Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi lianna

Nice to see someone who is so close to reaching goal on the lower BMI thread, well done your are very inspriring!! I am being banded on June 1st, I was 222lbs at my heaviest and am currently 201lbs (hopefully in onederland by the end of the week). My goal weight is 150lbs and I am 170cms tall... many people have said to me that this goal weight is too low but I thought when I decided on it that I was being reasonable... you've done it so how do feel about your goal weight... are you sticking to it???

Cheers

I've been trying to decide if I should get another fill. I am so tired of not losing.

I went off the good food plan at a friend's house last night and gained 2 lbs.I can't help but think that if I had more of a fill, it would be harder to cheat.

I really can't decide what to do. I was pretty sure I needed one, then tonight I had meat get stuck again, which made me think there is no way I want another one. The band is so complicated!! :)

hi, i am a lower bmi soon to be bandster! my starting bmi is 32 and i would like to lose about 50lbs and keep it off forever! i couldnt find anyone in the uk that would band me with such a low bmi so decided to try abroad. worried that i would pay my deposit only to be told that i wasnt fat enough but found out that the lowest bmi patient that they had only had a bmi of 28.8 so it should be ok :clap2:

i've tried and failed nearly every diet always end up fatter than at the start of the diet :) at the beginning of every year i promise myself that i'll lose weight by the summer and each year i'm fatter that the year before! :cry

How are you all doing???

I am at a plateau too and yoyoing the same 4 or so pounds!!!!!:faint:

I definitely need another fill.

I also had my first pb today. YUCK!!!

I don't even know why! I ate a bite of cream cheese in a cold cut and it got stuck!!

I eat steak and chomp it down so why am I tight now!!!

Audree

Audree, you may have not chewed it well enough. I have that happen to me, too. I don't pb, but it sure hurts until it's unstuck. It's always because things have been going so well, that I forget to take a tiny bite and chew very well.

Guys,

I need help. I joined this group about several months ago..fell off and thought i could do it on my own. I'm realizing...i need some help. I have had a real hard time with food...I get a fill, im too tight, i defill and im ok, and then im not...i end up eating junk food because it goes down best. I just really want to lose this weight, and im beginning to give up. I need help with food ideas. Im not a cook, so recipes are nice, but i know they won't work for me...can anyone help???

What do you like to eat? Can you eat spinach salad? I put spinach leaves and chicken breast that I buy in a package and use Walmart fat free Italian dressing. 10 calories for 2 Tablespoons. I also cook with ground turkey. I cook it and put some taco seasonings in it from a package. Believe me, I am no cook either. For lunch I usually eat some lunch meat lean ham. I have to chew it until there is nothing left to chew. Tell me what you like and maybe I can help. I am not losing well either, but I am getting a fill on <br /> 6-7. Another good thing to watch calories is buy those lean cuisine or south beach frozen meals that are around 200 calories.

Actress, first of all, it sounds like you are really feeling down about yourself. Our frame of mind has a lot to do with our ability to lose weight. Maybe try positive affirmations and celebrating your successes. Also, stay here daily! I find it really helps to read about other people's success. If they can do it, so can you! Hope you are feeling better, you have to tools to do this, love yourself and be kind to yourself, the rest will work itself out! Best wishes.

Thanks for the response guys,

And yes, I am not feeling the greatest...Jumped on the scale and made me feel even worse. I do like spinach and I do like chicken, but i find chicken sometimes rubs me the wrong way...maybe things like deli meats might help.

I find however, that I am eating a lot of meats high in sodium like turky bacon. and when i do eat meats they are not the kind I should be eating...I suppose, i get so frustrated with what I can eat, and what gives me problems, that sometimes junk food goes down so much easier....

What are good Breakfast and dinner ideas? Anyone?

I always make myself an Isopure Protein Shake for breakfast--I just love the chocolate flavor. It give me lots of Protein (one scoop mixed with 1 1/2 c. of 1% milk give me 37 grams of protein) and is easy to drink in the mornings.

For lunch I often have a frozen entree (Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, etc.) because I'm at work and can pop it in the microwave. Sometime I do that late in the day and count it as dinner, depending on my time and the calories I have left.

I track my food intake and my exercise on sparkpeople.com and it really helps me stay focused on my goals. I try to stay between 1,000-1,200 calories per day but sometimes I'm up to 1,500. I'm not restricted yet (hopefully with my second fill on Wednesday I will be) but I do okay with the hunger as long as I have at least 60 grams of protein per day.

Anyway, FWIW. Good luck to you!

HI Everyone, hows everyone doing fine I hope, Im still not yet banded but hoping to be soon. I hope you all are losing alotta weight. Cause Im gonna need alot of support when I get banded. Just thought I would check in hope to be in Bandland soon. Bye for now.

Thanks for the response guys,

And yes, I am not feeling the greatest...Jumped on the scale and made me feel even worse. I do like spinach and I do like chicken, but i find chicken sometimes rubs me the wrong way...maybe things like deli meats might help.

I find however, that I am eating a lot of meats high in sodium like turky bacon. and when i do eat meats they are not the kind I should be eating...I suppose, i get so frustrated with what I can eat, and what gives me problems, that sometimes junk food goes down so much easier....

What are good breakfast and dinner ideas? Anyone?

I say try stewed meats...like stewed chicken (boneless skinless thighs) not breasts b/c they are too dry. Stew beef with collard greens. Try curried stewed meats or burbon chicken etc. with some kind of green vegetable that you can tolerate. I also use the Morningstar Farms Grillers in the microwave b/c they are softer that way and they also have the meal starters soy protien chicken and steak they are very tender compared to chicken and steak and offer the protien that you need.:hungry:

I say try stewed meats...like stewed chicken (boneless skinless thighs) not breasts b/c they are too dry. Stew beef with collard greens. Try curried stewed meats or burbon chicken etc. with some kind of green vegetable that you can tolerate. I also use the Morningstar Farms Grillers in the microwave b/c they are softer that way and they also have the meal starters soy protien chicken and steak they are very tender compared to chicken and steak and offer the protien that you need.:hungry:

Those are some great suggestions, thanks for sharing. I'm going to go try some of those grillers, they sound REALLY good right now-I must be needing some Protein too. ;)

Hi lianna

Nice to see someone who is so close to reaching goal on the lower BMI thread, well done your are very inspriring!! I am being banded on June 1st, I was 222lbs at my heaviest and am currently 201lbs (hopefully in onederland by the end of the week). My goal weight is 150lbs and I am 170cms tall... many people have said to me that this goal weight is too low but I thought when I decided on it that I was being reasonable... you've done it so how do feel about your goal weight... are you sticking to it???

Cheers

I am not sticking with my goal. Originally my doctor set that goal, and it seemed great at the time! As I get closer I would now like to get to 135-140 ish. I dont know if I will ever get there, lol, my weight loss just comes to a standstill for weeks at a time now. I know I need to increase my exercise and cut my calories a bit somewhere.....my fill is great. I can eat just about any foods and think more fill would just limit the healthy stuff. So for now I am just plugging along happy to be maintaining or losing slowly.

I am just checking in!

I started doing Herbalife yesterday. See how it helps and if it helps me to get the rest of the weight off. I don't want to get another fill since I get stuck and had a pb last week.

I supplement breakfast and lunch with a health shake and eat a good dinner.

I will let you all know how I do!

Audree