Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else out there have slow weight loss? I lost 100 pounds on my own in two years then tried to get approved for surgery and was told my BMI wasn't high enough. I gained 50 back, lost 25, had surgery and now my weight loss is slow. I would love to hear others similar experiences. Thanks.

I swear I have lost faster in the past. 8-10 lbs a month with diet and exercise. Sleeved 3/6 and have only lost 23. 16 was in the 1st month so only 7 lbs the 2nd month. I really thought I would have lost like 40 by now. Surgery day weight 216 now 193. I am only 5"2 so my BMI was 38.1 not real high but not really low either. I am 49 so not real young but I have seen people older than me lose a lot faster. I must just have a slower metabolism, also I had a complete hysterectomy when I was only 28 so this may also be a factor in some way. I know it will come off eventually, but I want it now!!! LOL Hang in there it will happen for you too. :)

Same as Fariethin. Sleeved on March 8 and down 25 lbs.

I'm not complaining because w/out the surgery I would have lost no lbs. But it's slow.

I guess slow and steady wins the race? I hope so.

I am a slow loser. The first 30 pounds flew off, and since then it has been a few pounds a month. I eat what I want (within reason) but try and keep it healthy. I eat out a lot. I haven't lost any hair and am off most of my meds and am feeling great, so I am OK with it.

I'm a slow loser but I am okay with that. Have only lost 27lbs but the inches are working for me. I don't look like I am past my due date any more.

When I did weight watchers I lost the same weight in the same time frame (3 months).

I don't mind being a slow loser as long as it stays off. !!!!!! My doc told me I would be slow I has a band to sleeve revision at my highest I was 299 sleeve surgery day I was 227 so I lost a good amount of weight with the band and I'm 5'8 so at 227 my doc said I was a lil small for weight loss surgery lol that was extremely weird and rare to hear its hard looking at everyone's success happen quickly but in the long run if it stays off ill be happy :)

What we all have in common is a lower starting weight at surgery. I was 220 when I had mine. I knew right after surgery that I would have to incorporate the same level of exercise I did when I was losing on my own. The difference being, there is no more "falling off the wagon" which I am ecstatic about. No more losing 30, gaining 20, etc. It may take longer to lose, but to always be moving in the right direction was definitely worth it. Best of luck everyone. I am focusing on more exercise and more Water. Take care.

What we all have in common is a lower starting weight at surgery. I was 220 when I had mine. I knew right after surgery that I would have to incorporate the same level of exercise I did when I was losing on my own. The difference being' date=' there is no more "falling off the wagon" which I am ecstatic about. No more losing 30, gaining 20, etc. It may take longer to lose, but to always be moving in the right direction was definitely worth it. Best of luck everyone. I am focusing on more exercise and more Water. Take care.[/quote']

My starting weight was 326

I am definitely losing more inches than pounds. I'll take it! My butt is getting smaller!! :D