Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I have BCBS Tx and yes they will cover with a BMI of 40 or 35 with at least 3 co-morbs, this is what they require: i HAVE to see a nutritionist, have a physc exam, i need 2 letters of recommendation, my 5 YEAR weight history and i have to be on a 6 month supervised diet. i have that part down (the co-morb) hypertension, high cholesterol and sleep apnea. the only thing that i am truly concerned with the letter of recommendation by my MD (which i do not have, i NEVER see a doctor), and a 5 year weight history from my MD, (which again i don't have). everything else will be quite simple. I can't afford to self-pay (wish i could) i have even thought about financing the procedure, which might not be such a bad idea except i don't think my spouse would approve of that route. I'm just at my wits end. I'm tired of stressing over it, shoot i've lost about 7 pounds just over being worried about being approved.

Usually your GYN can act as your primary care if you see him or her on a regular basis. If they weighed you each time you went in, then the office should have your weights for at least as long as you have been going to that doctor. Will your GYN give you a letter of recommendation? Lots of woman see only their GYN as a primary care.

I am in Coos Bay/North Bend. There are a lot of people that come from the

Portland area to get banded by Dr. Tersigni. Two gals that got banded the same day I did are both from there. The 10,000 covers all your after care for a year. You do have to pay for a pshyc eval. which cost me $75 and I had a little bit of lab work I had to pay for. There's a chance your insurance would pay the lab work if your primary care doctor ordered it. Oh and the day after surgery, the hospital charges $200 for a swallow test. Blue Cross made them drop the price to $160 for me. So all in all, it's closer to 11,000. I am not exactly sure what Dr. Ortiz in Mexico charges, but at least you would be closer to home for your aftercare.

Yes, the price is definitely worth it, I would probably need to find someone in Portland to do my maintenance/fill etc. as it is quite a drive for me...if my insurance doesn't come through I will definitely consider him. Thank you!

Dr. Fitzpatrick is in Portland and she does my fills. I think it was 185 for the first appointment and 165 after that. She is really great and takes as much time as you need to talk about how things are going and changes you may need to make. She does her fills blind, but has done 3 for me and for my hubby with no problems and only one stick each time.

hey Audree,

Nice to see you back and still losing! Hope the wedding went well and that the in-laws had a nice visit. Way to lose during stress, wedding, relatives, etc.

I think I am down a bit more this week too but I am not going to say anything until Friday! I am planning on getting a fill in mid-April cuz I can still put the calories down, even though it is less than before. I can still eat 2000+ calories a day.

On a more successful note, I am doing good with the exercise so far. I made a pact with myself to do one event a month for all of 2007 and I have done it so far.

Hey Susan!!!

I have been trying to get my life organized and haven't been able to get online!!!

I did start up at the gym again though!!!

BabyGotBack!

I have not read your posts in a couple weeks, and you are NOW more than 1/2 way there, so in other words you are more than 1/2 way to success road. Right on...... Good for you.

Right on! You lost 2 more pounds!!! That is cool!

Are you going to post new pics yet?

What is the difference in your routine to have made you lost 2 pounds? Did you make it back to the gym?

Share the secrets....

So how long ago were you this weight? Years?

Hi!!! I will post a pic soon as soon as I download pics from the wedding.

I think taking the QuickSlim30 helps. I just barely started with the regular exercise last week.

I had fluctuated from the 190's to 240's. I'd lose gain then lose and gain over and over and over......

I could never maintain.

I am soooo happy!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the 2 pound loss Audrey. Hello everyone else.

First day of food today (well legit food) - I just had sushi - it has never tasted so good before. :)

I put on 1 kilo in the mushie stage but Im back on the wagon now and hope Ill lose weight - so many more options than in the mushie stage.

Thanks!!!! I had sushi a month ago and loved it!!! I can't wait to do it again!!!

I'm not banded yet. But I'm going to a bariatric group to help meet the requirements of my insurance. The goal is not to lose weight during the program, but to change lifestyle and eating habits so the days after the surgery are not a shock! I think it's great, just making the time is tough. My BMI is 40 right now. I'm still not sure my insurance will authorize the band, but the dr.'s office said they would help me.

My question is this. . .I thought I would never be able to eat bread, rice and Pasta after the surgery. How are is everyone doing eating the starch/carbs??????

I'm also considering having surgery in MX if my insurance does not approve it in the U.S. Could you advise how expensive it was and how difficult was it to make the arrangements.

We are all different. I personally can eat anything I want but choose to make healthier choices. I have been eating more salads lately too.

I paid $8500 and had one of the top doctors in the world do my surgury in Mexico. It was very easy to make arrangents.

Dr. Ortiz is affiliated with FillCentersUSA.com so you can see a fill doctor near you. I had an awesome experience!!!

Hello everyone - Well I don't feel anything different after my fill - I was able to get my Water down with no problem, they told me to do only liquids and I tried really I did - but I didn't wake up until 11ish, and I was told to only have liquids which I had a bottle of Water on my way. I drunk a bottle after my fill to make sure it stayed down and then I came home - I had a 1/2 cup of tomatoe Soup and I was ok, but then I was hungry again. I don't know how the fill is going to affect me later so I don't want to change anything. I will be better tomorrow, I will do liquids only.

Good Night all - I have to go back to work tomorrow. My vacation is over.

I can't wait for my next fill. I am so tired of being at a stand still. The girl that got banded the same day I did emailed me today and said after her second fill she really started losing. I feel like I am going to be the first person in bandster history that doesn't lose any weight. I gained 2 lbs back from where I was from when I was on liquids for 4 weeks and can't even seem to lose that.

Denise

I think that you won't be the first person to not lose weight quickly. I am still at 9-11 lbs lost total myself. Of course, I am still eating 2000 calories a day in order to not feel hungry. That is less than I was eating before but still a lot. I am hoping that as I get another fill I will eat less. I have 3ccs in a 10cc band so I can still get a lot more fill.

HI all I see your doing great Audree and still losing that weight, Im happy to see that. Im still a waiting on the money. Longest wait of my life I think, watching everyone lose weight, Im still in my 190s and hate it and no clothes fit, summers almost here mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I cant wait much longer. Boyee Im really incouraging LOL! Sorry Im in a Hurry I got passport Im ready to Fly! Anyway ive whined enough you all keep up the good work and dont give up you will get to your goals! Ill check back in aday or so. Remember me in your prayers Audree.

HI all I see your doing great Audree and still losing that weight, Im happy to see that. Im still a waiting on the money. Longest wait of my life I think, watching everyone lose weight, Im still in my 190s and hate it and no clothes fit, summers almost here mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I cant wait much longer. Boyee Im really incouraging LOL! Sorry Im in a Hurry I got passport Im ready to Fly! Anyway ive whined enough you all keep up the good work and dont give up you will get to your goals! Ill check back in aday or so. Remember me in your prayers Audree.

I know how you feel! I am 190 never ever weighed so much in my life. I am only 4'11 and NOTHING FITS!

Audrey, how big are the slim quick pills? I bought some zantrex and they were huge so I took them back to the store. I need something for energy and to curb my sweet tooth. They seem to be working for you.

Audrey, how big are the slim quick pills? I bought some zantrex and they were huge so I took them back to the store. I need something for energy and to curb my sweet tooth. They seem to be working for you.

They are gel caps and go down well. They really help me and they aid in weight loss, rev up metabolism, etc. My pants are really starting to hang on me now, the ones that used to be tight. I am getting down to having only a few pairs of workout pants and I am giving all my clothes away.

I showed a 2 pound gain but I am sure it is Water retention since I have only been eating salads for dinner with Tomato, red onion, swiss cheese, croutons and balsamic vinegrette dressing. I have coffee with soy milk every day for Breakfast and the only meal that varies is lunch and I don't eat much.

I have been drinking my Water, taking my supplements which are quickslim30, Biotin, and liquid Vitamins. I am working out 3-4 times a week for one hour and hope to increase it next week.

My goal is to lose 20 more pounds in 2 1/2 months which is summer!!!