Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi all :)

I was banded in mexico on Jan.22 2007. My bmi was 37. At time of banding I was at 210 lbs. Now I'm at 194 lbs. I just recieved my first fill about 3 weeks ago. It took me a while to realize that I just won't lose it unless I exercirse . My husband and I are walking/jogging now for the last 4 weeks. I take my vits. and for Breakfast I have one slice of ham with a string cheese. lunch is my biggest meal. ( pork steak 2 ozs and a salad) dinner is salad, or Water melon, ham wrapped around a celery stalk. Every night my treat is sugar free pop cycles.

I thought I'd jump in here to let you know that I read this thread once a week and get a lot of support and encouragement from you by reading your posts.

My surgery was in January and I have lost 38 pounds. I'm happy with those results but still want more. It has been nice to wear smaller sizees, and to hear complements, but I felt defeated during a recent shopping trip. I was shopping for new swimsuit and still felt so big! I haven't lost enough and was motivated to go for a small increase in my fill.

I want the weight loss to continue. I've been at a plateau for about 3 weeks, and want to see the scale move.

Just when I thought I was doing pretty good, my self image was deflated by that shopping trip.

I got another black swimsuit.

Terry

[My surgery was in January and I have lost 38 pounds. I'm happy with those results but still want more. It has been nice to wear smaller sizees, and to hear complements, but I felt defeated during a recent shopping trip. I was shopping for new swimsuit and still felt so big! I haven't lost enough and was motivated to go for a small increase in my fill.

I want the weight loss to continue. I've been at a plateau for about 3 weeks, and want to see the scale move.

Just when I thought I was doing pretty good, my self image was deflated by that shopping trip.

I got another black swimsuit.

Terry]

Terry - I'm new here. Not getting banded until July 17th, but I have noticed that a lot of lower BMI posters do not seem to get regular fills and some are struggling with weight loss. I'm curious; do you guys "choose" to not go and get fills or will the fill clinics not give you a fill? Also, what is the "pb'ing" i keep reading about?;)

The bping is when you overeat or you eat somthing like bread, or celery, steak and other things that might possibly plug up your stomach ( for everyone the foods that do this are different) and so you will start burping for your stomach to try to break things up. This hasnt happened to me thankgoodness, but I do think that this is one of the reasons why it makes it easier to make the right choices and to not overeat, for the fear of it happening. I guess also for some people it is a painful feeling like there is a golfball stuck in your chest. I do know that alot of people on here talk about it happening several times a week, but my dr told me that if you are pbing alot it could possibly ruin your band and you will have to have it removed if you dont figure out your eating, and how to stop it.

Hi CKBW,

I was going to go back to Mexico to have Dr. Ortiz do my fill but I found Dr. Rohrscheib in Clinton Il. to do it, instead. I had my surgery on Jan 22,2007 and had my first fill on May 3rd. Dr. Rohrscheib charged 500.00 for the first fill and 80.00 for every fill after that.

Anyone start out at 250ish, and 5'6"? Was your weight loss slow? I'm scared.

I just pbed up part of my Protein shake. It's so strange because the only time I ever did it before was after my second fill, and it was a Protein Drink too. I guess, because it's liquid, I am under the impression that I don't have to drink it slowly, which is not the case.

I am staying on liquids for a few days to see if this new fill is going to loosen up. I don't want to go in for an unfill. I have already dropped a lb from my new fill. I want it to keep going down!

To answer Celeste, the reason it took me so long to get my 3rd fill even though I wasn't loosing well is that food kept getting stuck. I wanted to wait until that stopped happening because another fill just makes it worse.

I'm a newbie here and just wanted to pop in and say hi! I went for my seminar on Tuesday and being banded next Friday. Yay--the fast track! I have read so much encouraging information here and I appreciate the advice of everyone here. Thanks and keep up your great work!

I'm a newbie here and just wanted to pop in and say hi! I went for my seminar on Tuesday and being banded next Friday. Yay--the fast track! I have read so much encouraging information here and I appreciate the advice of everyone here. Thanks and keep up your great work!

Congratulations! That's an amazing fast track! Good luck on Friday. Let us know how it goes.

Just thought I'd pop on this thread again! I had my surgery last Friday and I'm feeling fantastic. The recovery wasn't too bad at all and I'm making it through my liquid diet. While the liquid diet isn't very interesting, I'm loving the results I'm having....I've lost 4 pounds since my surgery date. That just gives me incentive to keep drinking these shakes!

I hope you are all doing well!

Just thought I'd pop on this thread again! I had my surgery last Friday and I'm feeling fantastic. The recovery wasn't too bad at all and I'm making it through my liquid diet. While the liquid diet isn't very interesting, I'm loving the results I'm having....I've lost 4 pounds since my surgery date. That just gives me incentive to keep drinking these shakes!

Welcome to Bandland, Kland! Congratulations and keep up the good work with those liquids.< /p>

:clap2: Fantastic girlfriend! I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted. I want to hear about everything as you go along. I still have 4 more weeks until banding and I want to be on top of everything!

~Smooches~

Celeste:girl_hug:

Congratulations and great job! Keep up the great work, following the liquid diet can be hard, but it sure does make for quick results.