Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going on my first date in a very longggg time need some support....

The thing is that a woman will often give a man with a weight problem a chance because she likes his sense of humor, or she has observerd his kind heart...in other words bottom line for us it's not all just about looks! You can get to our hearts if you try...but men..please... forget that! No offence but 99 per cent of the time it is all about looks with you guys! Even beautiful women have a hard time getting to your hearts. So do not act like you open up your heart without putting us thru the ringer first! If you take a look around you DO see some lovely women with short, FAT pretty unattractive men. But ya aint gonna catch a player with anybody that is FAT unless of course it is that PHAFT and she has got junk in the trunk! ha! Like I have said before I truly believe a man would rather you be a drug addict than obese. Drug addicts are nice and thin! I will catch hell for that but that is how phobic I beleive men are about women being over weight. Just my experiences and they have not been kind!

Hey, I wish you luck, and I say "Go for it!" I am less than halfway to goal, alone for years. I got an email in October from my first BF ever, after 36 years. I was thin then. I thought ahd thought about whether to meet him. I was sure my size would turn him right off. I wrote him and mentioned I had weight loss surgery; he made no response to the comment, but he still wanted to meet. So I did it. And he wasn't turned off - to the contrary, he loves that I'm different, that I have scars and wrinkles, he loves every darn thing about me. If you never take a risk, you'll never find anything you care about losing. If it doesn't work with this one, don't give up. And don't wait around. Live now.

apinksoprano - I didn't mean to corrupt your thread.

Like I said: You need to dress in clothes that you feel good in, put on your makeup and go on that date with all the confidence of a super model. Be Carmen Elektra. Be confident and cute and have a BLAST! Leave your inhibitions and self-doubt at home. Believe that you are going to have a good time and you will have a good time. Walk into that date believing that YOU have the power! Give yourself a positive mantra to repeat to yourself again and again. Believe that you are irresistable!

(how's that for support?) :)

Wow! you go girl! Congrats...you'll be fine just be yourself! if he is meant to be he is meant to be...I have just recently tried my own hand at internet dating...I have met someone nice and we are corresponding for now...but I don't know if I will ever have the guts to actually meet with him for a real face to face date...that takes courage...and you obviously have it...Well done. another step in your journey to the new you!

:) becky

AMEN!!!!!

Good luck on your date. I'll be waiting to hear how it went. I dated online for a couple years. Met some nice guys. Met some that were only one date wonders. But it all was a learning lesson. I posted full size pics on my profile because I didn't want someone responding to my add that didn't like heavy women. I also put on there that I was Large (the biggest size) and I still met my husband and we've been married 2 years this coming Monday.

I hope you have a GREAT time. I put on my profile "I'm a fun loving woman and even if we're not attracted I'm sure we'd remain friends" and I have remained friends with some of the men that there was no attraction with.

Ok, I may not have the most experience in the dating area (married for 7 years exclusive 10), but things now a days are so different. I totally agree with you when it comes to the bar seen. I use to hate that even when I was thin and young. I remember the boys being there with friends watching and checking out all the females. We use to refer to those places as meat Markets. That was what it was like. Shopping for a piece of meat. Today you guys can meet on line first, talk, exchange photos and then decide if you want to meet. Seems great. The one draw back to this is the fact that you must enter into this with caution. I have heard of many of these things working out. I think if you proceed with caution and remain a little skeptical, you may just have a great time. Good Luck. Keep us posted as to how it went.

Wendy

OKAY HERE IT IS.....I am letting all of you know how the date went...First, I wanted to cancel I got so nervous yesterday I almost threw up, hahah...It is just me and in my head cause i havent gone on a date in so long...Well, we met at a restaurant to originally have a drink but we ended up having dinner...One of the first things he said to me when we sat down was you look so much better in person than you in your pics....The night went great, we had fun....He was complimenting me all night long and totally into me...Even tried to kiss me at the end of the night and i just gave a little peck cause i am not like that, hahah...We have a second date planned and we will see...I am looking back like wow no reason to be nervous....So my advice to all you single gals with no cofidence to get back out there and date...Its not that bad....It was nice to have a guy pay attention to me....And NOT ALL GUYS LIKE SKINNY WOMEN...And this guy explained to me he has dated thin and heavy and it just has to click with the person and that was the nicest thing to hear to know that there are still guys out there like that....Woo hoo

Glad it went well. Just remain cautious until you get to know him. Now find some others to date as well. Might as well play the field. :welldone2:

OKAY HERE IT IS.....I am letting all of you know how the date went...First, I wanted to cancel I got so nervous yesterday I almost threw up, hahah...It is just me and in my head cause i havent gone on a date in so long...Well, we met at a restaurant to originally have a drink but we ended up having dinner...One of the first things he said to me when we sat down was you look so much better in person than you in your pics....The night went great, we had fun....He was complimenting me all night long and totally into me...Even tried to kiss me at the end of the night and i just gave a little peck cause i am not like that, hahah...We have a second date planned and we will see...I am looking back like wow no reason to be nervous....So my advice to all you single gals with no cofidence to get back out there and date...Its not that bad....It was nice to have a guy pay attention to me....And NOT ALL GUYS LIKE SKINNY WOMEN...And this guy explained to me he has dated thin and heavy and it just has to click with the person and that was the nicest thing to hear to know that there are still guys out there like that....Woo hoo

All I can say is... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I've been lurking on this thread. So nice to hear you went on your date and it was great! Good for you for stepping out there!!!

Shawn

Oh, how fun!! I am sooo glad it went well for you!! I agree with Barbara though... do be a tad cautious and don't be afraid to see what else is out there! If it's meant to be, it will happen, especially now that you got those initial jitters out of the way!! You go girl!!