Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I don't know Audree. I don't think at this point I want to have any more put in there because I have been having a lot of trouble with food getting stuck. From what I have heard and read from others, it's better to spread the fills out than to get too tight. It really hurts when the food gets stuck. Don't they say the way to tell if you need a fill is if you get hungry again pretty quickly?

I actually am thinking about doing a few days on liquids because I am tired of food getting stuck.

I stay full for at least 3-4 hours. Maybe yoyu are just irritzted and a few dayd of fluids would help.

I had lunch and had 2 string cheese, 1 Laughing cow, 3 cold cuts and like 15 almonds and I felt FULL. I didn't have discomfort in the chest or stomach area, but in the belly area. I feel bloated too.

I guess the sweet spot is to be able to eat, but smaller amounts and stay full.

Hi! I have no idea why it took a couple weeks. Don't even know how that is possible. Tried to eat Sushi last night. Not such a good idea. I wasn't hungry in the first place so when I ate....bad news. There is no way I could eat what you do for breakfast...I have to have liquids for Breakfast and that is unfortunate cause I love breakfast! However late afternoon and evening I can really pack it in! I have to be careful and use will power and common sense.

Ya...lets hook up in April, I think I will come down around the third week (it is my birthday on the 20th...I think hubby is coming too) We can work out details later...I may need to come earlier in the month depending on my restriction. I have 2CC's now. He gave me more cause I am so far away.

BTW, I tried to PM you and it won't let me, says your mailbox is full. :~(

I cant wait to see an updated picture! Take Care! xox

I am a little over the half way point! Thanks!!:clap2:

Audree, are you still using the appetite suppressant? I find that I don't lose unless I do. I can't eat as much but my tastes are pretty much the same. So if I don't use something to curb the sweet tooth and cut my appetite a little I just stay the same or go up and down 3-5lbs.:faint:

Toqu: What type of appetite suppressant do you take?

Audree, are you still using the appetite suppressant? I find that I don't lose unless I do. I can't eat as much but my tastes are pretty much the same. So if I don't use something to curb the sweet tooth and cut my appetite a little I just stay the same or go up and down 3-5lbs.:faint:

OK, it shows that the insurance co cc my doctor's office the letter. But I didn't want to wait. I made a copy and left it at the house - Came into work, called them and got the fax number - went to the fax machine and it was broke. Good thing DH at home - called him and had him to fax the copy I left at the house. They called me and I am scheduled for my pre-op on tomorrow 2/27 and surgery is 3/1. I will be in banded land real soon. I will be depending on you guys - I'm sure ya'll will come through. I'm off tomorrow and so I will take my pictures. I bought some new batteries for my camera, however; I placed them on the table and they are no longer there. Do you think the kids got them - they all are listening to their cd players now.:) :) Oh well, I'll just go get some more. I'm so glad they can do it so quick. I have a list of stuff that I'm going to go pick up - is there anything you wish you had that you didn't?

Toqu: What type of appetite suppressant do you take?

Adipex, but I am almost out and I don't know what to take after that. I don't think I can get another prescription with them knowing that I have the band now.

I started out at 36 and am now at 31. I am a big girl still, but I am 5'11". I still have about 60 pounds or so to lose.

I was a self pay for several reasons. My insurance required a 40 bmi for one thing. I had rather pay for it myself than to gain the weight to have the surgery. Kind of crazy, huh?!

hello,

my bmi is also 36 and i just got denied today by my insurance. i also was denied by the hospital for self pay. i would love any help on where to go for self pay

thanks

jeanell

Hi! I have no idea why it took a couple weeks. Don't even know how that is possible. Tried to eat Sushi last night. Not such a good idea. I wasn't hungry in the first place so when I ate....bad news. There is no way I could eat what you do for breakfast...I have to have liquids for breakfast and that is unfortunate cause I love breakfast! However late afternoon and evening I can really pack it in! I have to be careful and use will power and common sense.

Ya...lets hook up in April, I think I will come down around the third week (it is my birthday on the 20th...I think hubby is coming too) We can work out details later...I may need to come earlier in the month depending on my restriction. I have 2CC's now. He gave me more cause I am so far away.

BTW, I tried to PM you and it won't let me, says your mailbox is full. :~(

I cant wait to see an updated picture! Take Care! xox

I will check it so you can pm me!!! I am hoping for more restriction to kick in. He said I'd have good restriction. He said not to come back for 8 weeks. But if in 3 weeks I can still really eat and am still not losing, I am going to call and bug them.

I stopped to see if I had true restriction, but I am going to start taking it again tomorrow!!!

Hello all,

I can't tell you how good it feels not to have to eat what my dad wants. It was really hard to be with someone for a week who knows nothing about the band.

Audree I have heard from several people that it does take a couple of weeks for the fill to kick in. I have no idea how that is possible. I know for me, if I try to eat anything dry, it gets stuck. I don't know why I have never pbed because when it's stuck, it really hurts. I have read that it's time to stop when you start hiccuping, and that's exactly what happens when it's stuck. I start hiccuping like crazy. I am glad to be home where I can eat band friendly foods again.

Has everyone else told everyone they know that they are banded? I know that I would have had to listen to a lecture every day if I had told my dad.

I haven't lost anything since I started back on solids so I am excited to be home where I can start exercising and eating properly.

OK, it shows that the insurance co cc my doctor's office the letter. But I didn't want to wait. I made a copy and left it at the house - Came into work, called them and got the fax number - went to the fax machine and it was broke. Good thing DH at home - called him and had him to fax the copy I left at the house. They called me and I am scheduled for my pre-op on tomorrow 2/27 and surgery is 3/1. I will be in banded land real soon. I will be depending on you guys - I'm sure ya'll will come through. I'm off tomorrow and so I will take my pictures. I bought some new batteries for my camera, however; I placed them on the table and they are no longer there. Do you think the kids got them - they all are listening to their cd players now.:) :) Oh well, I'll just go get some more. I'm so glad they can do it so quick. I have a list of stuff that I'm going to go pick up - is there anything you wish you had that you didn't?

YEAH!!!:clap2: :clap2: You are gonna be a bandster!!!

I really used my heating pad for the gas and port discomfort, liquid tylenol in regular and PM, Better than Bouillion, Wolfgang pucks gourmet boullion, V8, crystal light, Gas x strips, drinkable yogurt, carnation breakfast, creamy split pea Soup, Flavored waters, Kelloggs Protein Water, are some of the things that made things easier.

The thing I wish I had faster was the sugar free fudgesicles!

hello,

my bmi is also 36 and i just got denied today by my insurance. i also was denied by the hospital for self pay. i would love any help on where to go for self pay

thanks

jeanell

I had to go to Mexico for self pay. Greatest experience!! His name is Dr. Ortiz and he has actually proctored a lot of US doctors. He has done ove4r 4000 bands and has written a good book called Lap Band for Life. I paid $8500.

Hello all,

I can't tell you how good it feels not to have to eat what my dad wants. It was really hard to be with someone for a week who knows nothing about the band.

Audree I have heard from several people that it does take a couple of weeks for the fill to kick in. I have no idea how that is possible. I know for me, if I try to eat anything dry, it gets stuck. I don't know why I have never pbed because when it's stuck, it really hurts. I have read that it's time to stop when you start hiccuping, and that's exactly what happens when it's stuck. I start hiccuping like crazy. I am glad to be home where I can eat band friendly foods again.

Has everyone else told everyone they know that they are banded? I know that I would have had to listen to a lecture every day if I had told my dad.

I haven't lost anything since I started back on solids so I am excited to be home where I can start exercising and eating properly.

I hope some more restriction kicks in!!! I can eat anything and not feel discomfort. I don't have to chew to paste either, but I do chew well.

I do notice I eat less than I did pre fill.

No one knows I am banded, my mom and husband. Also a nosy aunt and now she told my cousin!!!!!

I had maintained for 2 weeks, so I will weigh again on Friday.

I didn't eat much today but because I was really stressed out. My grandmother was very ill and we had to call 911. The stress of it did make me feel like my band squeezed my stomach shut. It hurt.

No one knows I am banded, my mom and husband. Also a nosy aunt and now she told my cousin!!!!!

I had maintained for 2 weeks, so I will weigh again on Friday.

I didn't eat much today but because I was really stressed out. My grandmother was very ill and we had to call 911. The stress of it did make me feel like my band squeezed my stomach shut. It hurt.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's illness. Is she okay?

I wrote on another thread about my fill experience, or lack of restriction, and telling family. I think I'll just c&p here:

Just checking in myself. I had my first fill on Feb 12, and felt a little restriction for a few days, but soon was back to being hungry again in a couple hours. At my first fill I asked for the fill to be small because I wasn't wanting any problems and didn't think I needed to be aggressive. I called my doctor office today to schedule my next fill and they said I could come back for another fill this week. Yea!

I have heard from other Bandster veterans that the real weight loss begins at about 3 months. So I think anything lost before that is a real bonus.

I had not told anyone about my surgery except for my supportive husband. I told him that if someone close asked how I lost weight that I would answer honestly, but I wanted to wait until someone noticed. Yesterday my oldest daughter told me she noticed I have lost weight. She asked me if I had the gastric bypass done. I honestly said no. Then she asked if I had that band-thing done. I said yes and giggled. She thought I was joking around with her. Finally she pinned me down and I told her the truth. She was very supportive. Today I went through the same conversation with my sister. Guess the cat's out of the bag. I hope it doesn't make the newspaper in this small little town.

Is anyone else looking toward their second fill?

Terry