Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Well,

I am eating cream of wheat with fat free milk for Breakfast and watered down cambell's select squash Soup for lunch. Last night for dinner I used my bullet and put in cooked cauliflower little bit of butter fat free milk and a bit of greated cheese and blended. It was so good like mashed potatoes. My doc said no slimfast no ensure no boost for me. Too much sugar. I got 100% whey Protein from Target. It is chocolate flavored and i put in 8 ounces of fat free milke. I have to have one Protein shake a day for atleast the first month. I had my first post op BM today :).

I am down to 183. I was 191 going into sugery. and 193 when I first came home from all the Fluid. Since I am a lower bmi bandster even loosing 5 pounds is alot for me. I hope this helps :mad:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post431808 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost>#1482 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->

<!-- status icon and date -->post_old.gif Yesterday, 06:55 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2> http://www.lapbandtalk.com/image.php?u=14873&dateline=1171854810</TD><TD noWrap>SGDodge06 user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_431808", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2007

im_aim.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_431808><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->I was lucky I only had pain in the left shoulder the day of sugery on Friday.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yippee!! You did it! Your begining your new life :clap2:. How do you feel? Are you hungry? Tired of liquids? What liquids are you on? I hear alot of people on slimfast and Atkins I think I will do that along with broth, Jello and possibly yogurt (is that a liquid or cremy?) .... oh you have to tell us everything... you know how we are just dying to hear all the details. :high5:

If a person has a BMI of 33.2 with no other serious health concerns (for example heart disease of diabetes) are they still eligable to get the Lap Band? If so, would the surgery be financeable through your lending companies?

<!-- / message -->

Well I need to crow!! I had my first visit with the Co ordinator, I have my eval appt in two weeks and the nutrionist appt the next day. Any words of advice. My biggest fear is that the insurance will be rejected.

Can someone tell me how to update my ticker??? I went to the site but could not find where to log in to fix it.

Goldthimble

Audree, where do you get those? I need some of those too!

there is a website I found Quickslim30.com I was getting them from my chinese herbalist. I ran out and need to buy some more. I can tell a huge difference when I don't take them. I am a lot more hungry and I don't lose as fast!!! I need to go get me some more!!

Hey guys!!!

Just checkin in!!! I weigh in tomorrow but I have stopped losing. I am going for my 2nd fill next Wednesday with Dr. Ortiz. I also ran out of quickslim30 and it made a huge difference. I need to get some more.

I eat as much as my husband and he is 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. But, I eat less than I used to pre band. I also have been working out.

If I lose this week, I may hold off getting the 2nd fill since I do like being able to eat what ever I want and I have never pb'd or slimed.

How are you all doing???

I am used to my first fill also. I don't have my second one scheduled yet. I am going to have it by the end of the month though. I can definitely still eat a lot but not as much as before. I have definitely PBd and slimed. Since my first fill I can no longer eat fast food except a couple of things from Taco Bell. But ANY food from anywhere else fast food causes me to PB. I am very glad about that because I really no longer think about fast food.

I have been an exercise slacker the last 2 weeks.

I am not really losing weight because I eat a lot of calories but I have changed so many habits. I absolutely know that I will lose weight eventually once my fill is right. I absolutely feel healthier because of all the habit changes.

Weight loss will come because my habits are changing. Even if I never lost a pound, I would feel better because I feel healthier and I am not focused on food all the time.

Hi Guys, Just checking in. I had my first slime yesterday - lovely. Forgot for a minute and ate pitta bread too fast. Ouch!! Didnt PB though thank goodness. I have a pain in my lower back on my right hand side - would this be related???

Ive stopped losing and cant wait for my first fill in two weeks. I need to get more excercise in though - Im barely doing any.

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Hi Guys, Just checking in. I had my first slime yesterday - lovely. Forgot for a minute and ate pitta bread too fast. Ouch!! Didnt PB though thank goodness. I have a pain in my lower back on my right hand side - would this be related???

Ive stopped losing and cant wait for my first fill in two weeks. I need to get more excercise in though - Im barely doing any.

Hope everyone is doing well xx

I have only slimed once and I was at lunch with friends - suddenly there was terrible pain (too big a bite of chicken the morning after a fill) and then all of a suddent it was a tsunami of slime then the chicken ejected right back out- no burp, no throwup, it was like a CD getting ejected out of a CD player. grossest thing ever! I stepped out of the dining room thank heaven because the look on my face was pure shock! :omg:

I go for my second fill on Monday. I really want to start losing again but it's really scary to me because I already get food stuck. I have probably said that a million times already. But I didn't shell out 10 grand to only lose 22 lbs. I have never pbed or slimed either but it hurts when food gets stuck. If I take a tiny sip of Water, it gets unstuck, but my banded friend said once I get my second fill the water will come back up and I will start pbing. It's scary to wonder what I won't be able to eat after another fill.

I had a cheeseburger for dinner tonight. It was the first bread I have had in 3 months. But I was told after my second fill I probably won't be able to eat bread anymore, so I guess it was like a last fling.

Audrey how much do you pay for the quickslim30? I checked the website and it was $49 for a 30 day supply.

Hey ladies & Gents,

I've been on the VLCD ( very low calorie diet) eating between 600- 750 calories per day for 1 week now.....and i have lost 9 pds....yaay

i was so excited when i stepped on that scale, even better news though............:clap2: I WAS APPROVED FOR financing MY BAND!!!

I spoke with the lender medicare earlier today, the rep i spoke with stts that she already spoken with Dr Carter's office to let them know and op is scheduled for june 24th....i am too excited. wish me luck.....i'm going to stick to this VLCD until surgery for the added weight loss boost.

Hey ladies & Gents,

I've been on the VLCD ( very low calorie diet) eating between 600- 750 calories per day for 1 week now.....and i have lost 9 pds....yaay

i was so excited when i stepped on that scale, even better news though............:clap2: I WAS APPROVED FOR financing MY BAND!!!

I spoke with the lender medicare earlier today, the rep i spoke with stts that she already spoken with Dr Carter's office to let them know and op is scheduled for june 24th....i am too excited. wish me luck.....i'm going to stick to this VLCD until surgery for the added weight loss boost.

Congrats! Approval AND a date--how wonderful! Good luck and good job sticking to your VLCD for so long. You'll do great!

Audrey how much do you pay for the quickslim30? I checked the website and it was $49 for a 30 day supply.

I pay $60 at my doctor. I still have not been able to buy them and I am up five pounds. I am also premenstrual and majorly bloated, but bummed. I am able to eat more. I go for fill number 2 this Wednesday.

I am used to my first fill also. I don't have my second one scheduled yet. I am going to have it by the end of the month though. I can definitely still eat a lot but not as much as before. I have definitely PBd and slimed. Since my first fill I can no longer eat fast food except a couple of things from Taco Bell. But ANY food from anywhere else fast food causes me to PB. I am very glad about that because I really no longer think about fast food.

I have been an exercise slacker the last 2 weeks.

I am not really losing weight because I eat a lot of calories but I have changed so many habits. I absolutely know that I will lose weight eventually once my fill is right. I absolutely feel healthier because of all the habit changes.

Weight loss will come because my habits are changing. Even if I never lost a pound, I would feel better because I feel healthier and I am not focused on food all the time.

I can't wait to hit the sweet spot. I am ready to start losing again. I am eating too much, but still less than I used to.

don't feel bad baby got back...we are the same. We started about the same time lost about the same and going to the second fill the same time. I too have been at a stand still, i can eat much more now although a lot less than before the band. I have not lost since the second week of my first fill. lost 10 pounds with the fill. I go this Friday for my second fill, this one under fluro. The doc put in 2.3 last time no fluro. Sorry i haven't written much i live in the Costa Rica jungle and my Internet (sat) goes down when we get rains, and this Si the season for it. I don't want to see you discouraged you are such an inspiration to everyone on this list me included. You have a wonderful giving way about you and I am happy you are with me in this struggle to be thin. Stay happy...and persevere...

Alice