Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

:help: Is there anyone out there with a low BMI that had or has Harvard Pilgrim Insurance. I am waiting for my doc office to call and let me know what they say. I tried to call but gotpoint blank told that they would only talk to the doc about my questions. I so have my heart set on the band.

This thread is the best and I wish everyone the best in the new life you are creating. I know I am tired of the aching knees and having no energy.:cry

Goldthimble

Since you are the one paying for your insurance policy, it seems to me that you ought to be able to have your questions answered. Perhaps speaking to a manager would facilitate things.

Anyway, I hope that things go your way with the insurance compnay.

OK, you guys have been busy on this thread. I got back yesterday but spent most of the day catching up on my march bandsters website, now I'm on this one - missed my internet connection. I'm doing great - gained 3 lbs, but starting mushie foods- 1st fill isn't until the 27th of March.

Will post more later.

Hope all are doing well.

Hey bikergirl,

I gained 3 lbs before my first fill too. I am losing, but slowly, for now. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope I will have finally lost 10 lbs.

I went to the b/a thread and saw Lisa -she looks good. She is on the next to the last page right now. I can't wait to loose. They say the Dr. that I used to have my surgery isn't a good aftercare Dr. I'm really not to worried about it. For some reason a lot of the patients are saying they are not feeling the restriction until later and then they need a slight unfill. I am so ready to be thin or at least back to my 11/12, that I can't wait.

After the weight started going up I didn't really buy me to many clothes - I really didn't want to be this size and knew I would be successful with the band. I'm PMSing right now so that is hopefully contributing to it also. I will weigh in again on Thursday. I'm on mushies but I'm trying to keep them in moderations.

Hey bikergirl,

I gained 3 lbs before my first fill too. I am losing, but slowly, for now. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope I will have finally lost 10 lbs.

:faint:Where is the before and after page. I went to the main lapband talk page and they had FAQ and food, etc. Didn't see where to go for pictures.

I am staying the same. I am still at 22 lbs lost and nothing lost since my first fill.:faint::think

I guess it averages out to that, but I lost it during the liquid stage. It makes me want to go back to liquids. I don't eat carbs, I drink over 64 oz of Water,

I count calories so I don't know why the scale won't move. I am thinking it's a possibility that I got really sick, went on antibiotics, was well for 2 weeks and then caught the same thing over. I am back on antibiotics and only have 3 more days of them left. They make my mouth and food taste like metal.:)

Hi guys,

How is everyone doing? I havent posted in ages as Ive been flat out with work. Im doing ok, i started to put weight on when I hit mushies and just couldnt get full. I was sooooo hungry so I started to take reductil but that gave me severe trapped wind and my belly bloated out so Im now back to normal and just trying to be good. Today I was at a catered work thing and all there was was sandwiches and I was starving and couldnt get anything else so I ate half a sandwich and the tuna Mayonnaise filling out of the other half but it went down perfectly and I could have eaten another one - Im a bit concerned about that - is that normal?

My port is really sticking out now too so Im hoping it hasnt flipped.

I dont get my fill for ages due to easter and my dr being away around the time I should be getting it so I plan to check in here everyday so you guys can keep me on track ... I need YOU ALL ha ha

I thought this would be a good thread to ask. I know the formula for calculating BMI and mine is 35-36ish with the formula but wouldn't different bodytypes change that? I am apple shape and thinking that this is not accurate. I was wondering if anyone's dr ever used a different method of calculating BMI. I've heard of weighing in Water and by measurments but couldn't find any info anywhere.

Christel

BMI isn't the same thing as percentage body fat. BMI is just an index that divides your height and weight. If you were a bodybuilder, you would be very heavy for your height even though you weren't fat. You would still have a high BMI.

Body fat percentage measures what percentage of your body is actually fat. There are several methods of doing this and the gold standard is using a Water tank. You can buy a scale that sends an infrared beam into the soles of your feet and measures impedence to estimate your body fat.

BMI is used by insurance companies but doesn't really give you an accurate depiction of your true fatness or skinniness.

Thanks Susan. So would insurance companies take BF % into account? I really appreciate everyones insight. I just have so many questions. I guess these are things to bring up at my consult, which is only 2 weeks away :welldoneclap:

was real low 25.

BURT i weighed 182 and am an actress in La so you can see why i HAD to get it done, ive lost 453 pounds sicnce dec 21 wich by god is a whole person but im still at 146 146 146 im so sick ofthat plateau i was plataued at 154 for weeks but had a fill and it went away, im haviunga filltoday, my fillpressnetly is only 1.75 i couldnt handle more but im going for 1.9 today. i was able to eat a binch of caviar and blinis the other night, no good, i like a too toght restriction it make sme kno wthat i cannot have kfc, no matter how bad i want it, itll just come up and thats gross.

i promised my team id be 125 by april 15th looks like i might get to 130. im tall so this is very good but 125 is rockin red cafrpet amazing , and noones seen me that thin so itllbe awhole onmage and liofestyle change.

im glad this topic is here somtimes if eel topo"thin" for thsi board and omn not.

f**k the bmi actually i dont care how low it os, 182 was hell.

thanks

gonnabeskinny

To my knowledge BMI is the only indicator used to assess whether you are heavy enough to qualify for WLS. I have not heard of anyone having a body fat percentage evaluation to qualify for any type of surgical procedure. Insurance companies also use BMI to determine your insurance rate if you are purchasing insurance on your own.