Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were/are any of you OBSESSED preop?

Yes but I figure it helped me prep and learn so not a bad thing. I try not to talk about the weight loss as much as it is on my mind cuz I don't want to be a broken record it obnoxious

I am pretty much obsessed. It is all I have to get m through this since I have been on a wait list for 1.5 years and have another 1.5 years to get my initial consultation. Time waiting sucks....

I am pretty much obsessed. It is all I have to get m through this since I have been on a wait list for 1.5 years and have another 1.5 years to get my initial consultation. Time waiting sucks....

Why do you have to wait so long??

Yes,I'm the same why for about a year now. My surgery date is June 22,2013. I'm excited and scared,but more excited. I'm ready to start my journey. Good luck!!

Not so much. I was considering a band and made an appointment with a surgeon. She told me about the sleeve and by the end of the appointment I was pretty keen. I went home' date=' talked with my husband, did some research and spoke to friends in the medical profession. The next day I emailed the surgeon to say I would go ahead. She came back and let me know that she had a gap three weeks later and if I got to the NUT and got on the pre OP diet that space could be mine. So I grabbed it with both hands.

That first appointment was 7 May 2012, I started pre OP on 11 May 2012 and had my surgery at the end of May. I didn't have time to obsess!

I did obsess after though, I have read all I can get my hands on since the surgery and continue to follow current research into the effects of ghrelin reduction. I am almost a year out and I still weigh myself every day and record every bite I eat and every exercise I undertake into my fitness pal. I can talk about the surgery and my journey with anyone who cares to listen :-)[/quote']

So, would u do it again?

I am getting mine June 12. I am so excited and scared. I had my band taken out last month and now I wait to heal. My stomach is in better shape than it was last year when it slipped and I was sick. All I do now is obsess but that is who I am.

Def obsessed lol i try not to buy to much but i have bought diff vits and foods to start im on this forum every dag on day for hours talk to my mom about it all the time watch you tube videos smh i think i need aa meeting jk but i soo can't wait to get my date

So' date=' would u do it again?[/quote']

Oh yes. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Same here...I thought I was doing something wrong

Oh, yeah, I am totally, completely obsessed. I read WLS forums EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have bought and read numerous books. I have researched the **ll out of it. Have a date of August 5th and have already started trying samples of Protein Shakes to weed out any yucky ones. (I figure if they are sickly sweet and have a strong aftertaste NOW, they won't be better afterwards.) Have purchased several Tervis tumblers for Protein shakes, a magic bullet, presently looking for a food scale. Already scouting around resale shops to determine the good ones since I don't want to spend too much on clothes I will shrink out of. DH tells me I am obsessed and shakes his head, but I already knew it. :D

I was obsessed. Pretty much from July last year til I got sleeved last week' date=' it's all I could think about. It helps to be prepared![/quote']

So, how are you feeling now? I really hope your well.

Super obsessed... Half way through the processes. I get submitted to insurance on Monday... OCD going slightly wild.

I'm obsessed too. Can't stop watching you tube videos, googling different things pertaining to surgery, and in the process of ordering some cookbooks

For WLS patients.

Glad I'm not the only one!!! Maybe in our case OCD is "normal." lol

Hi Kellie...I'm May 20th also. And, any spare time i have, I'm reading & researching more about the sleeve.

I think I've been obsessed for a while now too. Reading online, buying books, doing numerous searches, trying out Protein, planning sample menus, mentally going through the changes this will mean to everyday life and all the occasions that include eating. My husband is my biggest fan and so encouraging and helpful. My children are patient and listen to me talk about it. I am blessed to be so supported by them. I haven't shared it much with other people yet. I want to know it's actually going to happen and I still feel a little like it's a dream because I want it so badly!

I'm sure it's common here that being overweight means you are dealing with issues this can cause with health, social life, emotions and self-esteem (to name a few). But when I saw VSG as a REAL option, my focus got clear, my heart got into it, my hopes keep growing, and it's like a deep-seated resolution unlike any I've had before when it comes to getting healthy and losing weight. I'm so READY!!!

I've got everything done, just waiting for the clinic to call and tell me when I'll be having the surgery.... it's so hard to be patient. But it's good to read other's experiences and feel supported and understood here!