Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so my doctor gave me from my surgery date june 4 to july 8 off for my surgery recovery. Thats alot of time. I also think he is gonna repair my hernia also. What am I gonna do with all of that time?! What dis you guys do!?!

It really depends on what you do. Desk work or non standing work should only need a week or so to recover. If you lift heavy stuff 4-6 weeks.

I am taking off from May 6 to May 20th, I had sleeve plus an abundance of scar tissue removed by laser it hurt like crazy!!! I'm 4days post op and and am still needing help with getting up/down etc

Ok thanks guys great imput. You all pretty much answered my question. I work in aviation security with people moving around alot so that explain the long time off.

Yeah I would believe think from the sounds of it you spend most of your day on your feet which would get very difficult for some time post op, especially if heaven forbid you had any difficulties getting your fluids or Proteins in. I am a paramedic/supervisor and started back to work 2 and a half weeks out but had to start out primarily doing administrative work because I didn't have enough energy to run calls on the truck, and that is even though I had no difficulties getting my liquids and proteins in. For the first month I was tired a lot as I believe most people are, so it is best to take your time and let your body heal before easing back into your normal daily routine, then before you know it you will find you'll have more energy then you ever had. Good Luck now and throughout your journey.

I took off 2 weeks for a desk job. I'm really not looking forward to going back and wishing I could afford to take more!! :)

I had band removal, hernia repair and the sleeve and had planned on a week off but ended up with two weeks off except for a small amount. Of work from home. I still tire easily after 7 weeks so I would suggest that you plan on lots of rest time after you return to work.

Yeah I would believe think from the sounds of it you spend most of your day on your feet which would get very difficult for some time post op' date=' especially if heaven forbid you had any difficulties getting your fluids or Proteins in. I am a paramedic/supervisor and started back to work 2 and a half weeks out but had to start out primarily doing administrative work because I didn't have enough energy to run calls on the truck, and that is even though I had no difficulties getting my liquids and Proteins in. For the first month I was tired a lot as I believe most people are, so it is best to take your time and let your body heal before easing back into your normal daily routine, then before you know it you will find you'll have more energy then you ever had. Good Luck now and throughout your journey.[/quote']

Thank you very much. Yes I am doing alot of moving around. So I probaly would need the time allotted.

I had band removal' date=' hernia repair and the sleeve and had planned on a week off but ended up with two weeks off except for a small amount. Of work from home. I still tire easily after 7 weeks so I would suggest that you plan on lots of rest time after you return to work.[/quote']

Wow 7 weeks ok I will. Were you taking your Vitamins as you should or was it difficult?

Ok so my doctor gave me from my surgery date june 4 to july 8 off for my surgery recovery. Thats alot of time. I also think he is gonna repair my hernia also. What am I gonna do with all of that time?! What dis you guys do!?!

I was off for 2 months... I am required to lift 50 # and am on my feet all day. It was nice to have that jump start at home. You will have the time to focus on your new life.. food routine and exercise routine. I spent many days walking around the block to build up some stamina. And even still after the two months I was really tired upon returning to work. Best wishes to you....

I was off for 2 months... I am required to lift 50 # and am on my feet all day. It was nice to have that jump start at home. You will have the time to focus on your new life.. food routine and exercise routine. I spent many days walking around the block to build up some stamina. And even still after the two months I was really tired upon returning to work. Best wishes to you....

Thank you!

I'm an ER nurse and took 10 days off total. I can't imagine being off any longer than that. I was ready to go back to work by day 5 but since I never take time off for myself I decided I would just enjoy some me days.

I fully intended on returning one week out. It took me 6 weeks to feel like I could handle going back. Before surgery you can't imagine why you can't go back ....oh just wait. It's not the pain it is about energy.

I fully intended on returning one week out. It took me 6 weeks to feel like I could handle going back. Before surgery you can't imagine why you can't go back ....oh just wait. It's not the pain it is about energy.

So does the Vitamins not help with the energy? Like B12?