Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

>>>>>>>>>>.Is there anything you wish you had that you didn't?

I really enjoyed the sugar free popsicles and practically lived on low carb slim fast. Also, I wouldn't have made it without that mini blender.

Oh and one more thing I highly recommend is Benefiber. I put it in everything because (icky subject) the Constipation really got to be a problem.

hello,

my bmi is also 36 and i just got denied today by my insurance. i also was denied by the hospital for self pay. i would love any help on where to go for self pay

thanks

jeanell

I know that some people have luck if their insurance denies it they appeal. My surgeon (www.thelapband.com ) has some info on their site about appealing, I think. My BMI was 35 and I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I got it approved (Blue Cross). Good luck!

I am glad other people aren't that restricted after their first fills... I had 3ccs put in and I am not restricted. The doctor didn't think I would have much restriction based on how well I took the fill.

Maybe in 2 weeks it will kick in. I actually feel less restricted now than I did before the fill. But I also notice the band waxes and wanes with me a little bit.

I have been keeping track of my calories and yesterday I ate a lot of calories, which could be because I was hungry after liquids. But I notice that exactly 28 days ago I ate the same amount of calories. Those are the only 2 days I have spiked that high on my calories... maybe I am ovulating.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi All,

I am having my surgery next Thursday March 8th in Monteray, Mexico self-pay! Dr. Rambaut has done more banding surgeries than anyone in the US, Mexico, or Canada and I've been researching him for about 6 months now. I cannot help but to be a bit nervous about not the pain afterwards but more or less what I can or cannot eat..I cannot imagine being full after 3 oz of food per meals..or not drinking Water when I eat...Lifestyle changes will most-def have to occur...I have a lower 34 BMI than most people and wondered if anyone else out here might have the lower BMI like me?? :help:

<!-- / message -->

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's illness. Is she okay?

I wrote on another thread about my fill experience, or lack of restriction, and telling family. I think I'll just c&p here:

Just checking in myself. I had my first fill on Feb 12, and felt a little restriction for a few days, but soon was back to being hungry again in a couple hours. At my first fill I asked for the fill to be small because I wasn't wanting any problems and didn't think I needed to be aggressive. I called my doctor office today to schedule my next fill and they said I could come back for another fill this week. Yea!

I have heard from other Bandster veterans that the real weight loss begins at about 3 months. So I think anything lost before that is a real bonus.

I had not told anyone about my surgery except for my supportive husband. I told him that if someone close asked how I lost weight that I would answer honestly, but I wanted to wait until someone noticed. Yesterday my oldest daughter told me she noticed I have lost weight. She asked me if I had the gastric bypass done. I honestly said no. Then she asked if I had that band-thing done. I said yes and giggled. She thought I was joking around with her. Finally she pinned me down and I told her the truth. She was very supportive. Today I went through the same conversation with my sister. Guess the cat's out of the bag. I hope it doesn't make the newspaper in this small little town.

Is anyone else looking toward their second fill?

Terry

I am looking toward my 2nd fill too. But if I can lose and eat like I am now I think I will leave it alone.I have been reading a lot of recent posts talkiing about slips and think I will take the more conservative route.

I am glad other people aren't that restricted after their first fills... I had 3ccs put in and I am not restricted. The doctor didn't think I would have much restriction based on how well I took the fill.

Maybe in 2 weeks it will kick in. I actually feel less restricted now than I did before the fill. But I also notice the band waxes and wanes with me a little bit.

I have been keeping track of my calories and yesterday I ate a lot of calories, which could be because I was hungry after liquids. But I notice that exactly 28 days ago I ate the same amount of calories. Those are the only 2 days I have spiked that high on my calories... maybe I am ovulating.

How is everyone else doing?

What size band do you have?

I notice I eat more during that time too. I also notice of I eat high one day I don't eat much the next day. I didn't weigh last Friday so I am really looking forward to weighing in this Friday. I weighed in at my fill appt. and was the same so maintaining for 3 weeks.

If we don't have that much restriction then how do we know when to stoop eating? There are a lot of new posts on slips and it has me a little concerned. Even if we don't feel restriction are we still supposed to stop at 1 cup?

Hi All,

I am having my surgery next Thursday March 8th in Monteray, Mexico self-pay! Dr. Rambaut has done more banding surgeries than anyone in the US, Mexico, or Canada and I've been researching him for about 6 months now. I cannot help but to be a bit nervous about not the pain afterwards but more or less what I can or cannot eat..I cannot imagine being full after 3 oz of food per meals..or not drinking Water when I eat...Lifestyle changes will most-def have to occur...I have a lower 34 BMI than most people and wondered if anyone else out here might have the lower BMI like me?? :help:

<!-- / message -->

I started with a bmi of 31. The water thing gets easier. I drink up until my meal and don't drink for 1 hour after. In the beginning you will have restriction,then begins the journey of finding it again.:)

Just checking in!

I feel a little more restriction with my dinner, then again I had chicken. I notice my early meals are mushy so maybe I need more solids. I will just hope I get more restriction like I hear some say kicks in week 2.

Otherwise, I am going to ask for another fill!!! He said 8 weeks when i could eat, but if I don't feel it, I am going to start bugging!!!

How is everyone?

Why doesn't anyone post anymore? Just a few of us left. Are you guys just lurking???? HEHEHE

I need to know how was dr ortiz I have a low bmi and I'm willing to do what ever to loss weight and not regain it.

This group is for weight loss support for lower bmi bandsters (of course anyone is welcome!).

For encouragement, tips, accountability.... Give stats, helpful advice, etc.

How much weight you have lost, how long it took. etc.

In some case I have found it takes a lower BMI patient a lot longer to lose the weight.

Introduce yourself and jump on in!!!:welcomeB: :welcome2:

Audree

Just checking in!

I feel a little more restriction with my dinner, then again I had chicken. I notice my early meals are mushy so maybe I need more solids. I will just hope I get more restriction like I hear some say kicks in week 2.

Otherwise, I am going to ask for another fill!!! He said 8 weeks when i could eat, but if I don't feel it, I am going to start bugging!!!

How is everyone?

Why doesn't anyone post anymore? Just a few of us left. Are you guys just lurking???? HEHEHE

I am here Audree!! I have to post every day. You guys are my lifeline.

I don't understand why I have so many problems with food getting stuck. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of food it is. I am really afraid to get any more fill. I will probably wait since I get 3 with the cost of the surgery. I have read the more you lose, the more you will need another fill. Since I haven't lost anything since the liquid stage, I think I need to wait until I

lose some more to get filled again. I am really tired of food getting stuck. It must mean I am tight enough. I am happy though that even though it gets stuck, eventually it moves and I have never pbed.

My BMI is at 35 and I do have high blood pressure but I'm only taking 1 high blood pressure medication a Water pill and blue cross turn me down because I was only taking the one pill for blood pressure please can some help me.

My BMI is at 35 and I do have high blood pressure but I'm only taking 1 high blood pressure medication a Water pill and blue cross turn me down because I was only taking the one pill for blood pressure please can some help me.

I am BMI 35 and blue cross/premera approved me on one BP medication. I also have high cholesterol but am not taking medication for it.

One thing I heard pushes it past BC is to get the sleep apnea test, if you have that I heard you can get approved. I didn;t have to have it but have a friend who did (who also has BC insurance).

goodluck

Hi Low BMI'ers. Im three days out of surgery and feeling ok. Just very very bloated but I understand this is normal.

Ive been reading the forums alot over the last three days and am concerned that I wasnt given an xray the day after. Was this the case for anyone else?

Also how much liquids did everyone consume? Yesterday I feel like I had too much. I had:

2 x miso Soup

1 x low fat strawberry soy drink

1 x actimel yogurt

1 x watered down Tomato Soup

2 x chuba chup lollies (I know these were bad but as I was at the cinema I was tempted)

1 x low fat fudgicle

Is that too much? I didnt feel like it was but when I wrote it down it seemed very piggy.

Hello Friends:

It's the day before and I am on my Clear Liquids - I had dreams last night like you wouldn't believe. They were all about me forgetting I was on liquids and I ate something. So guess what I haven't ate or drunk anything yet -

I wanted to take the time out now to post because the kids are off to school and I need to finish laundry so everything is done.

I will be going to the store later to p/u a few more things - I will also be pulling out the heating pad (Thanks BGB). I went to the store yesterday and got me some slim fast and Water. I will be going back to get the popsicles.

I have to be a surgery at 6am so I will try to post tonight before I go to bed -

Please all keep me in your prayers. It is a day surgery for me since I'm lose risk so I should be home by 2pm on tomorrow.