Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Welcome Momlambert. Im a newbie too. Banded on 24th Feb.

Im doing ok, only slight shoulder pain now but not enough that I need painkillers.

I went out with friends last night and whilst they had a bottle of wine I had two glasses of red and no dinner (none of us had dinner). Came home starving and so ate some mushroom Soup and a low fat choc mousse, this was around 10pm. Today Ive only lost 0.2 pounds. Im so annoyed at myself as I went straight back to old habits.. Admittedly it wasnt a bottle of wine and a kebab but still. :faint:

Karyn: I see you are 11 lbs from goal - that's great. I am going to plan to be at the meeting on 3/20. I don't know if Dr. Spiegel filled me during surgery. I guess I'll find out when I go to my appointment on Thursday.

We are planning our camping trip, They are having weenie roast, Breakfast tacos, fish fry, hamburgers. I told them that I will be able to only drink slimfast and creamy Soups. I can't wait to go camping - to bad not 3rd week - could have had some baked fish, mashed potatoes, etc. Oh well, I will make sure I have my creamy soups, plenty of Water, and my sugar free popsicles!!!! I will write down all my foods to keep track of my calories. Don't want to consume to many.

BGB- Thanks for the info about the fills!! I really needed to hear it.

Bikergirl- Hope to see you at Dr Spiegel's support group meeting 3/20

I haven't been online much lately. But I just caught on my reading of this thread for the last few hours!! LOL

I'm glad to see the newbies that came on board. And glad to hear everyone is doing well!

I had, what I thought was my first fill on 2/22/07. The Dr Spiegel told me that he actually gave me a fill and the time of my band (1.4cc). So he gave me another .6cc. Unlike, some of you....I've been struggling not to PB and slime. After I eat only about 2-3 bites, if I even think about sliming, I will have too! I'm trying to be patience and give my fill 2 weeks to loosen up or something. It isn't like I can't keep liquids or food down, I just have been PB more than before. I try to eat slow, chew well, and concentrate, but it just doesn't always work well. I was debating on get it unfilled, I just wanted to see if anyone had in input or similiar experiences with a fill. I have lost another 5 lbs since the fill...but....I feel like I am eating nothing- no calories!! Any encouraging words??? I need it!! I just have been feeling like it shouldn;t be this restricted!

Thanks...

I bought some Viactiv Multi-Vitamin flavor Glides Easy to Swallow (Berry Breeze flavor) 50 count. I have to cut them in 1/2 just to make sure - don't want nothing to get stuck and not taking any chances!!!

I suggest vitamins!

Just checkin in!!!

I am doing good. I have been having coffee for breakfast and a Protein for lunch and dinner. I do get full on less and stay full. I just feel a gentle pressure inmy stomach when full but no pain or pb.

I will weigh in on Friday.

How are you all?

My daughter and I were banded together Feb 23rd. I am a lower BMI I will give you our stats.

Jina (me) BMI 34.5

height: close to 5'7"

start: 220

today: 209

11 pounds lost

Kendra (daughter) BMI 45.8

Height: 5'5"

start: 274

today: 264

Taking liquid vitamins daily, Banded in TJ Mexico-Dr. Kuri

Both of us have the 9.75 band with mini ports. Finally feeling back to normal both of us!

Well, it was a learning experience......I was thinking of something else totally and I gobbled 5 or 6 hunks of dry chicken breast. Ohmygosh! I had thw worst pain! Then that clear mucus stuff started coming up and I could only spit it out. If I tried to swallow the pain skyrocketed. After about 30 minutes I started to vomit. This helped only a little but I continued to vomit for about 2 hours. I had to leave work and drive home, vomiting into a cup as I drove. Whew! I finally went to sleep and when I woke up I was fine. Amazing! I stayed on liquids for 24 hours and ate aparingly at lunch today. All is well. But what a horrible experience. I don't ever want to pb again. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and I had my first fill on Feb.19th. I found that it didn't really kick in till the end of the second week. I won't be eating so mindlessly anymore and I definitely will avoid fried chicken breast.

that is beyond pb-that is full on puking and it is the worst.

chicken gets me every-single-time, so i stopped eating it. tuna actually does the same thing, ick.

be careful and go slow slow slow, that is all you can do :girl_hug:

Been there,done that! Isn't it an ugly feeling? It's even worse when there are people around! I've only had it happen a few times, I've learned to I avoid a few things too.:nervous

The second worse thing is when you go to sleep at night with food in your "pouch" and the acid tries to break it down,you end up waking up choking on this burning acid in your nose and throat.This happened to me recently for the first time.I then had a burning sensation in my throat/nose that lasted for days.Pretty scary stuff.I've been banded a year and I'm still learning new things.

Well, it was a learning experience......I was thinking of something else totally and I gobbled 5 or 6 hunks of dry chicken breast. Ohmygosh! I had thw worst pain! Then that clear mucus stuff started coming up and I could only spit it out. If I tried to swallow the pain skyrocketed. After about 30 minutes I started to vomit. This helped only a little but I continued to vomit for about 2 hours. I had to leave work and drive home, vomiting into a cup as I drove. Whew! I finally went to sleep and when I woke up I was fine. Amazing! I stayed on liquids for 24 hours and ate aparingly at lunch today. All is well. But what a horrible experience. I don't ever want to pb again. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and I had my first fill on Feb.19th. I found that it didn't really kick in till the end of the second week. I won't be eating so mindlessly anymore and I definitely will avoid fried chicken breast.

tunanoodle,

My first PB post fill was way worse than the PBs I had with no fills. Not caring to re-live that experience either. I tried to eat chicken today, had one bite and said forget it.

My daughter and I were banded together Feb 23rd. I am a lower BMI I will give you our stats.

Jina (me) BMI 34.5

height: close to 5'7"

start: 220

today: 209

11 pounds lost

Kendra (daughter) BMI 45.8

Height: 5'5"

start: 274

today: 264

Taking liquid vitamins daily, Banded in TJ Mexico-Dr. Kuri

Both of us have the 9.75 band with mini ports. Finally feeling back to normal both of us!

Looks like you are doing great with your weight loss, minimee! That's amazing that you have lost more than your daughter and she is younger and has a lower BMI--good work! BTW, I have a daughter named Kendra, too. She's 22 and one of those incredibly lucky people who eats like a horse constantly and is so skinny. She's expecting a baby in July so it will be interesting to see what pregnancy and childbirth do to her metabolism. She's so proud of her very little "tum" right now. Ahhh, I remember those days!:rolleyes

I've gotten stuck with really tender bar b qued chicken breast , grilled chicken breast and with carne asada .................in the DAY time, but at night I can eat it without any problems!I hate that because at night I binge like crazy!!:angry

Are you guys eating fried chicken or baked chicken?

Hey All Im still looking at all you all stats. Im waiting on settlement, and try to decide on doctor? is there any good in the 7000,00 range? has anyone heard of Hosae Rodrigus? Im thinking autro Rodriguse or Ortiz.

Bikergirl 360 How much was your surgery and is he good? If you dont mind me asking? It seems like forever for my money to get here, Im ready now summer is coming quick and Im still fat. Pray pray pray ! The hardest part for me is deciding on a doctor.

Audrey Im still watching you lose that weight, you are doing great. Keep up the good work.Cant weight till your next weigh in. I dont even wanna get on the scales at this time. Do you feel like you have more energy the more weight you lose or can you tell a diffrenece yet. I know they say you will, boy that is what I deffinitly need to.