me. He said "oh you're expecting, how nice" and he proceeded to touch my belly at this point. i just said somethng like i wasnt comfortable with that and walked away. how mortifying!

I have and I've seen it happen to others. Just goes to show it's best to NOT make assumptions. It's one of the reasons I wanted everyone to know I had WLS. I didn't want them assuming I was losing weight so fast because I was sick.

Lynda