Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Greetings, all!

I'm still in pre-approval land (done the seminar, sleep study, first surgical consult next week), and before I go to the consult I'd be interested in your experience with pre-op dieting...

My surgeon, at the seminar, mentioned that his team requires everyone to lose 10% body weight prior to surgery. If I did that, I'd be under the 35 minimum BMI for ins approval (I'm 5'8", 241 lbs...230 is about as low as I can go and still be over 35 BMI).

Anyone have experience with a dr that had this kind of threshold for his patients? Were you, as a low BMI-er, also required to lose prior to surgery, or were you exempt?

I'd like to start exercising and getting ready for op day now, but I'm very concerned about losing too much (losing has never been my prob - it's the keeping it off part that messes with me!).

Thanks for your input!

Congratulations Audree! Is SlimQuick30 an appetite suppressant?

Congratulations Audree! Is SlimQuick30 an appetite suppressant?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fbfbfb" vAlign=top><TABLE height=166 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=409 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 166px"><TABLE height=166 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=409 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=header_title style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 47px" vAlign=bottom>It is so much more than an appetite suppresant. It detox's, give energy, raises your metabolism, has a lot of healing properties and is a healthy thing, not just for weight loss.

Here are the ingredients.

What's Inside QuickSlim-30 ?

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 23px; HEIGHT: 166px" rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=header_text style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=center align=left>As the most nutritious diet pill on the planet, QuickSlim-30 contains 12 healthful herbs that together balance your body, provide you energy, and help you reach your desired weight quickly.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- InstanceEndEditable --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 7px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5efe5" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 8px" background=Templates/images/top_div_bg_1.gif colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 25px; PADDING-LEFT: 25px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 17px; PADDING-TOP: 17px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f7f5" vAlign=top colSpan=3><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Region 3" -->QuickSlim-30 contains these nutritious herbs for weight loss:

Alisma - diuretic

Aloe Vera - relieves Constipation, cleanses internal systems, aids in fat and sugar metabolism

Fo-Ti - promotes internal cleansing, detoxifies and strengthens the blood, invigorates kidneys and liver, increases vitality

Fructus Mori - improves digestion, increases energy

Goji Berries - increases energy by improving blood circulation, provides nutrition to kidneys

Grape Seed Extract - strengthens blood vessels, reduces inflammation

Green Tea - aids digestion, detoxifies, reduces cholesterol and triglycerides, enhances immune function

Hawthorn Berries - strengthens the heart by enhancing enzyme metabolism and oxygen utilization in the heart muscle

Lotus Leaf - improves urination

Reishi Mushroom - improves energy levels, reduces cholesterol and blood lipid levels

Spirulina (Blue-Green Algae) - increases energy and mood, provides carotenoids and other nutrients beneficial to those who don't consume several servings of vegetables each day, is a complete source of Protein, especially helpful in obesity

Sweet Tea Vine - improves protein metabolism, detoxifies, improves immune-system functioning

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

QuickSlim-30 does it make your heart race like diet pills? I have HB and can't take anything like that. In 12 weeks I have lost 17 lbs total. I too am a lower BMI and need some help.

I'm stuck at 169. I've been here for 2 weeks and no, a fill is not in order as I am really tight still.

I started out at 190/183 and have lost 14 pounds in 4 months.

How do I get over this hump?

Hey all!!

My starting BMI is 30.5, which i guess would def. qualify me as a low BMI bandster. I just got banded on the 11th of october so im still in the liquids -- YUK-- any suggestions?!?! ANYYYYWAYSSS do you guys think that weight loss will be alot harder for us because we have low BMI's?? And ill tell ya what im worried about, getting to goal. When im there im so fricken worried that my port will be like a visible bump! But i guess i have a looooong time to go before that!

Lauren

What is the lowest Bmi a person can have and still be banded? I was just wondering, Oh Audrey your doing great Ive been watching on and off since you got banded looking good. You know I was waiting on husbands settlement, well I hear they are supposed to be ready to make an offer. I dunno if hubby will take the first offer so I know its getting close. I joined a gym 3 months ago, since then I have lost from 199 to182 a wholotta working out going on. I just wanna be in good shape for surgery, its actually motivating knowing for once in my life I may be able to lose the wait then acctually keep it off. I cant wait. Another question is Dr. Ortiz charges 8500-9500 is flight included or not?

Hi Andy: I know how you feel ...there are some negative side effects to this proceedure like everything I suppose that make me think this lap band is no walk in the park at least for some. I would like to know exactely what it is like when food gets stuck or what a PB is like so I know what I'm getting myself into. I don't suffer from stomach problems now like reflux, gas, etc. and would hate to voluntarily have this proceedure and have a life of indegestion problems. It's also harder when you are self pay and not overweight enough to warrent a no brainer life or death decision. Also a gal who seem so excited and happy to get banded I following until surgery here had to go the the ER the first night she was home but for some reason won't share why. :cry My imagination is hopefully worse that the reatlity?

QuickSlim-30 does it make your heart race like diet pills? I have HB and can't take anything like that. In 12 weeks I have lost 17 lbs total. I too am a lower BMI and need some help.

No, it doesn't I take it too and it helps with my sweet cravings and I believe the ingredients help with the HBP. Check into it. I have taken things that make my heart race and I didn't like it. The thing I like about these are that they are once a day like the prescription but with out the side effects.

Audree, I am so happy for you.... I am doing the happy dance with you....down 100 pounds as of today! Woohoo!

Audree, I am so happy for you.... I am doing the happy dance with you....down 100 pounds as of today! Woohoo!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Congrats!!! That is great!! I need to get to 180 by the 31st...What are you doing right? :help:

whoo hoooooo, CONGRATS that is so wonderful for you!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo: