Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out, but barely any weight loss in the last 2 weeks.... !?!?

Hi everyone! This is my first post or topic, though I've come to really rely on the advice and encouragement I find here. What a wonderful community.

My question- or rather my worry- is this: I've barely lost any weight in the last 2 weeks, even though I'm only 4 weeks post op. My first week I lost about 10 lbs., but I wasn't really able to eat or drink much after all the medications. Once they were out of my system, I felt so much better! Over the next 2 weeks, I lost about 6 lbs., but nothing in the last week. The scale just sits and stares at me. Other than that, I'm doing really well- exercising, drinking lots of Water, trying to get enough Protein. I will say that I did not stay on the liquid diet after the first 2 weeks and have moved onto to almost any soft(ish) food, usually high in Protein. I can eat chicken, turkey, yogurt, hummus, even vegetables.... almost anything with no problems. Small bites, chew-chew-chew and stop when you feel full. Even though I'm eating such small amounts, the WEIGHT-- it stays!!

Is this normal? Will it start to fall off? Are there other people who did well off the liquid/pureed diet or did it bite them in the butt??

Give your body time. Remember it is trying to hold on to everything you put int but eventually the scale will move. I bet that your measurement have changed too and you haven't checked that in awhile.

Try not to weigh yourself it will only make you go nuts. In another post I suggested that others put masking tape over the number part of the scale, and then write down their goal weight. So, every time they step on it they are forced to only see their goal weight and wait until they visit a DR. for their actual weight. They could also bend over and rip that tape off but then they know it would defeat the purpose of not stressing over it, and you would lose site of thinking about your goal not the current weight.

Good Luck to you. It will come off. Hang in there hun!

I only have to do liquids for two weeks and this week which is my second week I can do whole liquid like yogurt and stuff. So I don't think you starting softs after two weeks is bad, since that's what I will be doing as per my Dr. I no that when I weigh myself I get really depresses so I try to do it only once a week which is killer. I had my revision on May 6th and actually gained 8 pounds of Fluid I guess. I was so depressed because I am not eating and still gained weight. Today I finally went back to my post op weight minus 2 pounds. It will come off just stop stressing, with the band some weeks I lost a lot, some weeks I lost a little, and some weeks nothing.

Hi Nicki

Im 4 wks out today & have not lost anything in 11 days. Im so frustrated. I figure its my body way of slowing down & as long as I follow the plan the weight will start coming off again. Im still in the puree stage. No meats at all & 70 grams of Protein everyday. I was told only to walk but I might try my eliptical. Good luck. Keep me posted!

NickiTriesAgain...your story is the same as mine..let me know how you're doing in the next few days...I have n dr. Appt tomorrow can't wait it talk to my surgeon about this. From reading on here sounds like we are not the only ones..that's a Lil comforting in knowing

Hey Hun

I'm in my 5th week out I also stalled about the beganing of my 3rd week. But now I'm lossing again. Eat really soft food! Your body has to break it down. You can also try to change up what you are doing for example if ur eating carbs stop if ur not then add a few. You need to trick your body a lil. Have a day of liquid only, I know it's hard but it will be worth it. It is completely normal to stall where you are. Hang in there!!

When i had a stall i was told to increase my intake,so i set my timer to remind my self to eat every two hours,i eat even when i'm not hungry,because if i listen to my stomach i will never eat lol..and its working,i'm losing a pound every other day now and plenty of inches now,also i stop walking on my tread mill,and i'm dropping i know that's crazy,i will start back soon just watching my body to see what it is doing, and also you could be losing inches that will not show on the scale, the key to losing is to eat,eat,eat,because you only eat a few spoons anyway.

I too am at the same stage, but feel much better that I am not alone. I lost 10lbs the first week and 11 the second week. Week 3 and 4 I have lost nothing I just lose and regain the same 2 lbs every morning/night. I was told it is due to the drastic reduction in calories (going from the near 3,000 ish that got me to the size I was, to the now 800 ish im barely capable of) that is to blame. My body is currently holding on to or storing everything I intake believing I may be starving. Once my body realizes that this is the new steady intake it will quit storing everything and start burning stored fat for energy. I am not a nutritionist and am only repeating what I have been told, but makes sense :-) I have been warned by many to not become discouraged with the "3-4th" week plateau that it is completely normal and will pass. Also that there will be more to come so hang in there and stick with it :-)

Starting in the third week I stalled for a month. Sucked but stalls are normal. Now I'm back to losing again! YAY!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll stick with it and maybe look at the scale less often. :)

And diannepj1960, I WISH I was never hungry! I fill up quickly, but when my stomach empties its like someone threw a switch that starts blazing "I'm HUNGRY!!" Seriously is annoying. I'm hoping it goes away- I wanted to be one of the ones that forgets to eat....

I stalled for a couple of weeks too...back to losing again! 7 weeks out today. :)

I spoke to a few people about this and they SWORE by eating avocados with every meal for a week and it broke their stall. I guess it wouldn't hurt, right?

Oh, but avocados are so gross!! Everyone loves them, but I just can't stand em. Lol.

I stalled as will! Don't worry it will pick up again! Just keep doing what you are doing. You may change your exercises? That worked for me! Keep up the good work!

Well, any healthy fats will do. Are you able to eat fish?